Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 3

Old 09-02-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Happy to report that I made it through the show sober last night....it helped knowing that I had to work today, but still...progress! And the show was awesome!

Next concert is Green Day on Tuesday.....I'm going w/ the same friend I went with last night & I already told her I'm gonna do this one sober too.

Sounds like a pretty good vibe going this weekend! Go Team August!
Old 09-02-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just popped in to say goodnight and well done to all, I have had a quick read and you are awesome. Also awesome was the day I've just had, the highlight of which was spending time with my grandson while his parents were out. We went to the park, I gave him his dinner and he peed on me when I was getting him ready for bed! He thought it was very funny lol. He is just eight months and has a wicked sense of humour already!

So glad to see everyone doing well, off to bed for me. Goodnight all
Old 09-02-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Today started weirdly, as I was so tired at the start, but improved and finished off with a bit of a party, where I didn't feel any urge to drink.

Life is good.

Excellent job purps - I'm a bit jealous about greenday
Old 09-03-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. A quiet Sunday for me, no plans other than some housework and maybe a nice walk if it stays dry. The treads has gone a bit quiet, hope everyone is ok and enjoying a sober weekend. Pumps, well done on the concert, and enjoy green day!
Old 09-03-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Good morning, up again watching sunrise with some great coffee. House guests and spouse are asleep as the wine was flowing last night. Wow, I feel fantastic and clear headed. Still hung out and talked, just stuck to sparkling water. I truly enjoyed it better than being numb and stupid.

Congrats purple! Concerts are a tough one, big trigger for me. I sure bet you actually had.a much better time. Green day will be awesome! I think Billy Joe cleaned up his act too didn't he?

Lily, I agree with you, tumbleweeds are blowing by in this thread. Let's get a rally going with some check ins and see how everyone is doing!

Much love out to you guys. Let's keep on moving.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Afternoon everyone.

I wonder if everyone knows where we went. The end of the month seemed to creep up on us and then we moved location.

Also I have had problems posting - the system kicks me out at random points, so it may take me a load of attempts to post anything - any ideas anyone.
It may be because I am on an incognito page, but I don't want SR coming up in my search history as other people sometimes use my computer.

Today is calm and restful. A bit of cleaning and tidying and some crafts and general lounging around, but feeling quite happy in myself and less tired than yesterday.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Day 29 today. I'm on my day off and still haven't decided if to join my friends for a movie night this evening. I know they will be drinking, but I think I might go, I'm feeling quite strong today, and I've got you guys for support
teaorcoffee - It happens to me, too. The system keeps logging me out randomly and I have to copy everything before posting so I wouldn't lose it. No idea why. I'm not on an incognito page though.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

I've had a trawl and this seems to be happening to a lot of people.
I'm wondering if chrome has a problem with some of the coding that SR uses, so am trying firefox.
The general advice seems to be to erase cookies, but that shouldn't be a problem with private browsing. I will see how firefox works and let you know if there is an improvement. Still copying my posts before sending though.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Sunday evening here, just enjoyed a good dinner with my parents.
Nice sunny weather here, feeling quite calm and peaceful at the moment.
Looking forward to another AA meeting tomorrow, while i try to keep my mind at peace and not overthink everything all the time
Old 09-03-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Good morning class! It seems like this weekend is going pretty well for us. Yay for that!

I've been having a really good weekend this far. On Friday my husband and I went to our ministry meeting that we started attending 3 weeks ago. It's so amazing being in the company of other recovering addicts who focus on God's word. I absolutely love it. Plus, it's a once a week opportunity for my husband and I to spend time together since we always have our kids as our main focus. It's very refreshing. That night once we got home, we stayed up late watching movies and laughing together. It was so great having a clear, sober mind to really enjoy the moment. I loved it.
Yesterday I went and visited my mom and aunt and we just hung out playing Mexican Train (dominoes) and chatted while the kids ran around playing. It was 112 out, so we swam and ate good food. It was a really fun time.

Today is a lazy Sunday. I'm going to watch Godfather for the first time (crazy right?) and then later this evening head to the evening service at church.

Life is good my friends! Sober is great!
Old 09-03-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in to wish everyone a fabulous sober week to come, and congratulations to all those still on the wagon, one way or another.

