Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 08-11-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 223.
Good morning classmates. No gym this morning. Just coffee and cookies.

One thing I did find time for today is reading some of the posts from the August 17 newcomers threads. It helped remind myself what the day-to-day issues are that we used to have and highlights how far each of us has come.

I feel very lucky and appreciative of you guys. I know there are less of us posting now than we all had hoped for. We all miss many of wonderful classmates we had earlier on, but that does help highlight how hard this journey has been. We really should be proud to still be in this. Still trying to make better lives and turn everything around.

Well, I am going to grab another coffee, do a quick tutorial for some software I am learning and get my head around my work day.

Have a sober, happy and fulfilling day classmates.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 224.
Happy Saturday Januarians.
It is a keep-on keeping-on weekend for me. I got some decent sleep last night so a bit more energy than normal. Trying to fit some constructive study in before the gym.
Hope everyone is doing well
Have a healthy, sober and enjoyable day all.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey January class! I suppose it's about time I should join my class
I started off the New Year sober and went into a 6 week inpatient treatment program on Jan 2. Been sober ever since.

How are you all doing?
Old 08-12-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome Delizadee! Congrats on your sobriety!! It is awesome to have made it so far.

We are a small but mighty group here! Everyone here is so supportive and this group really has helped me get to where I am right now. Hope to hear a lot more from you!

DLB, hope you had a great day with all of that energy! Great to hear!

It's early to bed for me as I am running a 5K with my daughter in the morning. Well, she will be waiting for me at the finish line, so I won't really be "with" her lol!! But it should be fun. I really haven't been running lately, but every day I either walk or do the elliptical machine, so hopefully I am not completely out of shape. Just going for the fun of it!

Have a happy, healthy, sober day Januarians!
NACN
Old 08-12-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks NACN, I should have joined up sooner. But honestly last year I joined so many classes.. I finally gave up until I had some time under me for awhile.
I watched some of my first class from Feb of last year hit their one year milestone, it was really great to see. Our class was SO big and busy for a long time. Small and strong group is a good thing too.
Once I relapsed it was so hard to get traction back under me. I was just a chronic daily relapser. HAHA. for way too long. This is the longest (non-pregnant) stretch I've had in years.

Good luck on the marathon tomorrow, that's awesome! I love running. I have been wanting to do a marathan. I have not the greatest health but am in shape, if that makes sense? I also have exercise induced asthma. Real bummer.

This past year has been crazy, at some point I will read back and catch up to where I can. I should have joined sooner and had a little more faith in myself

Have a great day!
Old 08-13-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 225.
Welcome Delizadee. NACN is right, we all support each other. Some post more than others but it is all good. Just being able to check in has kept many of us on track. It is great to have a new Januarian in our group. Going this far on your own is an amazing achievement. Well done.

That is great news about running the 5k NACN ! I have yet to sign up for anything like that, but will at my next opportunity. I am getting stronger since my new training routine. 5K doesn't seem as intimidating to me as it did !

Have a healthy, happy and sober Sunday classmates.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Just checking in, hope everyone will have a good, rejuvenating sober Sunday

I will manage to sneak a nap in today I hope.
And also an NA meeting tonight. NA has ended up being my support group of choice... I'm able to get to more meetings there and I have a sponsor there as well. I like the literature. It kind of follows closer along with the work I did in treatment.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 226.
Good morning. I overslept as is often the case on Monday.

Good luck with the NA meeting, Delizadee. One of the group in our January class also mixes support group meetings with SR. It sounds like the combination of both can work well. I am sure you are going to do great.

Have a happy, sober day all.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 227.
Hi classmates. Woke up in time for a constructive morning. Drinking coffee as I psych myself into going for it. Mornings are hard.
Have an awesome , happy and sober day all.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Quick check in...headed out to a harbor island with my son and my sister and her daughter! Not a great day today, but should be fun.

Started rehearsal yesterday, GREAT to be back at it!

Have a happy safe sunny sober day!
NACN
Old 08-15-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 227,

Hey, everyone! And welcome, Delizadee!! It’s awesome to have a new Januarian to the group

Well, I made it through the wedding weekend! Phew. It was not a walk in the park, but planning ahead made it that much easier. To start, I got my name insured on the rental car we took. Although I’ve had my license for years, I haven’t driven much cause I’ve always been nervous of city driving. I’m realizing though, I never really gave it a chance. I was always too busy drinking or hungover to do it! The night of the wedding I drove. Even in my drinking days, I would never have a drink and drive, so automatically it was off the table. There was a point during the reception where my AV was yelling at me….leave the car….everyone is leaving their cars here…have a drink! but I am SO glad I didn’t listen! Instead, I went to the bathroom and read some of our groups' posts which reminded me of how far we’ve all came which was all I needed.

