Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 12

Old 06-05-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ben your addiction is telling you you can;t stop, but you can. Go back and read your old posts.

You stopped.

It might take a little more effort and discomfort than you'd like but you can stop.

If you need extra hands on deck this time, what about AA SMARTRecovery Lifering or some other meeting based group?

D
Old 06-05-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good and hopeful thoughts are never wasted on anyone, Ben; they're simply well wishes for your future health and happiness. My favorite quote about SR is "we don't shoot our wounded." It was said to me many times over many years posting here, and it kept me connected and coming back...

If I'm reading you right, you have a week off from work, assuming because you're sick from drink? I hope you can use the extra time to detoxify yourself; it's the perfect opportunity. I've taken sick leave before with the goal of getting my chit together, and just found lots of extra free time to drink more than usual. I've done that more than once; I hope you don't fall into that trap...

Peace, man!
Arp
Old 06-06-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Well I made it through the day. My liver is seriously p*$$#& off at me.
Yeah, my body has been telling me for a while now that I can't sustain this for much longer.....but ya know a day or so not drinking and the AV starts going bat crap crazy. Almost stopped for beer on the way home. Pulled into the lot but didn't get out of the car and then drove away. Not out of the woods for today by any means.....theres a big ole bottle of vodka in my freezer that I can not seem to bring myself to dump down the drain (hence the compromise of beer pops into my head)-God the way my brain thinks is so jacked up
Yeah, I would dump that vodka down the drain and have a smile on while you do it. I had liver pain for about 8 months before I stopped this last time and I hope I stopped in time. It felt like I had a softball under my ribcage 24/7 and took about 3 weeks of not drinking for it to totally subside. My grandfather died of cirrhosis and my uncle is dying from it right now - its no joke.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

How is everyone today?
My favorite quote about SR is "we don't shoot our wounded." It was said to me many times over many years posting here, and it kept me connected and coming back...

^^^^^^^^^ this!!!!!!!
I can't speak for everyone here but I would like to reassure anybody struggling that you must see this as a safe non-judgemental place. Nobody truly understands the depths that this thing takes you too like a fellow alcoholic. Shame, guilt, fear & isolation are food and drink to that ba$tard inside us. Please don't think you ever have to be anything other than honest here.
I never want to wipe away the memories of that fight. Whilst I remain committed to growth I still maintain a healthy respect of the power of an addiction that lurks inside me. One "eff it" moment away from the pit. Sobriety front and centre every day.
Take care everyone. I hope to see you all pop in soon xxx
Old 06-06-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Thank u jo/arp for that reminder for myself
Old 06-06-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Best Morning Motivation
https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygCZo9vVNJw
Old 06-06-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Find your inner Master...

https://https://app.smilingmind.com.au/sessions/77/266/
Old 06-10-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Well.... She has left me. When i say left me ive had to leave . Its the kids home so Now im sleeping at mates houses. I guess at least when your at the bottom you can only go up.

Wish me luck guys I'm gonna need some.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this news, Ben. I only hope you can see this as another good reason to give up the drink. I don't mean to kick you when you're down! Only want to see you working toward a better, healthier life...good luck, and keep in touch here. Many folks are wishing you well...
Old 06-10-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you can find it in you to stop before you lose too much else Ben.

D
Old 06-10-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear Ben. It's going to take some work but you can turn it around.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:39 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Oh Ben......
I really hope this is indeed your rock bottom. Please don't let your situation drive you to think "what's the point?" and carry on poisoning yourself. You've got to choose to get off the crazy train right now!
Maybe now is the time to seek out help. Maybe now is the time to get your bum on a seat at an AA meeting?
I'm just so sorry it's come to this.
Please keep talking to us if it helps. Much love and support Ben
Old 06-14-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all!
Just popping by after work to see how we're all doing
Just admit I'm really tired. Been fighting a virus all week and reached the point where I am ready to do absolutely nothing for a little while. The exams continue and I'm just tired of it now. Still another week to go. I'm not even the one doing them! I hate wishing time away but I'm must say roll on next Friday!
I think I can manage a relaxing evening tonight fingers crossed. Fish and chips for dinner I'm on strike!
Lots of love to you all ❤❤❤
Old 06-14-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I was so tired this morning, I drove away with my dog outside on her lead, and didn't know it until I returned seven hours later! No water, pretty hot day...my heart just sank when I pulled in the driveway and saw her. Boy, was she glad to see me! I told her she could call social services if she wanted to, I deserve it...god, if she had perished on the front porch, I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt! But she's a tough old broad: got herself a big ol' drink, and now she's snoring away like a wart hog...

