Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 12

Old 10-03-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

PS - yeah ... I've been ashamed to be American for a while now.... It brings home to me that individuals living within a society can be wonderful human beings, yet bear the tarnish of the tyranny of those in power...

The sad thing is, as bad as the gun problem is, we have a lot of problems right now that are even worse!

I am learning that what I can do I will do, and there is not a whole lot of that. I try to remember to create a good world around me as that is the main thing I can do ... and hope to touch others.

Of course I'm doing a shite job of that right now as I am just a lump taking up space ....

Good to see you all this afternoon!

Old 10-03-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober, but taking a break until things clear.

Badge
Old 10-03-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Im still here too badge but can't talk 'cause I can't stop crying and reckon I'm deeply depressed too Nands.

Not solely about the loss of Tom Petty or the terror in Las Vegas, just depressed. Big time. Maybe something to do with quitting smoking, idk but I think it's more than that, dirty dishes for me too.

I read your post Plenny and think you are great. I'll be back.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Ok everybody! I might be on an upswing here but last week I was in a serious all day every day sobfest. Just emptying myself sobbing on the floor on my yoga mat instead of doing yoga. It's ok I hope you all know that. It's ok to purge those feelings and feel like lumps and blobs and self centered. You need to recharge and reflect and feel things for real without running away from them. It's good. The ugly part of living is not exclusive to any one type of person. We are fortunate to feel it and admit it and it is WAY more efficient than slapping a smile on and some makeup or something and pretending.

Thank goodness for books and television and cookies and macaroni and cheese or whatever does it for you.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

So sorry you're feeling depressed Steely and Nands. Wish I had some magic words to type that would make you both feel better. All I can say is that I love you both and I'm thinking of you and sending loads of love right to where you both are.

Badge, look forward to hearing from you after you've had a break. Hope you're okay xx

Plenny, sounds like you and R are making good plans for the future. It sounds really exciting. You've got loads to look forward to.

How's everything going Poppy and Kev? I hope all is good. I'm off to bed but before that I need to creep around the house as 2 of the kids lost teeth today so the tooth fairy needs to find the miniscule teeth under the pillows, leave coins and reply to the letters left for the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy has a lot to do in this house tonight so she better get busy. Love to everyone xxxx
Old 10-03-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Salted caramel ice cream. That's what does it for me. When I'm feeling really 'aarggghhhhh' I think to myself, 'you can have some salted caramel ice cream later and watch something new on Netflix'. On really bad days I think, 'you can have 2 scoops of salted caramel ice cream later and watch The Real Housewives'. There's something about watching those real housewives with all their money and mansions and designer clothes arguing about the most ridiculous things that kind of warms my soul.

Plenny, you said it perfectly - it's so important to feel things for real and not run away from them. Life is messy and painful in between times of sheer awesomeness. Even the sheer awesomeness is usually speckled with moments of frustration and irritation. Being human means accepting that sometimes we just need to roll with the punches and keep going until the next good day. We're so lucky that we have this place to be real.

Bloody tooth fairy is useless tonight. She still hasn't done any of the stuff she needs to do. See, it's not just humans that cry and mess up and feel overwhelmed. Tooth fairies have off days too xxxx
Old 10-03-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Can the Tooth Fairy call in sick????
Old 10-03-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I haven't read anyone's posts yet, just scrolled through.

It probably sounds contradictory to see me on the one hand making lots of these with next day making It's what I do well. Laugh through the shite. Not to say that my blender does not moon walk kenton.

I feel compelled Dee to say that it is really not good medicine to say to someone who states they are really depressed that youtry to look on the bright side. Jeez. Empathy.

There is an imputation that I/the person am not quite doing it properly, and maybe I should just pull my socks up, and put "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" on the CD player. Any readings on depression will tell you same, unless written in the 1950's....and even then.....

Anyrate I'm taking a break for a while I need to speak with my psychiatrist. I will be back but just not now.

I do love and care for for you all, but I am truly not well.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not having the best week either - I hope we feel better soon Steely.

D
Old 10-03-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been sleeping a lot more than usual Nands - and then napping...I dunno about you, for me it's pretty much a red flag that I'm depressed.

I hope a little med tweaking will fix things for me.

