Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 12

Old 07-04-2018, 03:13 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

So, happy American Independence from British Tyranny day! I have to go blow something up to celebrate...we certainly do love our patriotic explosions...

(Actually, I hate them. My dog hates them. We're both old and grumpy.)

Thanks for the pics, Elke! You guys sure know how to have fun in your spare time...I'm impressed. I can barely keep my lawn mowed.

The heat wave continues; I haven't turned off my air conditioner once in the past week, the electric company loves me. I did manage to stay away from ice cream with a very easy substitution: fresh chopped strawberries, a couple drops of liquid stevia, and a little splash of cream. OhMyGod! So much better than commercial "strawberry flavored" ice cream, just no comparison...

The village agenda for today: a parade at noon, barbequed chicken dinners for sale in the park, and fireworks at dusk. Arp's agenda for today: a special holiday nap. !Viva La Revolucion!

I'd better get busy...
Old 07-07-2018, 02:06 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Morning gang! Sorry I've not posted for a while. I hope everyone is well and managing to stay cool in the summer heat.
Ben how are you doing? I really do hope you can come back and find a way of committing to sobriety again. You too my darling Sim. If you are in any way feeling like you can't post then rest assured that we would all be happy and relieved to see either of you. No matter what your reality is right now I truly believe that the support on SR can turn it around. If not here in May 16 then anywhere you feel comfortable.
In fact on that note I wonder how John and Tootiesdad are too?........
There is also lot going on here in my little life. Entering the summer with what I hope it steadfast sobriety is opening up a life with fteedom and joy which still has me pinching myself to make sure it's true. Hey to be fair it's all things normies wouldn't blink at but for me it's just amazing. I'm cautiously tring to overcome the things in my head that tell me I'm being too extravagant. Often I feel like I'm living someone else's life fraudulently but why the heck shouldn't I have what everyone else has? Why can't I enjoy the modest fruits of my hard work? I can't be expected to punish myself forever surely? So I'm trying to let go and give myself permission to be happy without the guilt. Is it just me? I don't know.......
Today (when I eventually get my butt out of bed!) I'm going for a swim, taking Melly to her school fair and watching the England match. Well, I'll have the match on but Jeez I find it so stressful to watch so perhaps I'll just keep peeking from the garden now and again!
Have a lovely day all ❤❤❤
Old 07-10-2018, 11:07 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Nothing earth shattering to post just hi!
Take care gang
Old 07-12-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I need to say hello, as well; feel like I'm drifting away from the Mayfly Connection, and I don't like it!

I finally got my poor hairy dog groomed. In fact, she's been shaved. I didn't recognize her when I picked her up; she's basically a miniature golden retriever, so she was, apparently, about 40% hair. It was coming out in clumps...

She's a much smaller dog than I thought! I'm still boggled over the difference. I'm glad I don't get high anymore, because even without drugs, it looks like my dog's head was transplanted onto another dog's body. Freaks me right the hell out, man...she even looks younger. And she's a different color. I'm still getting used to her. But I just think how much better she must feel, without those pounds of hair, as hot as it's been. She acts more lively, too...in between naps...

Our president is coming to the UK tomorrow. End paragraph, full stop, no political commentary allowed, yep, he's coming by, that is all...I won't even end with an emoji...you all pick one for me! Yep, that's the one...

Keep posting, y'all, I miss this thread!
Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Your dog will be pleased with her haircut I'm sure, Arpeggioh. It's amazing the amount of fluff they can create when they're shedding.
I hope you are well
Old 07-13-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Awwwww.......I bet she is so much happier without all that hair!
Speaking of hair (haha) yes we saw Trump arrive last night. I won't comment on that but what I will comment on is my growing irritation at matters of a chauvinistic nature in our media over here. Is that allowed? Oh well...... seriously does it matter what colour dress Theresa May has on? Would the colour of a man's suit warrant a comment? I think not! And the World Cup coverage...... how many glamorous young woman close-up in the crowd are necessary per game? Yes Mayflies I'm morphing into a grumpy old feminist in my 40s!
I'm taking Melly to her first ever concert on Sunday. We are going to see Little Mix (Arp you may need to Google them lol) and she is super excited. I will be once I've worked out where to park my car. I've always been a bit obsessed with parking and toilet arrangements at big events silly me! This is another wonderful thing I can do with my in sobriety. They keep coming and I keep grabbing them. Oh Yes!
16 days to go.........eek!
Have a lovely day
Old 07-13-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hi Caramel!
Old 07-14-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hello Mayflies, I've got a huge pile of tree branches that need to go in the chipper. It's getting near Bonfire size. It's hard work and I can only do so much at a time but the result is amazing. Much more light and better views too.

