Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 390

Old 06-12-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Time to Celebrate our fantastic Milestoners!!!

Congratulations, BarbiieKen, goose and lyddie!

Enjoy, all!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Another 24 please! It's going to be a hot one today.

Congrats to those celebrating milestones!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:55 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Thank you Plenny, suze and Leigh. I do work at my sponsor's business part time and my old boss at the hospital said absolutely come back. I haven't done any surgical teching since the horrible hangovers and daily withdrawals so I'm looking forward to it. If and probably when i go back, I will feel more confident, not be hiding my hangover, no longer have uncontrollable shakes and hopefully anxiety will be much less or maybe gone altogether. Plus I will enjoy being back to earning more money that isn't wasted on drugs and alcohol. I know I am capable.

Today was bearable, but tomorrow I am the only one scheduled for 15+. 3 more days and then I am done with this job and off to see the Pacific Ocean for the first time! Already scouted out a meeting for the 2nd day there. So excited. Also today is 100 days!

Congrats snuf, rar and everyone, especially to those of us who had hard days and stayed strong. Much love <3
Great things ahead, goodbheevan; as love does, sobriety changes everything - which reminds me of a wonderful song. I will post the lyrics in a minute ( funny I nevermade the connection until now).

Aahhhh, The Pacific Ocean - it goes beautifully with sobriety, too.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Well, of course, all the words don’t apply but a good portion of the lyrics could be said about sobriety.

Here are those portions:

"Love Changes Everything"

Love, love changes everything: hands and faces, earth and sky.
Love, love changes everything: how you live and how you die.
Love can make the summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime.
Yes, love, love changes everything, now I tremble at your name.
Nothing in the world will ever be the same.

Love, love changes everything: days are longer, words mean more.
Love, love changes everything: pain is deeper than before.
Love will turn your world around, and that world will last forever.
Yes, love, love changes everything, . . . .
Nothing in the world will ever be the same.

Off into the world we go, planning futures, shaping years.
. . . .
Old 06-12-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
I am having one of those why am I awake at 1:45 in the morning moments so I decided to check in here to humbly request another 24 please. Sometimes these nights when I wake way too early have led to drinking so I will check in again at the witching hour.
Stay close, lyddie.

And congratulations on your Milestone!!
Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Hi All,
I'm pooped. Went to my dentist and he looked me over and told me I had traumatic facial bruising from my oral surgery ( performed on Saturday). The dentist who did the work on me is a contractor. Very brusque, boom & boom, lots of pressure on my jaw! 3 shots, I still have a lump on my jaw where one of the shots were given.
Anyway, my kind regular dentist prescribed me antibiotics. And suggested taking them with Ibuprofen. I'm just about to do that, hopefully a better. Nights sleep tonight.
Oh yes! Checking in for my next 24 too!
Night all,
Bobbi
((((((Bobbi)))). What a way to celebrate your beautiful Milestone
Old 06-12-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Day 9 is feeling like a very good day! 24 more hours please on this wonderful Tuesday.

I'm feeling exponentially better each day I wake up sober.

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday when I came home from work. My 17 year-old grandson that lives with me cleaned my house! That kid is always cleaning his bedroom and yesterday, he decided to reorganize the basement, clean the main floor and clean the upstairs. He vacuumed everything, even the stairs and is now going to rent a carpet cleaner and clean all my carpeting! Gottal love a kid that likes to clean, LOL!

Well, I'm at work so I need to get back to it.

I'll try to check in later this evening and see just how everyone is doing.

Keeping you all close to my heart <3

Old 06-12-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
I didn’t sleep well the past two nights, but it’s Summer, and that’s normal. Too much sun. In nine days, the days start getting shorter and I will sleep well come August.

So glad to be sober today. 24 with another strong coffee!

Xxxx

Red
I started a thread on sleep issues in the Cafe Forum. The method is a little bizarre ( it involves dunking your face in ice water ). I have been doing it for the last four nights and, while it is still taking a while to fall asleep (the broken air-conditioning may have something to do with that ),I am sleeping more soundly.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Good Morning Everyone. 24 more sober hours for me please. I will not drink today.

Congratulations to all achieving a milestone today. Well done.

Hope everyone has a terrific day today. Praying for all sick, struggling and sad today.

