Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 3

Old 09-10-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone! I'm feeling a bit off because I didn't make it to any meetings this weekend. I'm not sure why. I also put myself in a precarious position by going to an event with my friends who all drink. I didn't feel overly tempted but I do miss being able to take the edge off in social situations.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Morning all, just having my coffee and dashing off to work. Forwards, you hang on, you have come so far.

Everyone, have a great Monday, nothing beats a hangover free Monday morning!
Old 09-10-2017, 10:50 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Didn't sleep well and seem to be harbouring a cold, but life is not too bad.

Leana - you came here and helped your sobriety and remained sober all weekend - that's a win.
It sounds like you should try and find a meeting today if you can, but if not come here again and talk to us about it all, just don't drink.
I know that a couple of weeks ago when I had the continual headache, my thought was, what's the point of all this, but it does go away and get better.
Hang in there.

Off to work now, I always feel more together if I come here before heading to work - thanks peeps.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Leana: we're all here for you and will help support you any way we can. It's safe to talk about your feelings here.

I'm celebrating one month today! I am happy about this, but some "friend" drama that went down on Thursday is weighing heavily on my mind.
Long story short, she attacked an article I posted about the rise in "women and drinking".
She is a big drinker and she took offense to the article, but her and her other friend said some really ignorant things about sobriety and it really upset me!
I ended up deleting them both from FB but it's still on my mind.
I think early sobriety does force you into facing that not everyone is going to stick around/not everyone is meant to be in your tribe.

I'm glad I have you guys to talk to about this. Sometimes it does feel lonely and like no one "gets" me.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats sober blondie

I hope everyone has a great week.

Leana - when you're feeling a bit wobbly is when you need to really go the extra mile. I'm sure you'll notice the difference this week if you hit some meetings and read and post here regularly

D
Old 09-11-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Morning Team! How is everyone doing? It's a quiet, rainy day here in Scotland. I'm off today, feeling happy, sipping coffee and planning to do nothing all day. Everyone needs a lazy day from time to time...

Sober Blondie - I did a little bit of research and found out that dreams like that are indeed very common in early recovery. But yeah, it was a huge relief to realise it wasn't real.
As for my studies, I go to art school, doing communication design. Useless degree, but there is nothing in this world that I love more than illustration
Also congratulations on 31 days!! It's awesome! Don't let some facebook drama ruin your happiness. I'm also trying to stay away from social media. I unfollowed most of my friends on FB because reading their hateful comments made me sad and frustrated.

leanabeana - I'm glad you're here with us Well done on staying sober all weekend. I know it's not easy, but things do get better in time.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I found this thread!

I can't make a meeting today but I do have therapy so that will help. I'm feeling a bit better about things today.

SoberBlondie - I'm sure I would have had a similar reaction if I posted that on FB. It seems like one would understand how defensive they look by protesting sobriety. Sorry you had to go through that. I really don't talk about sobriety outside of the recovery community for this reason other than to say I don't drink when offered. Maybe that's not ideal, but it's my plan for the time being.

The recent studies on women and drinking are very interesting. If I had a $1 for every time I heard a soccer mom ask "is it too early for wine?"
Old 09-11-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Congrats on the month SB, facebook can be problematic at the best of times, best to focus on you, I think.

Glad you are feeling a bit better leana, we're glad you found this thread as well.

Today was hard dur to a lack of sleep, but I got through it and am home.
I always knew about HALT, but today in the supermarket after work, it was the first time for a while that the wine was calling to me - and yes I was hungry and tired, so I got what I needed and left.
I feel much better as a result of that decision.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Lack of sleep is the worst. I'm trying to get off Ambien myself but had to take one last night.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think nearly everyone has some insomnia in the beginning.

It should get better and better tho as time goes on - unless it's something like a pre existing condition?
Old 09-11-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

For me, it's definitely pre-existing and I'm struggling about taking Ambien .

I have a whole thread on it here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-sobriety.html
Old 09-11-2017, 10:14 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning all, just finishing my coffee and heading for the shower. The sun is just coming up here, strange to be getting up while it's still dark. Hope everyone is doing okay, leans hope your sleep issues get better.

I woke up thinking it was Sunday then realised it was Tuesday, panicked a little in my sleepy state thinking I had been drinking and lost time! Thankful to be waking up rested and sober ready to tackle another day with a clear head.

Have a Super Tuesday everyone xx
Old 09-12-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!

Watching to sunrise, having coffee. Off to the gym and then to visit mom who is very ill. Have a fantastic day team!
Old 09-12-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hello sober friends.
Hope your day is awesome!
As I wrote a while ago I wanted to apply for a job at the graveyard in town, as gardener, where my grandparents and many relatives are buried. I just got a call and got invited for a job interview there tomorrow! Wish me luck!
As my sponsor said, this looks almost like destiny - my first AA meeting here was in that very town, and after the meeting I went to pray at my grand mothers grave... then I learned the position as gardener at that graveyard was open, and now I am invited to interview for the job!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I got pretty good sleep last night but it was pill-induced.

Work is busy, but I'm hanging in there. Hope to make a meeting this evening.

Congrats on the job interview SoberTyger. Serendipity!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

determined99 - I hope your mom feels better soon!
Old 09-12-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can find someone to help you with the ambien, as well as the sleep issues leana

D
Old 09-12-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I saw my psychiatrist today and he support tapering me off the Ambien. He just wants me to do it slowly.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Didn't make my meeting after all, but I will definitely go tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Morning all,

More refreshed today after a better sleep last night - I've also managed to say no to something at work which is good. My place has a habit of always asking the usual suspects.
Good luck today Tyger, come back and tell us how it went.
Sorry about your mum determined.
Hey Leana, keep posting if you can't get to your meetings, I find it does help to come here when things get tough.
It's off to work for me - I have an art project on the go, so waiting for some stuff to arrive, exciting.