Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-07-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

My AV is telling me just to close my account as since October over ha 200 day ones and it's getting boring for the people on this site.
Tonight is one big party here for Easter Sunday tomorrow starting now and I was sucked in as always . Feeling low right now
Old 04-07-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Don't check out strawberry..we are human..
I have had so many day 1s and I'm back here again today..day 1!
I have had years of sobriety in the past so I know how good my life can be. I want that back but I keep giving in to the wicked AV!

You posted here which is great..lets do this together
Old 04-07-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

3trees....loved your story. It made me realize how much I want to sto hurting my family...yank you
Old 04-07-2018, 02:05 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hey Strawberry, Why don’t you at least stay on SR (don’t close your account) and that’s one stab against your AV. I closed my acct a few years back, probably for different reasons. But here I am again. And feeling really good about a sober life.

You will get there. Sobriety has to be more important to you than the Drink. Are you reading any books on addiction? There’s some great stuff out there and they are even listed up top in the forum. I’m cheering you on here. We all know the pull of alcohol, but it always bites and stings ya in the end.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Well it's day one ... It 12 am happy Easter everyone ! Easter Sunday here and I'm 4 mins being sobor ... In other words I've drank 2 bottles of wine today .... Tomorrow the party of Easter continues ... But I keeped a promise with myself and a friend of mine that my last day one is 8 th of April
And today I have also stoped smoking ! Every minute every hour .
Old 04-07-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Day 1 starts. I hope to it this time
Old 04-07-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Congrats on quitting smoking strawberry !!! I quit 6 months ago never thought it was possible for me. 😘
Old 04-07-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Wishing everyone the best today/night
3 more hours then I can say day 3
Old 04-07-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
My AV is telling me just to close my account as since October over ha 200 day ones and it's getting boring for the people on this site.
Tonight is one big party here for Easter Sunday tomorrow starting now and I was sucked in as always . Feeling low right now
If there's be an internet and an SR It would have taken me 15 years to get a lasting day one.

I doubt very much anyone is bored frustrated or annoyed with you. We all get it

It often helps to add some more things to what you've been doing for you r recovery - do you have any ideas?

Originally Posted by 3trees View Post
So, after coming here for 5 days, I see that I have a red dot underneath my name. i am not sure why. Can anyone explain what that means?
it means you're online but using invisible mode

Welcome aboard angeloflight rmeatgt350 tiwi Owl79 startingoverNW Loveisallweneed asixstringnut and schizodoc

apologies to anyone I've missed
D
Old 04-07-2018, 09:02 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee74!
Old 04-08-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

still here day 14 x

strawberry look at how long i have been here and i have plenty day ones, noone ever here has said anything about being annoyed or anything, only thing that has been said is as long as u keep trying, when u stop then u have lost. i keep fighting it and so can u hun xx

have a good sunday all xx
Old 04-08-2018, 01:39 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Day 1

I know today will be awful. I know tonight I will sweat, have insomnia, shake and feel anxious.

I know I’ll feel ashamed as I walk my dog today realising I have so much ahead of me. How stupid and weak I’ve been. And how worthless I currently feel.

But I also know that it can and does get better if you work at it every day to build the life that you dream of. I had a short spell of sobriety a while back and I was learning to love life again and almost like myself a little bit too. So I need to get back there.

April 8th 2002 I gave up cigaretttes forever.

April 8th 2018 I gave up booze forever.

I used to finish my posts saying “I will not drink today”. I’m not writing that again.

I will not drink ever again.

JT
Old 04-08-2018, 01:55 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Day 1 here, too. And I so want it to be my last ever day 1.

I, too, believe that working for sobriety is the key, actions, not wishful thinking or counting the days will take me there. Evenings are the worst for me (I know I'm not alone with this!), so I need to find something to do after 5 pm. Today is easy - I'm so knackered I'll probably just go to bed with a book early...
Old 04-08-2018, 02:02 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome LaceMaker

D
Old 04-08-2018, 02:07 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Day 27 for me! Really surprised I've got this far this time but I'm really happy and positive about sobriety this time around

I'm finding that I'm getting into a routine re- sleep. Once 10pm hits, I'm looking to get wrapped up for the evening. When I was drinking- absolutely no chance of that! At 10pm, I was probably contemplating getting more alcohol in before the store closed!
Anyways, hope everyone has a good sober day:-)
Old 04-08-2018, 02:16 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Good on you, Zombie! Finding that sleep routine is one of my primary aims. During my previous attempts at getting sober, I usually found my "sleep button" at the end of my 8th day or so, but it takes very little to lose it. If anybody has any tips on how to get through the angry fatigue after a really difficult day at work, I'm all ears! (I have a stressful, demanding job - can't change it unfortunately, it's not as if I could just walk into another one.)
Old 04-08-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thanks Lacemaker :-)
My sleep has been a bit mad since I was a kid. But I've noticed I'm no longer trying to stay up later, even at the weekend when I'm not in work. It's good though even just to feel naturally tired instead of just blacking out!
My drinking was always post work. In the past few weeks, if I've felt that urge then I've gone and got myself something quick to eat and gone for a walk.last week a family issue really had me pissed off and it did continue for a few days. I just wrote stuff down, went out for a walk, ate, anything but drink. Drinking would have made it 10times worse!
Old 04-08-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hey y’all
Hoping to hear from some of you!!!!
Hopefully everyone is okay I got some back reading to do
Hey just tony
Finally day 3 I think my head is back on track at the moment
Wishing you the best y’all
Old 04-08-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Day 7 today! And woke feeling a little down, this suprised me as I was feeling so positive yesterday! Maybe it’s because I didn’t sleep great, or maybe it because I know it’s a hard road ahead! Either way I need to try get that positivity back! I hope you all have a great Sunday and stay strong! “Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a beautiful butterfly” x
Old 04-08-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you into a regular sleep pattern Zombie

congrats loveisallyouneed and Nichole

D