Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-12-2018, 11:06 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Thanks Turnuptheheat, Quit4now and Daisy.

Don't think it's hydration Daisy, I'm drinking quite a lot of water, I think it's a weather issue, a few friends have mentioned the same symptoms. I normally get really bad sinus issues when there's thunder due.
Ended up going home early, painkillers weren't working at all and I was getting a bit of a temperature and I just felt rotten. Ended up with a cold compress lying on the sofa for a couple of hours and at present feeling better.
Even though I hate headaches, yes I'd rather this than being hungover. In fact that's a thing that really puts me off the notion of alcohol.
In previous attempts, two,three days of not drinking after a two bottle of wine daily habit, I'd say the hangover would be slight but I'd definitely have a headache that'd annoy me til I got home and drank after work. The last time I was off alcohol for about a week, when I drank the hangover wasn't so forgiving. It was a weekend day fully lost! And when you consider you only get two days, it meant the following day was also probably lost to daytime drinking and doing very little. Now I'm 31 days sober and I really wouldn't want to even imagine the hangover if i drank tonight. Which is fine because I have no intention of drinking!!:-)
I've had a nice dinner and chilling with my dog, hope everyone has a good evening too!
Old 04-12-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Welcome back notonly and juno.

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I do look better than when hungover. Now I have a toothache causing face and head pain and having surgery in 11 days for something else. All happens at once.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Finishing up day 6 ...feeling pretty good. I love the feeling of waking up sober. No headaches, not horrible dry skin and dry eyes etc.
I get cravings every afternoon as I come home from work but I try to redirect my thinking during my commute home.

Readyatlast...hope you are feeling better and surgery goes well .

Welcome turnitup, juno11 and I know I missed someone?

Daisy belle....thinking of you and your husband..I've Iived that sooo many times...the tension will ease as long as you don't drink

So glad to see us posting and fighting this beast together

Have a great evening xo
Old 04-12-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Juno and NotOnlyMe

D
Old 04-12-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Hi again and a very late good evening to you all. Just checking in quickly before I go to bed. Feeling a bit sad and emotional tonight, I'm telling myself that 'this too will pass' though it's passing like a kidney stone at the minute.

Donnyb, I love your positive post, thank you. You stay strong too.

Ready, I'm feeling very tired too and I'm always forgetting things, I'll put that down to senior moments, or maybe it's just part of the recovery process. I hope you have a restful night. I hope your toothache eases up, maybe the pharmacist could recommend something to keep you going until you see your dentist.

Quitnow I hope your sinus condition improves and your headaches pass. Take good care of yourself. Well done on 3 weeks.

Hi Juno, day 1 is a start, I hope to see you back posting on day 2 tomorrow.

Notonlyme, new day, new start. Draw a line under it, learn from it and move on. You can do this. x

3trees well done on day 11 and thank you for your inspiring post.

Hi my sober turnip twin, I hope you are well. I had a lovely day with my grandson thank you and my other 2 grandchildren too. We went to a farm and they got to have a tractor ride, and feed some lambs and baby goats. I mainly drink just ordinary tea, my favourite is called Yorkshire tea and it's quite strong. I love lemon and ginger tea too , fruit tea and peppermint tea. Thanks for the son, I enjoyed it. x

I hope your headache has passed Zombie and it does sound as if it's sinus related. Poor you, I hate headaches.

Thanks for your kind words Lovehoop, they mean a lot. xx

Well I'm off to bed now, it's very late and I'm very tired.

Back tomorrow. x
Old 04-12-2018, 05:40 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hi guys, screwed up tonight. Finally A warm day, worked outside, got the grill going, and the voice calling the whole afternoon. I gave in and went to the store and got a six pack. I drank 3, pissed at myself the whole time, then dumped the other 3 down the drain. No excuses, let myself down and day one tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

donnyb....don't let it get you down. you shouldn't be too hard on yourself! you had three, and dumped three. it could have been much worse, but you stopped the train. i feel you on the warm day....i am working 12 hours (10am-10pm) today...the warmest, sunniest day we have had all year....and all i can think about right now is a cold beer too.

nothing worth having comes easy. you can do this. day one tomorrow! sleep well.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hey Donnyb- you def did the right thing by stopping and yes tomorrow is day 1 again- clean slate.

Thank you everyone for the kind words re: my black eye and my Mom's cancer. The last couple days after work have been tough for me- kept wanting to pull over on the way home after work and grab some beer or wine.

For me one drink slips into so, so many more and then it's always a huge regret the next day. Always. I had to skip a work dinner tonight- didn't want to be sitting across the table from ALL of the coworkers with a black eye. It's nice to be here and safe at home, with my dog, and sober. Today is the end of day 4 for me. Love to you all~we got this.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Morning all.
Sorry to hear that donny but great you're back . Maybe tweak your plan so next time triggers happen you don't buy. I always recall someone on here saying triggers are just thoughts we don't have to act on them.

Off out for the day today. Last day of the school hols.

Have a great day all.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:29 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Day 7

8.06 a.m U.K

Good morning chaps

It's an awful morning here, cold, grey and absolutely lashing it down with rain. I had quite a good night again last night, I'm on a roll, that's 2 now. I still feel exhausted though. It's still like living in the house of doom though, he's still not speaking to me unless I speak to him first and then I just get a yes or a no answer. He's still here though, so I guess that's something. I'll just keep working on showing him that I'm serious about this. I'll give it my best.
Going to do some grocery shopping this morning, one of my least favourite jobs but needs must, then I'm not sure after that, I'll take the day as it comes.

