http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-two-20.html

D
Old 08-24-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay! Thanks Dee!
Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Meow

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have (or had) a great day!

I finally had a decent night's sleep. Looking forward to a nice and sober day.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I guess i be the one to start this one off.

Not good news

I am back to day 2 after having a drink on tuesday night while my husband was at an audition, just say things ended up very badly indeed. I dont have any memory of what i did, but he told me that he found me in the dark holding onto my head as it looks like i must of tripped and hurt myself and was moaning or something. then not properly sure but he said he shouted at me and i slapped him on the cheek supposibly not hard but with him telling me that the next morning and i have no recollection of doing any of it. So i guess i have even went to next level down worse than i have ever been and i am not proud of myself and worried that my marriage could possible after 20 yrs be near the end. so i am on shaky ground just now and i either learn or its over.

sry for starting of a depressing post x
Old 08-24-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post

Not good news

I am back to day 2 after having a drink on tuesday night while my husband was at an audition, just say things ended up very badly indeed. I dont have any memory of what i did, but he told me that he found me in the dark holding onto my head as it looks like i must of tripped and hurt myself and was moaning or something. then not properly sure but he said he shouted at me and i slapped him on the cheek supposibly not hard but with him telling me that the next morning and i have no recollection of doing any of it. So i guess i have even went to next level down worse than i have ever been and i am not proud of myself and worried that my marriage could possible after 20 yrs be near the end. so i am on shaky ground just now and i either learn or its over.

What caused you to take a drink?
Old 08-24-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

stupidity x was what caused it
Old 08-24-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post

Not good news

(( HUGS )) Erratic. Stay calm and pick yourself up to start again. Do you have a plan?
Old 08-24-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm off to run some errands. Have a great day!

(((Erratic))) Hang in there. So glad you came right back. We love you unconditionally and have all been where you are. We can't ever give up & need to stick together! We have a disease that is trying to kill us. We are not bad people, we are sick people. We can get better one day at a time. (Or one minute at a time). Be kind to yourself.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm on day 3 and focused on making it to the weekend. I'm going to skip my work from home day today and go into work, since working from home can be kind of a trigger.

(((Erratic))) - I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough time but glad you came and posted about it and are focused on getting back on track - that's the best thing to do at this point!

I hope everyone has a great day - stay strong folks.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good evening all and good night! Checking in from the hotel room fully sober and so happy about it. Thankful for a friend who took a walk with me to keep my AV in control <3

Erratic: I'm so sorry to hear! And so proud of you for checking in and coming back straight away. Now make a plan as to what next and keep coming here - lots of hugs! <3
Old 08-24-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 6, my husband has gone to pub tonight with a mate, normally I would use that as an excuse to get a bottle of wine and zone out.
Not tonight, took dog out for walk, had bath, now having a cup of tea and going to watch something I normally can't watch or remember.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good job within me. You might need to beef up your plan, but there are peeps here that can help you with that.

Today was a good day, still holding onto that headache, but a solid day.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Good job within me. You might need to beef up your plan, but there are peeps here that can help you with that.

Today was a good day, still holding onto that headache, but a solid day.
Thanks teaorcoffee, but what do you mean 'beef up your plan' any help is appreciated.

Glad you had a good day, even though headache, take care x
Old 08-24-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning Augusters. I'm still here, just haven't posted. Today is day 3 after a few on Tuesday but I tipped most of the wine out.
Sorry to hear Erratic that things are rough. Hang in there. At least you are still here and posting.
Well done Kiki you are stronger than ever.
Tea I hope your headache passes..
Here's to staying sober and positive for the rest of August and beyond.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Evening all. Thanks for the new thread Dee. Here we go into the last week of August folks! I am so thankful to have been here for the last few weeks.

Hugs to you erratic, I am sorry you had a drink and it had such a bad outcome for you but onwards my friend, you have given yourself another chance. We are here for you.

I survived my day long meeting, it wasn't that bad really. Glad to be home and off work tomorrow. Goodnight everyone, see you tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee

Hello My Lovely August classmates,

Day 17, It's been a weird day, I've had a strange fearful feeling all day. Nothing I can identify and I felt a bit better when I went to my AA meeting earlier tonight but it's still there..I've a few things going on but I am sure I am dealing with them as well as I can. Anyway It's very weird & horrible , but I am going to guzzle my Chamomile tea & head for zedland it'll pass.

Enough from me peeps. Hope for those of you have not had such a good day that tomorrow is a better one and if you had a good one, that it's every bit as good tomorrow. Goodnight/Good Morning to you all
Old 08-24-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Bedtime reading

Hello everyone

It's so good to see how supportive and friendly this group is

Can anyone recommend some reading (preferably free and online) on the typical journey of emotional states through sobriety? I ask as I've been feeling some sadness today for having wasted big chunks of time to drinking and would like to know what to expect next.

Keep on keeping on!
Old 08-24-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello all

Mind if I hop in to join you all? Its getting near the end if August but dont want to wait till September.
I want to be accountable from right now.
I am Cuckoo, female, 56 years old and soooooo ready for change 😀.
C
Old 08-24-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome, Cuckoo!

Bluebird I found this in the Newcomers Forum.....not sure if you've seen it already but it may be worth a look: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

(((Erratic))) I'm glad you came right back and posted. Maybe you could have a talk with your hubby? Are there any local meetings you could attend? Stay close by and continue to read/post....HUGS!

Hello and hugs to everyone! Already on part 3.....we're movin' right along!
Old 08-24-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 5. I have trouble getting beyond this day, but as of now, I'm in bed, sober, and ready to sleep. Keep at it, everyone. I know this is tough, but it's worth it. I'm feeling better than I have in a while. I'm trying to stay humble and aware, however. Goodnight.