Old 12-26-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Needachangenow

!!

Hi Class,

Yesterday was I think the hardest day so far, since the early few days. I host Christmas with a sit down dinner. After we had opened presents in the morning, I was getting ready to start with the dinner, when we lost power. It was only our street, a tree had come down on power lines a few doors down.

So, with people coming over, no way to get the dinner ready. The power was out for six hours. It ended up working out fine and we just had dinner later, but it was such a stressful day. Not to mention how cold it was starting to get in the house! So that was stressful. Then, as soon as power came back, I had to scramble to get everything done.
Then, everyone was drinking and having fun, and I was being annoyed by my sister in law (lol), etc. etc. I just really wanted to join in with the drinking.
But I didn't.

And you know what? It was a great day. Best Christmas Ever, as my 10 year old son said. And I was there, sober, and aware to enjoy every minute.

So, all in all a good day! And happy that I have this week off, and today did NOTHING but sit on my couch!!

I hope everyone had a happy holiday.
NACN