Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 12

Old 10-02-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Do something about your gun laws America, this is insane. Charlton Heston was an idiot.

And now Tom Petty has died and I'm going out for a walk.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Terrible news about Tom Petty.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Woah! Plenny you sound like a proper professional chef. You make all foods sound absolutely delicious. You should write a recipe book -I'd buy it for sure. And Steely, stop leaping around in the middle of the night! You've got a fractured vertebra!!! Get out of bed slowly to go look at the blender. You guys are so awesome.

All good with me. Hit my 11 month milestone today which affected me more than I thought it would. At 6.30am on the second day of each month when I celebrate another month of sobriety I stand in my kitchen and whilst I'm waiting for the kettle to boil, I do a little moon walk to celebrate. This morning I was doing my moon walk when suddenly it hit me. I'm doing it, I'm really doing it. I'm becoming a non drinker. I'm building up a sober history. I'm staying sober because I want to be sober more than I want to drink. It's happening and I never thought it would happen to me. I'm just a boofhead who does moon walks to celebrate stuff but maybe there's more to me. Maybe I'm not worthless after all. So yeah, today's moon walk was more poignant than all the others. I can't wait for next month's!!! That moon walk is gonna be out of this world.

Hope everyone is doing ok. I keep watching the news and can not believe what happened in Vegas. What's going on in the world? Stay strong nobenders, love to all of you xx (and Dee)
Old 10-02-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

He's alive! Something good happened. .....he didn't back down. I am so happy.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

You are awesome moonwalkin' kenton. Eleven months, how legendary and yes, you/we ARE doing it kenton wanting to be sober more than drink and no longer feeling like we are worthless pieces of shite. Talking for myself there but bet you can relate. Sounds so.

I'd buy Plenny's recipe book too. I think I'm lousy at everything but Plenny makes things look simple AND scrumptious, healthy, affordable.

There IS so much more to you kenton, so much more to all of us, something went wrong and I dunno what.....can't but think childhood, environment with a few genes chucked in, and I hate sounding like a pop psychologist.

Boofheads rock, sober history building boofheads rock hard and we're rocking all over the moon. Tricky little craters didn't get us! Always mindful

Yay, Tom Petty's alive.

Love you kenton, love you all. xxx
Old 10-02-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

My blender rocks.

My blender moon walks.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Oh Steely! Your moon walking blender just made me laugh so hard, I scared the sleeping dog who started barking so loud he woke my husband who shot out of bed thinking there was an intruder in the house! Your moon walking blender has caused ripples on the other side of the planet, Steely. There's magic in this thread. Night night xxx
Old 10-02-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Terrible news on a few fronts but I hope everyone had or is having a good day.

D
Old 10-02-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

There IS magic kenton we just had to work out the right formula.

And yes, most terrible news Dee, most terrible. Why such weaponry? Got me beat? Peace.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:33 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

It's all too depressing.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

I try to focus on the good things in the world - they're still around

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...a6684eecd77651

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...e18a7a53db69f3

D
Old 10-02-2017, 09:51 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I'm only remembering him and it IS depressing. I'll recover.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries Steely - feel how ever you want - just sharing

D
Old 10-02-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Always do
Old 10-03-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're feeling sad Steely. Go with the feelings and they'll change when the time is right. That's the good thing about feelings. They never last. I hope everyone is having or has had a good day. It's a lovely sunny, crisp Autumn day in London. My daughter is recovering really well and all is good. I'm noticing something about my mind. When I start worrying about some hypothetical situation that might never happen I follow the steps of the worry tree, let the worry go and think about something else. The problem is, I try to think about something nice but my mind immediately tries to focus upon another worry. It's almost like I worry about not having having to worry about! I follow the steps of the worry tree again and let the latest worry go and think about something else..... and so on and so on. I feel like I'm in a forest of worry trees.... I can't see the wood for the worry trees! I'm glad I noticed this about myself. ... This need to worry. And I'm confident I can change this quirk in my thinking because it does me no good whatsoever. The soundtrack to my life does not need to consist of constant worry. I'm going to change the soundtrack. Start listening to something else.