Tomorrow I get my blood drawn at the lab, and I can't wait to hear results next Tuesday; I have my numbers from two months ago all typed up for a comparison after my drastic change in eating. I'm hoping to stun my doctor with the improvement, starting with my weight when I walk in the door. My only concern is cholesterol, so I'm anxious to see what I've been doing to myself; I'm very happy with my current diet, and I hope it won't need much tweaking...two months without a damn sweet! My dessert is a very small dish of blueberries and strawberries topped with a blob of plain Greek yogurt I sweeten with stevia, and it's so freakin' good that it tastes like ice cream to me...I look forward to it every evening, like a reward for my bravery!

Well, that's quite enough from me; hope others are doing okay, or at least leaning in that direction. Let us hear from you!

Love and junk,
Arp
Old 06-14-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Best of luck to Hannah for the rest of the exams Jo

Has it been 2 months already since you've changed your diet Arp? You've done amazing. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Poor you leaving the dog without water, I can imagine how that felt. Glad that she's ok.

Ben, how are you going? Drop us a line when you have a chance please.

Nothing exiting happening here, I keep my head down in books, preparing for an exam in 4 weeks time. We're lucky with the weather at the moment and sheep shearing is next on the farm.

Be good...
Old 06-14-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

All the best for that test and the results, Arpeggioh
Hope you'll see a benefit from your commitment
Old 06-15-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Ooh I'm guessing it will be blood test time right about now! I'm excited for you Arp! I too am a big fan of the Greek yoghurt. My breakfast every day is to mix it the night before with 40g of porridge oats and add fruit when I eat it. It's delicious with pears! I swear between me and Melly we go through about 20 pears a week!
I've been a bit indulgent Mayflies and hired a cleaner to come once every 2 weeks. She came on Thursday and the place is ooh la la clean! I feel guilty at the cost but seriously I'm run ragged right now.
Weekend approaches and I'm so glad to be sober!
Take care gang
Old 06-15-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Enjoy the sparkling house Jo, you deserve it lovely lady!

I think Arp's gone on a date with his doctor......
Old 06-15-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Haha! Maybe he has! With that slim new body and all!
Have a great evening Elke ❤❤❤
Old 06-20-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Jeepers, pretty quiet around here; five days without a post from anyone? Here, I'll fix that...

For the record, my doctor's husband doesn't allow her to date, and she's seriously not my type!

But her biggest surprise was my weight loss: 16 pounds in two months. Her second favorite number was my A1C, which dropped from 11.7 to 7.2 (in layman's terms, that's hugely important for a diabetic.) She was quite pleased, as was I. No needle insulin for me, thanks!

My cholesterol numbers crept up a little, but my triglycerides (bad stuff) dropped almost in half. She didn't tell me to give up my bacon and eggs, but did suggest I move my butt a little to circulate all that fat I'm eating.

I tried to make disparaging remarks about myself and my continued smoking, and she cut me off by reminding me that I've quit alcohol and sugar, and suggested I give myself a damned break! So I left the office feeling pretty good...

End medical report. Now, what is happening in the greater Mayfly world? Don't make me keep posting about what I ate today, just to keep this thread alive!

Alright then,
Arp

Last edited by Arpeggioh; 06-20-2018 at 04:44 AM. Reason: typos are unacceptable!