Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 3

Old 09-06-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Morning and quick check in. Great work everyone, we are doing this!
Old 09-06-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I had a good meeting with my sponsor this morning nad I will start working the steps, feels really good to take some more serious action

Soon I will join another fellow local AA guy for a meeting in the big city, looking forward to that
Old 09-06-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hello class....another live show survived while sober!

It was a lot of fun [Green Day in Tampa last night] ~ I think I may have burned a couple calories from dancing for 2 hours On three occasions Billie Joe brought someone from the crowd to the stage to perform with the band....two got to sing along w/ the songs and then stage dive back into the pit; the third was a 10 year old who got to play guitar ~ then they let him keep it! It was great....I think "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" affected me the most ~ it sent chills throughout my body.....I never realized how much I relate to that song! And I never would've remembered this much if I had been drinking. My throat is still sore LOL

Hope everyone is doing well

Keeping an eye on Hurricane Irma....I'm on the west coast of FL so hopefully we won't get hit too hard....fingers crossed!
Old 09-06-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Evening all, just checking in before bed and reading your updates made me smile. Everyone seems to be doing great 😊

Purps, glad you had an amazing time and you remember everything about it. Boulevard of broken dreams is a great song, well done on another sober concert!

Well done to you too Tyger, I'm so glad you are finding AA to be such a support.

We are dong this Determined, and I'm glad to have you guys here on this journey.

Tea, hope your trip is going well, nice to see you check in.

I'm off to bed, had a busy day but a good one and looking forward to another sober Thursday. Goodnight everyone, you guys are awesome.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:47 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Nearly at the end of the trip.
It has been made easier by the fact that a few of us aren't drinking.
A strange one though was a friend not wanting to go to dinner with the non-drinkers. It made no difference but was a little strange.
One thing I do find difficult on trips like this is not being in control of what I can drink, as I am reliant on what is available in shops and I don't like really sweet drinks.

Purps, that concert sounds amazing - it has definitely been a while since I've been to a gig without any alcohol at all being involved. I t will happen at some point and will, I think, be an interesting experience.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Oh dear, I'm back to day one. I had a bottle of wine on Tuesday night and then two bottles last night meaning I couldn't drive this morning so I've had to take leave from work - old habits die hard. At least I've seen sense after only two days of damage.

Looking at why I bought the wine, I think I was fed up with having a pulled back muscle and just felt sorry for myself. Need a better plan

I'm not giving up though and am getting straight back on the horse!
Old 09-07-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

God morning gang! Great idea on workin the steps tiger, will certainly add strength.
Rock on purps! What an awesome show, that is so cool they did that for a little kid! Sober shows are much better indeed, just get past the pre show carvings and it is so worth it!!

Sounds like you are tracking right along lily, high five to you!

Tea or coffee, that is odd about someone not wanting the non drinkers at dinner. Boy, when you think about it though, we know where that person likely is in their relationship with alcohol to say that. Well done on staying strong my friend!

Bluebird, just a slip, does not have to be a slide. Glad you posted and got right back up. Tweak the plan and whatever triggered you this time won't get you again.

Sorry if I missed anyone, got to run. Have an awesome day today team!
Old 09-07-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

SoberTyger: Sounds like the concert was a blast- my favorite is really old Green Day, Kerplunk! is the best album!

Teaorcoffee: are your favorite drinks "tea and coffee" ? hehe sorry I had to! I get you on the super sugary drinks though- I can't stomach them either! I'm pretty well hooked on sparkling water as a "go to" in convenience stores!

Bluebird: Good job of keeping yourself accountable and getting right back on that horse (is that a sober expression? well it is now!)

I am on Day 27 and feeling good! It feels like a bit of a fake sobriety because I'm pregnant, but I have to keep reminding myself that even pregnancy is not a deterrent for a lot of people. In my last pregnancy, I drank 1 glass of wine on occasion, but now I've committed to full sobriety during and after pregnancy. I guess it's just a nice help that the baby is giving me a nice kick-start in the right direction!

Our family and a lot of friends don't know yet, so I'm still dealing with having to give "excuses" for why I'm not drinking- which is slightly annoying! I get frustrated sometimes at how MUCH people drink!!! I totally understand why I had a problem for so long...our culture is just totally booze-soaked and it's really discouraging sometimes.

Ah well. Gotta be grateful that I finally woke up to it and have to stop worrying about what the rest of the world is doing and focus on what is good for me!!!!

Happy Thursday guys!
Old 09-07-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hi! Been without internet acces a while after switched computers at work. But I'm here aaaand sober! So happy to read all of your posts after a week =)

Have a great day y'all!
Old 09-07-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Got given an expensive bottle of red wine by a grateful student today.

Accepted it with thanks.

Returned to my office.

Gave wine to a colleague.

Went home.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Evening all. Tea, I'm glad your trip is going well, dechemist is right about that person, their problem, not yours.

Blue, glad your slip is not turning into a spectacular landslide like mine have been in the past, well done for getting back on board so quickly.

Blonde, there is nothing fake about your sobriety, congrats on your pregnancy and enjoy every second of it!

Pineapple it's great to see you, glad your internet is sorted.

Dechemist, good on you for giving away the wine, great choice!

I am off tomorrow and up and away early to babysit my wee darling while my daughter goes to the dentist. 1st week of September done, I like where this is going 👍

Have a great evening/day/night everyone, take care
Old 09-07-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi everyone ~ preparing for Irma the best I can; hoping it stays to the east so the weather doesn't get too crappy.....my AV was already whispering in my ear earlier....especially if we lose electricity and I wouldn't be able to check in with you guys. Anyway, Mom evacuated her home & is at my sister's....I brought the cat here to stay w/ me....the storm is supposed to hit this weekend.....it's just a matter of where!

Hope everyone is doing okay!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:24 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Happy Friday guys! This week was really quick, time to get the plan together for the weekend. Mostly kid sports here, perhaps with a few house projects. Really enjoying the change to cooler weather!

Hope everyone is feeling strong and ready to have another regret free weekend!
Old 09-08-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Happy friday.
2 weeks ago was the last day i was drunk - hopefully for the rest of my life
Having a quit day here, it's raining a lot outside.
Been studing the Big Book of aa to prepare for my meeting with my sponsor tomorrow, apart from that i am just relaxing and playing a bit of games on my PC. Hope you are all heading into a nice sober weekend!
Old 09-08-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Back home from my trip. Tired, but good and sober.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. Had a brilliant day off today, went to my favourite tapas place for lunch and then a walk in the park to lose some of the calories! My wee grandson was great fun today, love him so much! ❤️

Purps, I hope you stay safe from Irma, keep us posted. Tyger, well done on your two weeks, great job!

Glad your work trip went well tea. And determined, I agree this week has flown by! I am working Saturday and Sunday which is a great weekend distraction, hope everyone is having a good Friday. Stay strong and stay safe this weekend!
Old 09-08-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great sober weekend gang

D
Old 09-08-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Putting plan B into effect....forecast keeps shifting the storm in this direction & I'm right near the bay, so tomorrow after work I'll be heading inland. A coworker was nice enough to open up their house to anyone who needs a place + our pet. Won't be working Sunday/Monday so it's waking up my AV a little...just throwing it out there; hopefully telling on myself early on will help.

Thanks everyone for being here! I'll keep checking in as long as the power is on.....Stay safe everyone!
Old 09-08-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Stay safe purps, this one sounds scary, but you can do this and come out the other side sober.

No real plans for this weekend, just rest and relaxation
Old 09-09-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Morning all. Purps, you may need your wits about you so tell the AV to bugger off! Stay safe!

I'm off to work, have a great Saturday all.