BrandNewDay11 ~ 2 weeks! ♥
Free2bme888 ~ 2 weeks! ♥
Snufkin ~ 4 weeks! ♥
lyddie ~ 4 weeks! ♥
goose333 ~ 10 months! ♥
BarbieKen ~ 5 years & 7 months! ♥

get well soon Jo - you too Bobbi

welcome aboard Plenny

Neoo the difference is the lows will lift now - everyone has bad days - but that's better than the bad months or years we used to have.

give it a little time

GBE I know it's a far from idea situation but I hope you get something from it anyway

I'm really glad you found a way through the momentary discomfort SFL

d
Thank you D
Old 06-12-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

9:13am. Day 11. Knowing there is alcohol in the house got to me a bit yesterday. I did not want to drink it, but I wanted to pour myself a stash in case I wanted it at later date. I physically made the walk to get it a few times and then argued my AV away. I don't need it.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good afternoon dearest friends. Just popping in whilst I work from home today.
The end is in sight exam-wise I feel. Well, still 5 more to go but getting there. We have planned a trip down to London on the 29th for a couple of nights as a treat. Going to do the whole tourist bit. If I go missing you will probably find me on the lap of the Tom Hardy model at Madame Tussauds!
Neoo I've been thinking about you since you posted last night. It struck me perhaps that you've had the court thing to focus on and in a way blame for your anxiety for such a long time. Now that it's over (thank God!) it might actually be a bit tougher to deal with your symptoms. Hey I'm no expert but I am a big fan of self-care and being kind to yourself. Perhaps the old ladies could do with a thrill? Take care sweetheart
Anyhoo…………. feeling a bit rough still but I'm quite happy and plodding on. Gonna blast those germs at aquafit tonight with my old ladies!
Lots of love to all. 24 please!!!!!!!!!
Haha Jo- have fun with the "old ladies." My sister loves the water classes and she's 42
That sounds like a lovely little vacation you have to look forward to. Have a wonderful day my friend...
Old 06-12-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YCDT2 View Post
9:13am. Day 11. Knowing there is alcohol in the house got to me a bit yesterday. I did not want to drink it, but I wanted to pour myself a stash in case I wanted it at later date. I physically made the walk to get it a few times and then argued my AV away. I don't need it.
Is there a way to toss it out? Is it yours or someone else's? That can make things extra challenging when you're trying to abstain and it's still there, staring at you. If it's someone else's can you ask them to hide it?
Glad you argued with your AV but I also wish you didn't have that temptation lying around. Wishing you a strong day ahead...check in if you need to, if you are having an urge and we'll help you through it.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

It's amazing to me that at 13 months sober it is so simple for me to just commit to abstaining from alcohol but I can't string together more than 3 days without binge eating. How I pine to get to the place where I can easily offer my 24 hours of abstinence from the hell that is food addiction. God help me, I can't do this on my own.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Is there a way to toss it out? Is it yours or someone else's? That can make things extra challenging when you're trying to abstain and it's still there, staring at you. If it's someone else's can you ask them to hide it?
Glad you argued with your AV but I also wish you didn't have that temptation lying around. Wishing you a strong day ahead...check in if you need to, if you are having an urge and we'll help you through it.
It's my husbands, leftover from a party we had. He hid it and I searched it out. I told myself I just needed to know where it was but wouldnt touch it. I think I might come clean and tell him I found it and ask him to give it away.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Thats the spirit YC, I'm sure there'll come a time when you won't even think about it, but for now, protect yourself.

Weev in for 24 more at 2:24pm covered in dirt and smelly, am cleaning and fixing and gardening. I didn't know where to start actually and then nothing gets done. My sponsor said tackle a square meter at a time and thats what I'm doing.

It's funny how I never noticed the cracked panes of glass before. I counted 14 today. Quite a few at the front look like bullet holes. For all I know they are. How did living like that ever become normal?

Love and prayers to the suffering.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Me either......
Oh well, we will both be really tired tonight....hopefully that means a better sleep.
Yes . It’s best to just relax about it. I always get caught up at some point. I’ve been drinking coffee after lunch lately and that sure isn’t helping! Also I have blackout curtains that are still in a box in the closet from when I moved in in 2017..haha. Hmmm...a game? I will trick my brain game! No, it’s not 8:30 pm and sunny and 95–it’s cooool and dark and there’s a chance of flurries.

Love and hugs—Hang in there my friend. It’s tough but we’ll beat this. And sweet dreams tonight!
Old 06-12-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Blackout curtains in the box.....
Mind you, I could never have hung ours.....the ceilings are crazy high.....would you like to borrow Nick? ♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YCDT2 View Post
It's my husbands, leftover from a party we had. He hid it and I searched it out. I told myself I just needed to know where it was but wouldnt touch it. I think I might come clean and tell him I found it and ask him to give it away.
Good move....do it now love, while you have the courage. ♥♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Good wishes to those having a hard time catching the Z's - it's draining so I hope that you have enough sleep with pleasant dreams. 24 more for me please. Love to all x
Old 06-12-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Good move....do it now love, while you have the courage. ♥♥♥
I can't. He is at work. So...I am alone with it for the day. I'm going out in a few minutes though and will try not to return until he is home. I'll talk to him then. He has cut back a lot, so I am sure he wont mind. He can give it to his parents or something.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 06-12-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Day 51. Committing to 24 hours of clear-minded, sober living.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

24 More is the Plan of the Day!

YCDT2....... Alcohol is not a precious commodity. Pour it down the sink and be RID OF IT!!!!
Let your hubby know first if you think you need to but just let him know that the temptation is too great right now.
I poured my booze out in the sink in my early days because it was too tempting, it was calling my name! Now, I could care less if a guest is drinking a beer, doesn’t bother me in the least. That only happens rarely like if we have a fish fry but I am over that urge for the most part.
Down the DRAIN!
Be STRONG!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post
24 More is the Plan of the Day!

YCDT2....... Alcohol is not a precious commodity. Pour it down the sink and be RID OF IT!!!!
Let your hubby know first if you think you need to but just let him know that the temptation is too great right now.
I poured my booze out in the sink in my early days because it was too tempting, it was calling my name! Now, I could care less if a guest is drinking a beer, doesn’t bother me in the least. That only happens rarely like if we have a fish fry but I am over that urge for the most part.
Down the DRAIN!
Be STRONG!
I was tempted yesterday, but today I think I am okay. I know I can't drink because I am busy until Friday. I don't know if I could make it with it in the house long-term, but I will be okay until the end of the day. I don't drink during the week, but my AV was telling me to hide some to save for later. I just want to be honest with him and would rather just have a more lengthy discussion in person. Maybe he will understand that my problem is serious. He doesn't seem to think its that bad.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:27 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan love.....it's important to have that conversation, if you can.....I lived in a small apartment building in Melbourne (Australia) with an open communal balcony, and I drank with my friends/neighbours for years. I had to tell them....honestly.....they didn't believe I had a big problem either....but afterward, I had a close friend next door who watched out for me, so it was a win-win. ♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

24 please
Old 06-12-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

June 12, 2018

lyddie ~ 4 weeks!
goose333 ~ 10 months!
BarbieKen ~ 5 years & 7 months!

Bump
Old 06-12-2018, 08:42 AM