I actually quit in the early part of July, and hope to make it to 2 months sober in just a few days' time. I ever joined the July class, and after seeing this big and friendly class, I could not help joining!
Old 09-03-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Listened to a bit of music tonight, first time since i put down the drinks... until now any music just seemed like stressful noise to my head, but now I was actually able to enjoy a few songs. I also went out and watched the sun set. Need to just be grateful for the small joys in life
Old 09-03-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Captain, glad to have you aboard.
I quit at the end of July, but joined this class instead as it seemed to make more sense to me.
My big challenge is ahead as I am away on a work trip, which I find difficult (most people tend to drink at the end of the day as we wind down. Sounds like I need a dose of your determination Determined.
I expect I will be dropping in here regularly. I have my plan made, and a big part of it is to come here as I need it.
Packing is done, so it's goodnight from me.
Hope movie night went well Snufkin.
Glad you are doing well Tiger and Jezzi.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. Tea, I had login issues a while back, getting kicked out for no reason etc but it seems to have resolved itself. Hope you have a good trip, which you will with your planning and that determination!

Determined, I love the early morning peace with my coffee these days, good for the soul!

captain, well done on almost two months, fantastic and I am glad you are here with us in the August thread. I joined SR in the last week of July but waited for the new thread to start and I'm glad I did!

Jezzi, Tyger, sounds like you are both in a really good place, I am happy for you.

Snuf, let us know how your movie night goes, hope you enjoy it. I have plans to go and see 'It' when it's out next week, should be good in a terrifying kind of way lol.

It's been a funny day for me, got loads of stuff done that's been put off for ages, cooked a nice meal, but Sundays have always been kind of a meh day for me and a big trigger. I didn't feel cravings or anything but bored maybe. The AV loves boredom but it got nowhere with me today.

So, onwards into the working week for me, I know it's a holiday in America but some of us have to keep the wheels turning! Goodnight everyone, stay safe.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I am home for the evening ~ gotta be up early for work, but that's ok....gonna make it a "Crappy movie Sunday" ~ maybe watch some Mystery Science Theater

Snufkin I think I'm on day 29 too!
Old 09-03-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Afternoon everyone.

I wonder if everyone knows where we went. The end of the month seemed to creep up on us and then we moved location.

Also I have had problems posting - the system kicks me out at random points, so it may take me a load of attempts to post anything - any ideas anyone.
It may be because I am on an incognito page, but I don't want SR coming up in my search history as other people sometimes use my computer.

Today is calm and restful. A bit of cleaning and tidying and some crafts and general lounging around, but feeling quite happy in myself and less tired than yesterday.
I always put a redirect notice in Newcomers Forum so that people can follow that link to where we are now.

The reason we move old monthly threads is the main Newcomers forum was being dominated by past months threads - it was hard for newcomers to be noticed.

We occasionally lose a member or two in the switch but they always seem to find us eventually

As for the log in issues - If I could do something about it I would.

Firefox seems to work for a lot of people - hope it works for you TorC.

D
Old 09-03-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Tea or coffee, I used to really freak about the work thing too. It finally dawned on me that nobody cared really if I drank. I will either say, I'm beat and heading to my room or just grab a bite and if anyone offers I just say, nah I'm good and leave it at that. No excuses or apologies. You will do great my friend.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Morning all,

I think I've got this determined. I just need to want my sobriety more than to hang out with the others. It's a bit of a strange dynamic in that people drink because they're all together and work is paying.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Morning all, what a sleep I had! Feeling much better for it this morning. Tea, we are all with you. If my money was on anyone to do this it would be you. You've got this. Keep posting we will be here.

Rainy Monday morning here, the good news is I don't have to start till later so I have time to see my favourite wee person before work. 😃

Hope everyone has a great day, and happy Labor Day to my friends across the water.Xxx
Old 09-04-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Another sober Monday...today is Day 24 and I am feeling good.

The past week I have been having some dreams about my childhood home.
I know that dream analysts often say that the home represents the self/mind, with the different rooms reflecting different parts of consciousness.

I am often in the basement/workshop area in my childhood home, which makes me think that I have some "cleaning" to do in that area.

Since I started drinking really young (mainly in the aftermath of parents' divorce) I think there might be some unresolved feelings deep inside that I need to uncover and shed light and love on!

Does anyone else find they have extra intensive dreams and lots of moments of clarity in early sobriety? I keep having "a-ha" moments where I realize little patterns and synchronicities...I'm already super interested in all things "new age" so it's a fun process to remove the layers and go deep!!

I am going to start a nightly meditation tonight once the babe is sleeping.

Happy week to all you lovely soberistas and sober sirs