Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 390

Old 06-12-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And you can stop now.....it's a blip. Mind you love, where was the champagne? I think you have a lot on your mind.....and it is stressful....I'm sorry about the fight with your mum .....sitting down and having a big talk with your husband will help.....he may understand better now that he has thought about it a bit more.....

We are human and we make mistakes......but we keep going.....together.
I stole it from my moms cabinet on the way out, mid-argument...
****. I did drink it, but I stopped and dont plan on anymore. I called her up and we talked and worked it out.

****. Now I have to start day 1 again, I almost feel like going all out, since I have to start again anyway....but I wont. I can't believe how fast my emotions flared up and went to drinking. Its like my go-to.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Nope.....this is OK right now.....but it won't be if you keep drinking. It will be way worse.....all-out is behind us now love....I know if I start drinking I am in HUGE trouble.....no off switch. I had a ton of day 1s.....lots of us did.....it is all practice for getting it right.....how can we learn without mistakes? ♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BrandNewDay11
BringingBackB
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
cornpone
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
DonnyB
Endoftheday
erfra7
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Marcutah1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
opalblue
Optimist4ever57
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
tomls
turniptheheat
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
wiscsober
YCDT2
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

June 12, 2018

lyddie ~ 4 weeks!
goose333 ~ 10 months!
BarbieKen ~ 5 years & 7 months!

CONGRATULATIONS Lyddie, Goose and Bobbi!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 12:13 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Thanks V

Good night all my SR buddies near and far(if it’s night for you)

20:35 in northern Illinois. A cold 58°F, drizzly. I ate about 4 cups of goldfish crackers 😳 ( after dinner of course)

That’s about the worst thing I did today . Thank goodness

Please, another smooth 24. How about another 240 years? Yes? ( my stupid AV doesn’t know time, it just said ‘yes’ to 240 years!)

😂😂

Try it!!

Thank you!!!

Free
Love it!
Old 06-12-2018, 12:13 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Please stop now, YCDT2. Your days will quickly build again.

Going all out (even one more) puts you at serious risk. Please don’t go there.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:14 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Thanks Kris47

I like reading your posts—-

Cheers!!🥤🧘🏼

Free
I like seeing your results.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:14 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I just want to cry. I feel like I lost control of myself out of anger and now I am coming back to reality and I almost lost it completely. I feel guilty for what I did, but I almost went way too far and was able to stop myself. I feel like I am learning to deal with my own brain all over again.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YCDT2 View Post
I just want to cry. I feel like I lost control of myself out of anger and now I am coming back to reality and I almost lost it completely. I feel guilty for what I did, but I almost went way too far and was able to stop myself. I feel like I am learning to deal with my own brain all over again.
You are, YCDT; your brain is rewiring itself. Forgive yourself and be patient with yourself.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Thank you Plenny, suze and Leigh. I do work at my sponsor's business part time and my old boss at the hospital said absolutely come back. I haven't done any surgical teching since the horrible hangovers and daily withdrawals so I'm looking forward to it. If and probably when i go back, I will feel more confident, not be hiding my hangover, no longer have uncontrollable shakes and hopefully anxiety will be much less or maybe gone altogether. Plus I will enjoy being back to earning more money that isn't wasted on drugs and alcohol. I know I am capable.

Today was bearable, but tomorrow I am the only one scheduled for 15+. 3 more days and then I am done with this job and off to see the Pacific Ocean for the first time! Already scouted out a meeting for the 2nd day there. So excited. Also today is 100 days!

Congrats snuf, rar and everyone, especially to those of us who had hard days and stayed strong. Much love <3
"I know I am capable."

CONGRATS on 100 Days!
Old 06-12-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for being here. I came here because I knew you guys would talk me out of the bad decision. I just feel really down right now. I wish I could un-drink that stupid little champagne bottle. I didnt even taste it in my stupid rage thing.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Hi All,
I'm pooped. Went to my dentist and he looked me over and told me I had traumatic facial bruising from my oral surgery ( performed on Saturday). The dentist who did the work on me is a contractor. Very brusque, boom & boom, lots of pressure on my jaw! 3 shots, I still have a lump on my jaw where one of the shots were given.
Anyway, my kind regular dentist prescribed me antibiotics. And suggested taking them with Ibuprofen. I'm just about to do that, hopefully a better. Nights sleep tonight.
Oh yes! Checking in for my next 24 too!
Night all,
Bobbi
Rest peacefully tonight Dear One.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I approached sobriety differently in January of 2016 than I had in the past. Previously, I was laser focused on sobriety, and so many if my thoughts were about not drinking. However, I never really did anything to make it stick in the past. I flipped and focused on recovery and being healthy physically, and emotionally, and it really made a difference. I fell back in love with exercising, I was always an avid reader, it when drinking I often lost track, and found myself forgetting what I'd read, now I'm like a sponge again. I also have been more present in every area of my life, and mindfulness has been the thing that has helped me with that.
Awesome, Del.

I remember when I was drinking I was always going to do "that." Now that I'm sober, I do.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
You are, YCDT; your brain is rewiring itself. Forgive yourself and be patient with yourself.
Totally.....what Leigh said.....and cry love...let it out.....its OK...and gosh we are PROUD of you!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for being here. I came here because I knew you guys would talk me out of the bad decision. I just feel really down right now. I wish I could un-drink that stupid little champagne bottle. I didnt even taste it in my stupid rage thing.
It's going to be OK....it's already OK, even if it doesn't feel like it yet. YOU STOPPED....that is fantastic. Onwards love.....all of us together, one day at a time xxxx
Old 06-12-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
RX/--------24 x odaat and repeat daily~~~~
The perfect Prescription, Bub.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
I am having one of those why am I awake at 1:45 in the morning moments so I decided to check in here to humbly request another 24 please. Sometimes these nights when I wake way too early have led to drinking so I will check in again at the witching hour.
CONGRATULATIONS,Lyddie!
Old 06-12-2018, 12:33 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

9:13am. Day 11. Knowing there is alcohol in the house got to me a bit yesterday. I did not want to drink it, but I wanted to pour myself a stash in case I wanted it at later date. I physically made the walk to get it a few times and then argued my AV away. I don't need it.
That's strong temptation that you don't need. Can you aleve it? Good on you for avoiding the urge. Get rid of it if it is yours to be rid of!
Old 06-12-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
It's amazing to me that at 13 months sober it is so simple for me to just commit to abstaining from alcohol but I can't string together more than 3 days without binge eating. How I pine to get to the place where I can easily offer my 24 hours of abstinence from the hell that is food addiction. God help me, I can't do this on my own.
Having addictive personality we find other fuels to fly on. Hopefully they are less damaging than alcoholism or substance abuse. Hopefully too, they will be easier to work on once we are sober for a period of time. Ice Cream is no longer my friend.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

It's my husbands, leftover from a party we had. He hid it and I searched it out. I told myself I just needed to know where it was but wouldnt touch it. I think I might come clean and tell him I found it and ask him to give it away.
It pays to be truthful and will keep you sober as well.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Im in for another 24. Xx