Jo, I agree with the your opinion of our media here, they are a grumpy old media lol. Everytime I see a cherry red Golf on the road I'll think of you :-)
My first concert was Manfred Mann's Earthband.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JygoPBjY0C4

Just looked him up...he's 77 now!

Arp, earlier this week we had the sheep shearers here. All my Mollies look so different, I can hardly tell them apart. Lady Gaga looks like a complete stranger . The sheep jump up and down afterwards because they're so happy to be thin. I rolled the wool and boy some of those felt hot and heavy. Your Jessie must be so pleased, now she can feel the aircon :-)

A blond haired man played golf in Scotland today and thousands turned up to demonstrate....

A happy, sober Sunday for us all.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like all you guys are having a good weekend

D
Old 07-22-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Well she has moved out with the kids now so I'm back livimg in in my house. It's very quiet living here on my own. Might just sell it and move on. Onwards and upwards I guess. Take care people
Old 07-23-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Well, hell, Ben...don't know what to say. Don't know if any of these life changes are alcohol related, or just two people growing apart.

I can only say with any certainty that an empty house and a drinking problem, for me, was a really bad combination. I hope you're still working on staying sober. If you are, please let us know so we can say encouraging things to you! If you're not, then we'll say things to encourage you to do so! At any rate, you've got people here who care about you...I really hope you're okay, man...
Old 07-23-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

I share Arps concern Ben. The classic alcoholic thing is to say eff you and set fire (metaphorically) to everything. I did that for 18 months after a breakup - it was at least in part a 'see what you've done to me' thing - utterly self destructive.

I barely made it out alive and I was a lot younger then.

I really urge you to stop the drinking and get to know sober ben again.

D
Old 07-26-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hey all - I hope you're all doing well. I'm feeling good on day 80 or so with no alcohol, and its starting to settle in. I guess I haven't stopped for that long ever since I started.

Ben - Sounds like a tough spot, but maybe you can use it as a time to focus on getting yourself better for now.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Congrats on 80 + days SOI

Hi guys, wishing you all a great and sober weekend.

Hey Jo, 2 days to go...I hope we'll all have time to check in here with you.

Nothing much happening over here, I decided to paint doors , gosh that was a challenge, but I've finished it today, hurray! We had a couple of days rain and the grass is turning green again, the cows and sheep are happy.
Hope you're all ok, lots of Love X
Old 07-28-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good evening all.
(((Ben))) I'm sorry to read of your situation. Coupled with your health I'm worried about you. Please dont let it take you further down that road. Please
We are on an overnight stay on our way down to Eastbourne for a week. A jolly British holiday by the sea! All the family will be there so it should be fun.
Truth is I've been struggling with my anxiety recently. It still isn't lifting after a good couple of weeks so after our holiday I may go to the doctor. I don't want to moan too much because I do have a lovely little life now and this is more of a disappointing nuisance than anything too bad. Last weekend though dear Mayflies I was close to throwing it away. The "eff it" thoughts came. Could you imagine? *shudder*
So I took myself out for a swim, bought some watermelon and started a book. And that's the thing. "No matter what" has to mean just that. Every. Single. Day.
And now yes I can relax tonight safe in the knowledge that I will reach a huge milestone tomorrow. Who me? Wow. Thank you dearest friends I will check in again in the morning. Eek! ❤❤❤
Old 07-28-2018, 04:49 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Jo!

D
Old 07-29-2018, 01:24 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I got up at 4am on a Sunday morning just so I could beat the Brits here --

JoJo's One Year Sober!!

I hope you're having a lovely holiday; buy yourself a shrimp cocktail to celebrate! I would be on the all-crustacean diet if I were anywhere near the sea...lobster for breakfast!

Very happy for you, my lovely English friend. Let's not drink today!
Old 07-29-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thank you guys! It really does feel great! Onward to another year of sober living warts and all. Bring it on!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Oh Jo, sorry to be so late with my congrats (33 mins left of the day LOL).
I thought of you this morning and then %$^£$.

Dearest Jo, huge congrats to 1 full year of sobriety.... that it soooo grrreat !!!!
You've done it girl and more important you ARE doing it. I'm so happy for you.

I picture you in you beautiful cherry red Golf with the biggest smile on your face....or perhaps on the beach in Eastborne.

Lot's of Love xxx
Old 07-29-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
I got up at 4am on a Sunday morning just so I could beat the Brits here --

JoJo's One Year Sober!!

I hope you're having a lovely holiday; buy yourself a shrimp cocktail to celebrate! I would be on the all-crustacean diet if I were anywhere near the sea...lobster for breakfast!

Very happy for you, my lovely English friend. Let's not drink today!
Even at 4am you're funny Arp. Can I come and live with you? :-)