That's all from me for now. Love to everyone xxxx
Old 10-03-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day Kenton - sleep well Steely

D
Old 10-03-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks kenton. Yes, the feelings will pass and are, just don't want/can't deny the legitimate feelings/emotions of sadness at the loss of a musician I grew up with and really admired.

At the same time I am aware of the goodness in the world. Yoe!

I'm changing that soundtrack too kenton.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I am not proud of my country and I haven't been for a very long time.
Can someone intervene here? Seriously can an outside entity please come over here and just put us in a time out and just tell us to stop everything please for a while until we get our wits about us? I feel more and more like an outsider every month.

I am very grateful for my professional cooking background. However, in the two years since I've stopped cooking for pay, I've relaxed a lot and found great ways to feed myself and my loved ones well for cheap. It is a challenge and a great gift I can give to myself and to them.

Lately I have been thinking about the next phase of my life a lot. I don't feel ready just yet and we are trying to take baby steps, but R and I talk a lot about the future. First of all, moving in together. In about 9 months. By then our relationship will be just over two years old and we have decided that's a good time to try and see if we can coexist. R wants children and a marriage and family and all that. I know we are not ready for all that. We are still growing up ourselves and have major work to do. Plus we are dirt poor. Plus I am more keen on adopting and that won't happen until we are stable enough and pass all the tests etc. I would love to give a child a home. I was taken into many homes growing up and R and I are both from somewhat broken families, and his stepfather who raised him was adopted. We have so many genetic issues I really would hate to pass those on to a child. And I'd be very very pleased to adopt a 4-6 year old who needed a family and skip the cute baby years all together. Absolutely. It's scary and exciting to think about though. I could see myself as a parent in my forties. I just am having trouble feeling willing to go through a pregnancy and the terrible healthcare and the costs of having and rearing a baby. I can provide a loving and understanding and nourishing home to someone else's biological child though.

Ok enough musing about hypothetical stuff. I guess I gotta get back to work on this painting.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

And thanks for listening to me rant about food! I get so excited when I figure out something new I want to share it with people and I hope they'll try it too! I feel like the past couple of generations has been duped into thinking that cooking is hard, exclusive, or even impossible to do affordably. Not true! I want everyone to know!
Old 10-03-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I am a boofhead and a boxhead!

sorry guys I seem to be in a pretty deep depression and am leaning toward unfunctioning. I'm not drinking though. I'm just at my wits end... I don't know what to do (but don't worry, I'm not suicidle or anything).

I went to the John Prine concert (you would like most of his stuff Steely), and I reconnected with an old sober pal ... she isn't like my favorite person, but I like her ok.

I just am not doing the house stuff. I sit in a chair and watch TV or read a book or do puzzles. I do the dishes when their are none left and need to do laundry as there are no clean clothes that fit left...

I only go to meetings if I feel I have to and SR has been beyond my ability to communicate with.

I am selfish and selfcentered to the extreme right now... I don't seem to care about others. I'm sleeping 11 hours at night and taking a couple of one hour naps during the day. And I'm still tired and ready to sleep all the time. They put a diagnosis on my Dr chart... I can't remember how to spell it... I looked it up. It basically means you are sleepy all the time and excessively sleep with no physically diagnosable reason .... code for your just lazy its all in your head.

I read all the thread since I last posted, and I want to participate ... I had thoughts as I read each post ... but it is just too much effort to respond.

I know you will all stand by me and I know I will get through this. It just sucks being me right now. Forgive my negative and self centered post ... it's really all I can manage right now.

I will be grocery shoping with chris in a bit. I have to go with him twice a week as our bank card won't work at the store that we use (the others are more expensive) so I have to go along to write a check. I read a book while he shops and then we meet up for me to pay. If I try to shop with him, it takes about twice as long because I get so out of breath and tired...

I think I'm a hypochondriac.....