Besides being able to drive our crew home at the end of the night, I was also able to drive a few family members home who had too much throughout the night, which was a nice escape from the partying. The rest of the weekend at night I’d stay around for a little bit to be social, but when the partying got really going I’d escape to where we were staying. We packed TONS of snacks so I ate my face off, watched Netflix movies I had downloaded before going and read a book I’ve been meaning to read for ages!

Kudos to anyone who can make it through a wedding sober! I am so grateful I didn’t have to do it earlier in sobriety

NACN - Hope the marathon went well! That’s so awesome to have your daughter waiting for you at the finish line! What a great feeling. And glad to hear you’re back to rehearsing

DLB - Hope the self-study is going well! I also have been peeking in on the August class as a reminder of where we were and how far we’ve come

Anyways, I have some unpacking to do! We didn’t get in til' the wee hours this morning and I went right to sleep so lots to be done!

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-16-2017, 01:46 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 228.
Hi NACN and Ina.
Good luck being back in rehearsals NACN. I am sure being around (hopefully) refreshed, familiar faces again, and a brand new play , full of possibilities , is exciting.

Ina, congratulations on getting through the wedding days intact. It is so good you did and were able to experience it, from this side. I have yet to put myself in such a drinking heavy environment. Planning activities, movies, snacks and excuses in advance sounds 100% what to do. Did your family or friends remark on the difference in you ? I hope so. You have done so well . Really proud you got through. Gives me hope for when I do.

I am up early. The gym stuff is going well. Projects/self-study less so but doing it now. Trying hard.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day all
Old 08-17-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 229.
Good morning Januarians.
Just a quick checkin. Doing well. Skipped the gym today because of an early work start. Hope everyone is doing well.
Have a sober and happy day all.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 229,

Just a quick check in.

DLB - Yes, a few people remarked on the difference and how healthy I was looking! Another few suspect I'm trying to get pregnant, even though I told them I was just trying to be healthier. Lol.

Well, yesterday we got our dog a radio flyer. His mobility is getting a little tougher now so we're gonna wheel him to the park. I gotta say, there's not much that's cuter than a droopy Basset hound in a red wagon

Anyways, hope you're all having a great day!
Old 08-17-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats a great idea Ina

D
Old 08-17-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Going strong and crazy here. On Sunday, in good fashion, I skipped the meeting and had a nap instead.
Kind of dabbled in some dark thoughts for a few days, but there has been a lot of stress going on in my life. Just the thought of returning to addiction is an escapism in itself.
But, doing good for now.
I've been part of AA for about 2 years and NA just since treatment. It took a few tries to get this far. I don't much forget how pathetic my last relapse was. Nothing to write home about, nothing despicably awful, nothing gleefully exciting. Nothing but nothing and a bit of abdominal pain. Pretty pointless.

Good job on getting through the wedding, Ina.
Getting to the point of realizing that I could make it through a lot of tough things beyond those regular things that are synonymous with drinking and stay sober, was when it clicked that nothing, nothing at all could make me drink. Except for me.
Are lots of classmates January 1sters?
I suppose if I had not been signed up for treatment which was such a blood fight for me to get into in the first place, I would have just kept on drinking like an idiot

Anyways, glad to be here, and be sober. Happy sober Friday to you all tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 230.
Hi classmates

Carrying your Basset hound to the park in a radio-flyer is a lovely idea., Ina. Particularly for bassets. So much of their world is smell, I am sure he will love the new mobility. I suppose after smelling all the other dogs who have been there, he will want to mark his scent also. Not sure how that is achievable

Delizadee. Actually I think just Ina and I were new year resolution classmates. For some lucky reason we have lasted. The large majority were like you, and joined all over January.
I think expressing your thoughts here is really healthy. I read others thoughts and express my own here and it helps me. Having relapsed and come back to SR is a huge achievement for you. Sobriety is so much better and you are doing great.

Before 2017 I tried several times, so relapse is a fear of mine also. This year I feel much stronger and on target. SR helps me so much.

I am rushing around as late for work. The week has been good so far.
Have a great, healthy and sober day all
Old 08-19-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Day 231.
A bit of a stressful end of the work week but trying not to brood and to focus on positive things this weekend. Gym and self-study stuff.
I hope everyone has a great, sober and productive weekend.

I am going to quickly checkin on the weekenders thread. For me, it is great to sign in, show support and offer a few helping words if appropriate.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Really quick check in today! It's been a trying few days, I won't go to much into it, but I lost a HUGE opportunity that was mine to lose, and it was nobody's fault but myself...I totally choked. Very much a bummer and I am reliving every moment in my head, wishing I had done differently.
LOTS of candy this weekend. This has been a tough one.

Sending strength and light to everyone here.
NACN
Old 08-20-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 232.
Hi NACN.
All the best with you situation. Sometime things just f' up I guess. How we react is the part we have control over. Best of luck with everything.

I also had a trying few days also. And more to come unfortunately . Just trying not to blame myself too much, keep being positive and make better choices than I would have done last year.

On a positive note, yesterday was good. Trying to have a nice day and get myself ready for Monday.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Sunday all.