Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 3

Old 08-31-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hello class!

I'm really excited about the show I'm going to tomorrow ~ it's the same band I went to see when I slipped earlier this month.....I don't want that to happen again! I'm scheduled to work early Saturday so that helps. Just need to stay close and keep my guard up ~ we know how sneaky the AV can be!

LET'S GO TEAM AUGUST!
Enjoy the show! Keep away from the drink and have a great concert!
Old 08-31-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Congrats Lunar! Make it a great day! :-)
Old 08-31-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Evening on day 5 here, having a coffee after eating a huge meal. I'm glad my appetite is back with full force, even before i relapsed i didn't eat properly for weeks. I still look like a skeleton but it's certainly good to eat.
I'm planning a sobering drunk's night out for tomorrow, going to town to attend 2 AA meetings and probably treating myself to a nice dinner in the break inbetween, and visit the grave of my grandparents which is in the same town.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Welcome Mitos!
Tyger, it was such a relief when my appetite returned. I had gone so long barely able to eat that I found I had so much more energy when I was able to eat normally again. Your plans for tomorrow evening sound great.

Congrats class, we graduated
Old 08-31-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Another busy day counted off. Went for dinner afterwards and while others had a beer, a couple of us just had a soft drink and no-one said anything.

I have a work trip next week, which may require more planning, but also have a space to get away to if I need downtime.

Welcome Mitos, I reckon you are member number 100 of the class of august 2017.
I'd send you a prize if I were any good at emoji's. Seriously though, the peeps here are a fabulous support, so you are in a good place.

Thomas - I loved your post. So true, I think part of the problem for a lot of us is just accepting ourselves.

I am exhausted, so will sign off for tonight. Excited to wake up sober in September.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Congrats on all your wonderful milestones. Keep going and best of luck for the coming months.

If your struggling please keep coming here and whatever happens please don't give up giving up.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I'm so happy to be moving into September sober!
Old 08-31-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hi August Classmates,
Day 24 today and it's September tomorrow, feel like we're moving on up to big school woohoo,here we come, get ready for The Augusteers. So glad to be part of this class. Experiencing the highs & lows it's an absolute privelige to share it all with you.

I was at a meeting I really have come to like this evening and I was talking with my friend afterwards that I'd had a bit of a day spent on too much thinking - she said " Don't spend too much time alone in your head unless you have an adult present" I loved that, so true for me, I'll keep it in mind next time I overthink myself. Anyway enough waffle from me, thinking of you all and hoping you've had good days & if not hopes for a better day tomorrow. Goodnight/Good Morning. See you in our new home soon. Thank you Dee.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the show Purps - remember musos dig sober chicks

D
Old 08-31-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I'm on day 9 today. Congratulations guys and girls we have graduated!!! I'm a little stressed. My car overheated on the way back from AA and I just made it home last night. I'm filling it with water and it is dribbling out on the floor. Looks like it is undriveable. The shops are a 20 minute walk away up a steep hill. Looks like I will be getting fit. Aargh! A friend is picking me up for AA tonight. One thing to be thankful for. I got my most sober time up without a car as I couldn't drive to the pub. Maybe it's the gods helping me. Doesn't feel like it though. I can barely this K straight!!
Old 08-31-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Oh, man, Sweetichick that sucks! Glad you are safe, though.....and kudos for being mindful! Hope you can get your car up & running again soon....
Old 08-31-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about the car Sweetichick - but I'm glad you're working around it and staying sober

D
Old 08-31-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Thanks Purplrks and Dee. I don't know what I am going to do yet.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:17 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good night everyone! See you in September!!!
Old 08-31-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Sorry to hear about your car sweetichick. Car issues are no fun, good job staying sober through it.

I hope you enjoy your show Purplrks

Thanks everyone for letting me be a part of this class. I have enjoyed reading all of your posts I drank today, and will be moving to the September class. I can tell you about the awful day at work, and everything else that makes me feel like I deserve to drink, and that is part of my problem, feeling like I deserve a drink. I keep trying to tell myself I deserve NOT to drink, but it isn't quite sticking. I'm not giving up though, and I wish you all the best
Old 08-31-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Can I sneak in here at the wire?

Been lurking for the last couple of days. I'm on day 4 of no drinking and I've decided that I'd like to make a serious commitment to not drinking. Have gotten to the point where if I have a drink I can't stop. Glad to join you if you will take me!
Old 08-31-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Good morning all and welcome to September!

You are very welcome Tahoerunner, we so get how you feel here. We've all been there.

Emme - you know you are always welcome here. Personally I'd stick in both classes and see which worked best for me.

Sweetpeacan, sorry about your car, but thank you for your humour. I woke up feeling a bit grumpy and tired and generally "not feeling it" and then saw this from you

Day 24 today and it's September tomorrow, feel like we're moving on up to big school woohoo,here we come, get ready for The Augusteers.

Thank you for brightening my day
Old 08-31-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good morning all and welcome to September! This means there are newbies newer than us even ! Hope everyone is ready to take another month by the horns. I have a party to go to after work tonight, I can't not go as it's one of my best friends retirement. My plans are firmly in place. I am taking the car and although I am driving some people there I have made it clear that once they are there they are on their own so that I can go when I choose.

Even at my worst I was never tempted to drink and drive, not even one drink and here in Scotland one drink is enough to put you over the limit.

Anyway hope everyone is feeling good and ready to rock September! Have a great 1st
Old 09-01-2017, 12:14 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're very welcome TahoeRunner - join us please

D
Old 09-01-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Happy September classmates!!
It's Day 21 here.
Had a really nice dinner with in-laws last night. Wine and beer were being served, and I declined the alcoholic drinks.

Since they know me as a heavy drinker, I felt I needed some sort of additional explanation so I just told them that I quit smoking (I did at the same time) and not drinking helps me stick to healthier habits overall.
I'm sure they are already suspecting that I'm pregnant (which I am, but also planning on staying sober after baboo is here!! )

Once the pregnancy is announced officially I will be able to enjoy the "no question zone" where people actually leave you be because you have a "reason" not to drink.
Not sure why the social aspect is the hardest for me to manage; but it's never too late to reinvent yourself, right?!