7:46 a.m.
EST

PS - I'm looking to start a new Netflix binge. I just finished 2 seasons of "Thirteen Reasons Why", which was very good. Anyone have any recommendations?
I just finished that, too, Rar - very good and very enlightening.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Here for 24 hours of beautiful sobriety.
I was reminded at a kids birthday party this weekend, where wine and beer was served at 1 pm, that a craving can come at any time. I was a little shocked as it’s the first craving I’ve had in months. And then I realized part of the reason I don’t have cravings is because I have sheltered myself from being around booze. I don’t go to social gatherings other than those hosted by my family and no one in my family has a drinking problem. I have built my sober muscle at these family parties over the last 13months so I was surprised that all you have to do is change the setting slightly (add people my age to the mix who are also parents to small children) and the feeling immediately changes. The desire to meet new people with a glass of wine in hand creeps in. The resentment of not being a normal drinker shows up. But I just sat with the feelings and thoughts and they passed within minutes. The girl I connected to the most was also not drinking so I got her number so we could get the boys together.
Just wanted to share.
Way to power through, Sunflowerlife. Sober muscles were strengthened.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YCDT2 View Post
9:13am. Day 11. Knowing there is alcohol in the house got to me a bit yesterday. I did not want to drink it, but I wanted to pour myself a stash in case I wanted it at later date. I physically made the walk to get it a few times and then argued my AV away. I don't need it.
Alcohol has absolutely nothing good to offer us. Well done powering through, YCDT2.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I was tempted yesterday, but today I think I am okay. I know I can't drink because I am busy until Friday. I don't know if I could make it with it in the house long-term, but I will be okay until the end of the day. I don't drink during the week, but my AV was telling me to hide some to save for later. I just want to be honest with him and would rather just have a more lengthy discussion in person. Maybe he will understand that my problem is serious. He doesn't seem to think its that bad.
My husband didn’t think that my problem was serious, either - he didn’t know the half of it. It is good to come clean.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
Day 9 is feeling like a very good day! 24 more hours please on this wonderful Tuesday.

I'm feeling exponentially better each day I wake up sober.

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday when I came home from work. My 17 year-old grandson that lives with me cleaned my house! That kid is always cleaning his bedroom and yesterday, he decided to reorganize the basement, clean the main floor and clean the upstairs. He vacuumed everything, even the stairs and is now going to rent a carpet cleaner and clean all my carpeting! Gottal love a kid that likes to clean, LOL!

Well, I'm at work so I need to get back to it.

I'll try to check in later this evening and see just how everyone is doing.

Keeping you all close to my heart <3

What a fantastic grandson you have, Optimistic. He is one on a skillion!
Old 06-12-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
My husband didn’t think that my problem was serious, either - he didn’t know the half of it. It is good to come clean.
Ive talked to him many many times about it, and he says he understands at the time of the conversation. His dad is a very very bad alcoholic though, and I think he compares. Alcohol has not ruined my life yet, but it has ruined his parents life.

But, why let it ruin you? Why let it get to that point? He doesnt see a problem unless its like that...
Old 06-12-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Wow wake up late 10 am

I’m here thinking what to say and my brain is gone somewhere far far away......

Them please let me have another 24 hrs. of freedom from self drugs and alcohol thanks.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Ive talked to him many many times about it, and he says he understands at the time of the conversation. His dad is a very very bad alcoholic though, and I think he compares. Alcohol has not ruined my life yet, but it has ruined his parents life.

But, why let it ruin you? Why let it get to that point? He doesnt see a problem unless its like that...
Most normies don’t truly understand. To them, a true alcoholic doesn’t maintain a job, keep the house clean, keep up with the laundry, care for a family and those in need, etc.

They don’t understand that there is a progression to this disease and that everything could fall apart in an instant.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Most normies don’t truly understand. To them, a true alcoholic doesn’t maintain a job, keep the house clean, keep up with the laundry, care for a family and those in need, etc.

They don’t understand that there is a progression to this disease and that everything could fall apart in an instant.
So true
Old 06-12-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Totally unrelated to the alcohol in my house, but I drank one of those tiny bottles of champagne they hand out at weddings due to an argument with my mother.

Damn.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Totally unrelated to the alcohol in my house, but I drank one of those tiny bottles of champagne they hand out at weddings due to an argument with my mother.

Damn.
And you can stop now.....it's a blip. Mind you love, where was the champagne? I think you have a lot on your mind.....and it is stressful....I'm sorry about the fight with your mum .....sitting down and having a big talk with your husband will help.....he may understand better now that he has thought about it a bit more.....

We are human and we make mistakes......but we keep going.....together.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Damn.
As Suze said, make this a tiny blip on your radar screen.

Shore up the holes in your plan by thinking about and then I,plebe ting alternate coping skills tp deal with arguments, stress, etc.

We never carry too many tools in our sober tool box.

Stay close.