Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 09-01-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 244.
Hi Dee, Ina and NACN
I know we are a smaller group of posters now. I guess it is not the quantity but quality that counts I too hope everyone else in our class is doing well. We wouldn't be this far without them. I know I wouldn't.

This week did go well. If I have learn't anything about myself recently, it is that :
Being on this sober journey allows us time and energy to get physically stronger. When we are physically strong our minds and outlook follow and become strong and more resilient.

The world kind of kicks the crap out of us, and in my case triggering my AV, so it feels good to be gaining strength to match it. If that makes any sense.

Anyway. About to face my last day in the week

Have a healthy, happy and sober Friday.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 244,

Just checking in

I agree, DLB, I feel much stronger and resilient these days. I have to say I love the self-assurance that comes with sobriety. I used to be so scared to voice my opinion and was so uncomfortable in my own skin most of the time. Now I hold my head high and I feel such a weight lifted off of me.

Well, I'm spending my Friday night listening to some Joni Mitchell and I'm gonna bake some cookies I think.

Hope you all have a great night!
Old 09-02-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Day 245.
That is awesome Ina. I am sure those who know you in person are so glad to have the real you present and involved.
This time last year, I am sure we were both very hurt and scared people. I was a total drunk without much hope of anything. Now I can say I am trying to make up for lost time.

Have an awesome, fulfilling and sober Saturday. I hope the cookies worked out well.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 246.
A quick check in as I run out to the gym. Hope my fellow classmates are going well.
Have a happy, sober and rewarding day all.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 247.
Hi classmates. Up early and trying to go for it today.
Have a healthy, sober and happy day.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hello Class!

It is a long holiday weekend here, so we don't go back to school in earnest until tomorrow. We are all off today, enjoying a nice day.
I still have been sooooo tired! Vitamins not seeming to have much of an effect. I will keep with them though, maybe over time...
I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, sober day!
NACN
Old 09-04-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good week everyone

D
Old 09-05-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 248.
Happy Tuesday classmates. slowly drinking coffee and waking up. Setting my plan and attitude for the day. No gym this morning thank God.
Have an awesome happy and sober week all.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 248,

Just checking in There's something so nice and refreshing about the back to school time of year. Feels like a rebirth of sorts. Fresh beginnings. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting out of the funk I was in for awhile. Perhaps because Fall is around the corner

My AV has been nice and quiet lately, but for me, that's also a reminder to stay extra diligent and aware!

Anyways, off to bed.

Hope you all had a great day!
Old 09-06-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 249.
I hope your ( very understandable) funk is lifting a bit Ina. I also love this time of year, but the back-to-school observation is nice. I am more aware of the colors changing and the autumn smells in the air just before the leaves turn.
I do feel I missed this summer in some ways but am appreciative that I got through sober.
I am off to work out. Furiously drinking coffee and trying to work myself into the idea of exercise.

Have a happy, sober and lovely day all.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 250.

I think my previous record was probably around 25 days of sobriety so today feels nice. I am celebrating right now with my first cup of coffee, a hobnob and two krill oil tablets. Gym soon so am psyching myself into it.

congrats on your 250, Ina.
Have a healthy, happy and rewarding day.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to both of you - 250 days is phenomenal

D
Old 09-07-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Congrats DLB and Ina on 250 days!! Amazing! Quite an accomplishment.

Had my first two days of school, One day at each of the two schools at which I teach. Seems like some nice groups of kids. It is good to get back into the swing of things, although between the teaching in the days and rehearsals at night I've been pretty pooped!
Hope you all have a happy, healthy, sober Friday!
NACN
Old 09-07-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 09-08-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 251.
Thanks NACN. I think we are celebrating your 250 tomorrow, no ? I knew you acted at night, and taught, but didn't realize you taught at two schools. For remembering so many names, I guess the acting skills come in handy.
It was so much easier for teachers when they only had to refer to their students as "you boy !" or "you girl !".
That might not work so well now

Thanks Dee for the endless support.

Today is an early start, with some hard stuff later in the day but it has been a good week for me. I do believe this exercise routine helps me manage my stress, which alleviates my fatigue and anxiety. These were the main causes of my AV. For the first time this year , I also look different and more healthy. I hope anyway.

Have a healthy, happy and fun day all.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations NACN

D
Old 09-09-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 252.
Just a quick checkin. Hope everyone is doing well. I will unfortunately miss my gym today as I have to go to work. A super exhausting week but I am sure that is the same for many of us.
I woke up today thinking of all our January classmates, past and present. I hope they pop up in other classes when ready. That is what I did.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Saturday team Jan17
Old 09-10-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 253.
A quick checkin. Hope everyone is doing well.
Have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Yes, yesterday was 250. Feeling good. In tech weekend this weekend, so long rehearsal hours. Still so tired!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, and have a great start to the week!
NACN
Old 09-10-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day 253

Congrats NACN on your 250! Amazing!! Wow, it’s funny how at times the days trudge on by so slowly, but then the weeks fly by.

DLB - I also feel I missed this summer in some ways, but like you, am more happy I made it through sober. Usually during the summer I go to a cabin or camping with friends, but skipped this year as it’s usually just a big booze-fest.

NACN - I also didn’t realize you taught at two separate schools. That must be really busy. Hope tech weekend went well. Not too familiar with the stage, but that’s when all the lighting / stagecraft comes into play as well, right? The “Technical” stuff…hence the name i’m guessing

Well last week I spent a lot of time at my BF’s brother’s condo working on renos. He’s gutting the place and I helped with tiling the floors which was a much bigger undertaking than I realized! It was hard work, but so satisfying to see the end result. It also was very physical, albeit slow, and made me realize how much a bit of exercise helps me sleep! I slept like a baby those 3 nights!

Anyways, off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday! Wishing everyone a happy start to the week