Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-09-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Day 4 almost done and dusted. No work repercussions today due to my last 'episode' but there could be a 'please explain' relating to some expenses soon. Sigh.

BUT I will deal with that as it comes and am grateful for these 4 days. No more alcohol in the house, all gone. Counselling tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Day 2. I'm committed to not drink today. I'm committed to coming out here when cravings start. I'm committed to checking in here every morning and evening. I'm committed to staying sober. One day at a time.
Thank you for the welcome. I recognize some of you from other months on here it's comforting to see your names....I also look forward to getting to know new names. We need eachother....it's so important to stay active out here and get the support from others. Only we really understand eachother and how hard it is to not drink. I plan to commit each day to not having that first drink....but I also want to get excited about other things in my life. So many good things happening and I'm sabotaging it with alcohol (story of my life). But this time I can't let this happen. This time I am going to stand up to alcohol and get happy about the good things in my life. Put a positive focus on those things.
Sorry I'm rambling. Hope everyone has a great sober day!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Day 2. I'm committed to not drink today. I'm committed to coming out here when cravings start. I'm committed to checking in here every morning and evening. I'm committed to staying sober. One day at a time.
Thank you for the welcome. I recognize some of you from other months on here it's comforting to see your names....I also look forward to getting to know new names. We need eachother....it's so important to stay active out here and get the support from others. Only we really understand eachother and how hard it is to not drink. I plan to commit each day to not having that first drink....but I also want to get excited about other things in my life. So many good things happening and I'm sabotaging it with alcohol (story of my life). But this time I can't let this happen. This time I am going to stand up to alcohol and get happy about the good things in my life. Put a positive focus on those things.
Sorry I'm rambling. Hope everyone has a great sober day!
Way too go Kgirl!!! Stay sober and stay close, we are all in this together!!! 💜
Old 04-09-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Day 2.
What a nightmare of a weekend that was. I slept maybe an hour and a half last night. Thank goodness for my hubby, he has been so super sweet.
Ready to go forward with my life.

Happy Monday all. I'll try to catch up more a little later.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Good Morning and day to you ll. Thanks for all of your post. It is great to be part of this class...
Day 7 starts for me. It was my first weekend sober in a very long time and I am grateful for this site and all the support! Have a great Monday!

asixstringnut
Old 04-09-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Day 8 >> Feeling great!

Such a good weekend. I feel like I connected closely with my kids.

My 10-year-old son begged me to get the free trial to the WWE streaming channel so he could watch Wrestlemania. And I did! Lol!

I was 13 when the first Wrestleanoa happened .... during the Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant, King Kong Bundy days.... and I haven’t set eyes on it since.

It was a silly evening, but we were all together. Even my daughters. They stuck around and I made a fun dinner with lots of cookies. My dog sensed the energy and tore up his stuffed animal!

No alcohol needed. In fact.... it would have produced a completely different result.

I am thankful for SR. It’s in large part of your suppprt and knowing I am not alone that gives me the will and determination to make more weekends like this one.

Have a great week. I’m pulling for all of you!
Old 04-09-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3trees View Post
Such a good weekend. I feel like I connected closely with my kids.

My 10-year-old son begged me to get the free trial to the WWE streaming channel so he could watch Wrestlemania. And I did! Lol!

I was 13 when the first Wrestleanoa happened .... during the Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant, King Kong Bundy days.... and I haven’t set eyes on it since.

It was a silly evening, but we were all together. Even my daughters. They stuck around and I made a fun dinner with lots of cookies. My dog sensed the energy and tore up his stuffed animal!

No alcohol needed. In fact.... it would have produced a completely different result.

I am thankful for SR. It’s in large part of your suppprt and knowing I am not alone that gives me the will and determination to make more weekends like this one.

Have a great week. I’m pulling for all of you!
That is awesome!!! Right there with you at 8 days 3trees and feeling great. We are doing this👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Old 04-09-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

hi April class. I was back in the march class - managed 2 blissful weeks of sobriety then for whatever, stupid pathetic reason slipped off the slope.... as always, massive repercussions , so much so that I cannot dare to even think of them right now....
Now on day 3. This has to be my last chance now, it really does.
Wishing you all well
Elle
Old 04-09-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
That is awesome!!! Right there with you at 8 days 3trees and feeling great. We are doing this👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
i have been working in step with you DonnyB. let's keep this pace going. it feels so good!!! keep it up!

Old 04-09-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elle126 View Post
hi April class. I was back in the march class - managed 2 blissful weeks of sobriety then for whatever, stupid pathetic reason slipped off the slope.... as always, massive repercussions , so much so that I cannot dare to even think of them right now....
Now on day 3. This has to be my last chance now, it really does.
Wishing you all well
Elle
Elle....you are back now. Make Day 3 happen. See you tomorrow on Day 4!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

day 15 and on 13th week i think of no smoking.