Aww I'm sorry to read that Donny, I know how disappointed you'll be in yourself, but the main thing is that you've come straight back. Draw a line under it, dust yourself down and learn from it. Sometimes it's 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. Take good care of yourself and be kind to yourself. x

3trees, that's a lot of hours to be working, I hope the time passes quickly for you. I think you need to be sending some of that warm sunshine over to me.

Hi Sunshine, I hope that black eye has nearly faded now. I know what you mean about wanting to pull in for some booze on the way home, you should be really proud of yourself for not succumbing. I find it helpful to have as little money on me as possible and to leave my cards at home when possible. That way I don't have enough money on me to buy drink. Be extra vigilant over the weekend and keep yourself as busy as possible, don't let the A.V whisper sweet nothings in your ear. Sending love to you and your mum.

Hi Ready, have a good day today, I hope you're doing something nice.

Have the best Friday you can all of you. Stay sober. x
Old 04-13-2018, 02:59 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

The start of day 32.
It's cold where I am but it's Friday and so generally happy as I've the weekend off!:-)
Old 04-13-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi all 👋🏻! Day 12 today an it’s the real test, my bf went to America this morning until Sunday to see his mom and the kids are with their dad so I’ll have 48 hrs in the house on my own! Well not actually in the house because that would not be good!

A friend is calling in a while for a cup of tea and then we will take the dog for a walk! I bought a dyson yesterday (I swear I used to be cool) lol! So I’m going to turn the music up and clean the house! As much as I can anyway... didn’t sleep great last night so whatever energy I have I’ll clean! Tonight I am only thinking about! Friday night wine is not an option so maybe a takeaway (another one) ugggg my body is just craving bad food and sweets... but hey it could be worse! Then maybe a facial and a bath! Lots of reading and some cringy chick flick lol!

I hope you’re all well and have another 24 hrs of sobriety. “Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a beautiful butterfly” 🦋x
Old 04-13-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, slept pretty well and back in the saddle again today. Back to being focused. Feel blessed to be on this journey with all of you. Have a great day April peeps💜💜
Old 04-13-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQChV3kU2xg

My hoovering song 😂😂😂😂
Old 04-13-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x thanks again for your replies for the other day about my geckos, i ended up going to bed after sorting everything out so not to cave into having a drink or a smoke.

Yesterday was interesting day aswell lol started off i actually cut the grass yay me! then got phone call from daughter saying that she has just seen the midwife and they wanted to get the baby monitored as he was being quiet and was rather low down but his heart sounded fine. She spoke to the doc and said she had something to eat and he started to move again so she said she will hold off going to hospital for now. The other news she told me is they have booked her in next week at the hospital to get a sweep on the thursday, so i could be a grandma by the weekend! totally looking forward to it, so back on being sober and it is day 4. sry for going on about my daughter its just its my first time being a grandma and i am excited for her.

Hope you all have a good day and be kind to yourself as i read a post from 3 tree saying we are special and you all are.

check in later x
Old 04-13-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Donny - if you can give a little more thought to what happened and why it need never happen again

whether its making more changes to reflect your desire to stay sober or needing more support, or making better use of the support you have you can make Recovery 2.0 tougher stronger better.

D
Old 04-13-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hi again

Hope I'm not being a nuisance and posting too much. I feel I just need to stick close at the minute. Home alone and too much overthinking.

Day 32 is a great achievement Zombie, do you feel better health wise for being alcohol free for all those days? What are your plans for the weekend? I hope the weather picks up for it though it's not looking very positive.

Loveisall being home alone for 48 hours would be a testing time for me and I'm not confident that I would pass at the minute. You've done the right thing in making plans to keep yourself busy. Stay close to here too and keep posting, think how happy you will be with yourself on Monday after having a sober weekend. I couldn't open the link to your hoovering song.

Glad you're feeling focused again Donny, you can do this,

Glad your gekko's are all sorted now Erratic. What exciting news about your grandchild, grandchildren are just magic and the most perfect reason for staying sober. Don't think twice about talking about your daughter and the baby, I will be expecting at least 3 updates per day once the baby is born.

Back later
Old 04-13-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thanks Daisy!
Healthwise- I feel a lot calmer- and positive. I'm still eating a lot of chocolate so no weight loss:-( but I'm in a good mental state so that's all that matters really!:-)
Old 04-13-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I'm gonna be a part of this and finally get well. Best of luck to everyone.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Hi again

Hope I'm not being a nuisance and posting too much. I feel I just need to stick close at the minute. Home alone and too much overthinking.

Day 32 is a great achievement Zombie, do you feel better health wise for being alcohol free for all those days? What are your plans for the weekend? I hope the weather picks up for it though it's not looking very positive.

Loveisall being home alone for 48 hours would be a testing time for me and I'm not confident that I would pass at the minute. You've done the right thing in making plans to keep yourself busy. Stay close to here too and keep posting, think how happy you will be with yourself on Monday after having a sober weekend. I couldn't open the link to your hoovering song.

Glad you're feeling focused again Donny, you can do this,

Glad your gekko's are all sorted now Erratic. What exciting news about your grandchild, grandchildren are just magic and the most perfect reason for staying sober. Don't think twice about talking about your daughter and the baby, I will be expecting at least 3 updates per day once the baby is born.

Back later
Thank you! I definitely will keep posting 💖x