You'll be impressed to learn I like John Prine now LOL

D
Old 10-03-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Badger, Kenton and Plenny - I hope you're all doing well

Good luck with the painting Plenny, and with the tooth fairy duties Kenton.

Badgerden - if you have anything you want to talk about just let 'er rip.

I'm not so depressed that I'm not interested in other peoples journeys

D
Old 10-03-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! Things are going well. Although I overstarched my dinner. No problem at least I am not drunk. That's what I say to everything now.

Good luck Steely I'm glad you're reaching out. I wish I had a psychiatrist.

Let's all get some rest. I know I need it too, I'm so exhausted today. Maybe more vitamins
Old 10-03-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

rest well Plenny

D
Old 10-03-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Thank you I hope your week improves Dee. Everyone's been having a rough time. Be good to yourself -- that goes for all of us!
Old 10-03-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Ok this is where I come to air any nonsense on my mind. To organize my thoughts. It's better than Facebook for me, I really can't stand much of what is whirling around out there right now... Plus I feel the need to check in as my sober brain unfolds. No one on Facebook wants to hear my daily struggles and achievements with sobriety. Of course, I hope y'all know I wouldn't be offended if you didn't want to read what I have to say here, I bet everyone can only take so much of someone else's musing and organizing. I just have to say it all anyway.

I've had a weird past few days off of work. I seem to really like to hole up in my house and reject almost all social interaction. It's a treat for me. Sometimes I'm doing nothing. Sometimes I'm just staring out the window, or I'm in here, or I'm suddenly writing in my journal, or working on this damn painting. Or crying uncontrollably. Or cooking. It's quite indulgent. I am trying to really soak up this time to be authentically alone, as I had once thought I'd never have my independence again. My divorce was really just my second (ok third) chance at life. I'm grateful for this opportunity to indulge in alone-ness.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Thanks Plenny!

I think hearing people talk through the journey is extremely uplifting and inspiring (even when things get tough). I think it reminds me that although our steps and paths may be different, at the core we are on the same path!

I'm feeling a bit better (holding on to that feeling by a thread). I've decided to call the Dr. tomorrow. She did increase one med and perhaps it was too much.

OK --- I'm posting 2 versions of John Prine's song. The first one is him singing it this year. When he played it for us he introed it with ... This is an but has a new recipient ... to our furor! I looked up furor and it is funny cause in German it means leader and in English it means : : commotion · uproar · outcry · fuss · upset · brouhaha · foofaraw · palaver · pother · tempest · agitation · pandemonium · disturbance · hubbub · rumpus · tumult · turmoil (I think both apply!)

The second version is from when he put it out in about 1972. It shows his voice off better.

Oh - and in the modern one ... the kid who does the little solo part toward the ends is friggin awesome! He was with him at the concert I went to as well.

Version I (from 9/10/16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKtMqqFUC-U

Version II (from around 1972)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgRV...=RDDgRVNjsuycQ

Enjoy!
Old 10-03-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Someday I will check out this John Prine, I promise. This is going to sound very weird but I've been having weird musical triggers lately and have been only listening to audiobooks and podcasts for a while... the talking calms me down. Don't worry music will still be a part of my life.

Can't stop snacking tonight!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

And in my selfish haste I only just scrolled through previous posts. Seems many of us are feeling lowly and depleted makes me sad. Wish I could lift your spirits.
Why can't people just be human, decent, considerate, courteous, try to place oneself in another's shoes. What has this world come to?
I know there a good people out there, everyone here at the Nobenders club is awesome. We should rule the world. F money, greed and power. We need compassion and understanding. Helping people after a massacre or terrorist attack is wonderful but why the hell are these events even occurring? Greed, power and money! Take out the top 1% richest and I guarantee the world would settle down with wars and attacks. Collateral damage.
Wow, I sound like someone who advocates violence to beget violence. But I would like my theory tested. Won't though, with money comes power and greed and they ain't letting that slip through their greasy hands anytime soon.
Sorry again, just needed to unload.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

If I can't be honest on this site then I'm done. Post removed because I was too politically motivated in a previous post apparently! Unfortunately world events affect my well being and sobriety on a massive scale.
Edit words I may have used inappropriately but to completely delete my entire post just adds to my deflation. Thanks Dee. You need to do what you do and I am signing out.
Take care nobenders. Will miss you xx
Old 10-04-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you change your mind.

D