Only 15 days until my daughter should be having her baby, god the time is coming up quick. x

Welcome all to new members x for the whole of you all have a good day if can x
Old 04-09-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

HI ALL!! Day 5. I see Some friends here Nichole, Strawberry, ChikChik we can do this. I’m a bit tired of switching groups!!

Good luck to everyone and very nice to meet you!! I look forward to us helping each other!

Viper
Old 04-09-2018, 08:58 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. I’m on day 2. 1st day I was hungover so today really feels like day 1. I’ve known for a long time that I want to make a change and quit this drinking madness that is ruining my body, my mind, my self esteem, and basically my entire life. It’s gotten so bad over the past several years that I’ve completely lost any resemblance of who I really am. I’m tired of feeling sorry for myself. I’m tired of using a really traumatic situation I went through with my husband as an excuse. I’m so tired of how pathetic and depressed and self loathing I’ve become. I’m tired of killing myself by either being drunk or hungover pretty much most of the time. I’m tired of the shame, embarrassment, flakiness. I’m just so tired of my own bull crap. Sick of it.

I’m excited about the possibility of living a better life. I’m excited about being a better a parent to my awesome kiddo. I’m looking forward to sober days and a clear head and no hangovers. I’m looking forward to doing life again and to see what that holds for me.

I know this is going to be hard. Most times even if I make my mind up to not drink again that 1st drink gets to my mouth and down my throat quickly before I even have a chance to try to say no to it.

I started a recovery plan and have a list of 5 things I will do 1st, no matter what, when a craving to drink comes on. I haven’t had to use that yet but I know that I will and probably tonight. I also started a list of things to do besides drinking because one of my many triggers is being bored and I need to find other things to do. I’m going to start keeping track of cravings and work through what the triggers actually are. Where are they coming from? What’s the real reason I’m feeling that way? What else can I do besides drinking that will soothe that feeling?

One of my 5 main things to do when I crave a drink will be to come on here. So hopefully I’ll get to meet some of you more because that will mean that I’m not drinking.

I’m scared to fail and I don’t know how I will be able to accomplish this but I’m here today and I will not drink today.

Well thanks for listening. Having people that I can talk about this stuff and to get the words out feels good. I wish everyone a good day today. We can do this.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
So much posting over the last 24 hours. Thank you all. Thank you for your honesty and your positivity.
To those struggling; keep posting about it. Don't ever turn away from us because you're ashamed. We all get it. That's why were here posting on a recovery forum. For most of us (I think anyway) people in our "real life" don't get it.

ProfD, Welcome back!

ChickChick, You ok?
Strawberry, Don't go any deeper into that hole.
JustTony, ReadyatLast, Welcome to the group! And anyone else I missed...so glad you're here.

I'm around 2 weeks ( I need to go look at my calendar) and feeling pretty good still. Slight, ever so slight, thoughts about the wine. One, when I saw someone glorifying it in an Instagram post, and another when my mother mentioned having a glass again (I'm convinced she's headed towards trouble with her increasing wine drinking.) All of this reminds me of that Proverb where it talks about the wine looking so appealing swirling around in the cup, the lure, the romance, but BAM...it bites like a serpent and stings you in the end. It is poison ProfD. We all have to remember that.
I have actually found that removing any social media accounts that glorify the use of alcohol or wine helps with cravings. Out of sights out of mind.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Try an OTC Melatonin product. They work wonders
Old 04-09-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Day 8

Thanks for the kind thoughts Dee & love hoops
Better day today but was tested to limit
Work customers going drinking after meeting assumed I would lead the way
I’ve decided now that my sobriety is so important that I will not put myself in any situation which will lead me nearer drink. I was completely polite but firm ,could see they were slightly put out but that is the way it has to be from now on. Had a walk round the centre of an old historic town where I am staying and pubs all round. Back to the hotel room is the best place for me with coffee and sandwich. Had 15 years of heavy drinking every night and binges at weekends getting heavier and heavier. No doubt I am on a road to disaster if I continue drinking
Old 04-09-2018, 09:50 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

You got this!!! I have found that keeping a journal and just writing down all thoughts that pop into my head, no matter what they are, no matter what format, it really helps curb the cravings.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Day 1 here ready to get this thing. I am very committed to staying sober and plan to be very active in recovery. I need this to stick
Old 04-09-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ByeByeWineByBy View Post
Try an OTC Melatonin product. They work wonders
Melatonin gave me horrible vivid nightmares! Never again.

Be careful with any supplements.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

biminiblue...me too!!!

it helps me sleep through the night but i have the craziest dreams. then last night, i did not take it and i still had crazy awful-ish dreams....but was awake for two hours in the middle of the night.

i guess i would rather sleep the two hours and have nightmares? i am not sure!