View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

Jeepers, pretty quiet around here; five days without a post from anyone? Here, I'll fix that...

For the record, my doctor's husband doesn't allow her to date, and she's seriously not my type!

But her biggest surprise was my weight loss: 16 pounds in two months. Her second favorite number was my A1C, which dropped from 11.7 to 7.2 (in layman's terms, that's hugely important for a diabetic.) She was quite pleased, as was I. No needle insulin for me, thanks!

My cholesterol numbers crept up a little, but my triglycerides (bad stuff) dropped almost in half. She didn't tell me to give up my bacon and eggs, but did suggest I move my butt a little to circulate all that fat I'm eating.

I tried to make disparaging remarks about myself and my continued smoking, and she cut me off by reminding me that I've quit alcohol and sugar, and suggested I give myself a damned break! So I left the office feeling pretty good...

End medical report. Now, what is happening in the greater Mayfly world? Don't make me keep posting about what I ate today, just to keep this thread alive!

Alright then,
Arp

Last edited by Arpeggioh; 06-20-2018 at 04:44 AM. Reason: typos are unacceptable!