View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Loveisallweneed

Originally Posted by 3trees View Post
hello! on day 6. what a difference a week can make. last night was a sober friday night....the first one in a VERY long time. i even went to the after work thing, and had diet coke and water and splurged on food. someone asked why i was drinking soda, and i said i had to pick my daughter up from track practice (true)....and that got met with "well aren't YOU being responsible." whatever that means.

i could tell my kids loved that i was not drinking. i made a great dinner. and i was sober, so i could drive my daughter over to her friend's house and pick her up at 10pm... she was nervous to ask me and so thankful i could pick her up.

my other daughter curled up and we watched cupcake wars. she usually disappears to her room if i am drinking.

awesome to wake up clear-headed and ready for an awesome saturday. i know i will still have hard times ahead, but i am so thankful right now.

have a great weekend! on to day 7!
Just reading this and it made me cry! (It doesn’t take much today) but when you said your kids could see the difference it hit home! I hope you continue to grow and stay strong, and be the best mom you can be! “Just as the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a beautiful butterfly” x