Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 267

Old 07-07-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
I have to admit I've been sitting with an awful insidious AV nattering at me for a couple of days now. Not constant but enough to concern me. I've done a fair bit of thinking and internal wrestling this evening and I just can't do it (drink I mean). I actually do want to be sober more than I want to drink! Wow who knew? I'm home alone no kids no partner and the voice is there for sure but I just can't start again. I'm forcing my mind back through my last withdrawal and to what tomorrow might be like if I drink tonight. Yes okay I'm a crazy person (lol) with a long way to go but God if I gave in tonight then what? Honestly I have no idea how it would pan out and I'm still genuinely scared to go back out there. Good. Frankly I dont really care what has actually stopped me but something has and I'm very relieved. Maybe I do have a fighting chance of making this stick after all.....
Keep going back there and remembering what it was like the last time. It is just never, ever worth that first sip. Can you find something to do outside of the house that will keep you busy?
And yes you absolutely have a fighting chance! You ARE doing this!
Old 07-07-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Evening check in:
Well I have survived yet another day. I have given into the old AV 3 days now (binge eating) and that is something I am not proud of. I don't know what is going on but this tends to happen every now and then- it comes in a wave, I ride it and then it goes away. It's not fun, and I want the cycle to end.
I just need to rewire my brain- I know for a fact it's that simple. So why won't I take the steps to do it? All I have to do is start meditating. I even got a bunch of new meditations sent to me by a complete stranger (through a FB group.) And here I am not doing them.
Anyway, no more self loathing today. I accept myself and all my flaws. I accept that this is the best I can do for this week and tomorrow I promise I will do better.
Good night friends...
Old 07-07-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24. Signed up for some PT next week as I am wondering whether to change my exercise routine. I feel like I've been in a rut for the past few months. Need some new challenges. Tough mudder anyone ?

Kris, I am sorry to hear of the ongoing health issues with you and Mr K. I would gladly take all your suffering in return for the kindness and compassion you have shown to us. I hope you can get the medical assistance and see an end to suffering.

Congrats to all the milestoners ! Well done and lets keep moving forward

Another 24 hours of tonglen, serenity and sobriety pls ! Its 9:26am here !
Old 07-07-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

8:28 and another 24 hours please. I recently found some YouTube meditations and positive affirmations by Louise Hay. I find them quite interesting and could be useful to some as an extra tool.

Keep strong everyone. Shut down the AV as fast as you can. It's gotten it's own way for far too long in our lives. Being sober makes me feel. Period. I feel all of my emotions as they are supposed to be and in turn can react to them with clarity. The good and the bad.

Take care everyone. Have a great day 😊
Old 07-07-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

(((Kris))) sending so much love and prayers your way.
((((Leigh))) truly hope you feel better soon.
24 please
Day 46
Love to all
❤❤
Tink ❤
Old 07-07-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
I wish I could heal you both.
More love.
The Healing I get from all of you is simply amazing. TY!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
Running a little late but 24 more clean and sober hours please. Kris
Tom...................
Old 07-07-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Kris - We love you so much, and appreciate that you're here, even while you go through such challenging times. Prayers for you to be comforted are going up and will continue.

Please give me another 24.
You all are really my Stronghold. My sobriety is my strength even in daunting times. Love you Hevyn.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Pain is relative. We all have problems and it doesn't matter whose is worse if they can even be compared. You are not a complainer. I hope I didn't make you feel that way for some reason.

I am sure sobriety makes life's challenges a bit more manageable and for that I am also grateful. Hang in there and please don't stop sharing. You have a lot of people here who care about you and your family.
I'm just kinda let down today. I'm just so tired. Can't sleep. If I could sleep it would be easier to function. I think I'll go pray now. Praying for al of us. Leigh, a healing thought for you. For all who are struggling right now. I Am so thankful for my sobriety, for all of you and for my God. My husband has been my rock all these years. It's my turn now.

Sweet sober Dreams. And Thank You!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Pain is relative. We all have problems and it doesn't matter whose is worse if they can even be compared. You are not a complainer. I hope I didn't make you feel that way for some reason.

I am sure sobriety makes life's challenges a bit more manageable and for that I am also grateful. Hang in there and please don't stop sharing. You have a lot of people here who care about you and your family.
Of course not, Dear One!

All of you make it better.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Checking in for 24. Signed up for some PT next week as I am wondering whether to change my exercise routine. I feel like I've been in a rut for the past few months. Need some new challenges. Tough mudder anyone ?

Kris, I am sorry to hear of the ongoing health issues with you and Mr K. I would gladly take all your suffering in return for the kindness and compassion you have shown to us. I hope you can get the medical assistance and see an end to suffering.

Congrats to all the milestoners ! Well done and lets keep moving forward

Another 24 hours of tonglen, serenity and sobriety pls ! Its 9:26am here !
Thanks Kaneda. I would never want to see someone else suffer because of me. I know that you mean it though and I thank you tenfold.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
8:28 and another 24 hours please. I recently found some YouTube meditations and positive affirmations by Louise Hay. I find them quite interesting and could be useful to some as an extra tool.

Keep strong everyone. Shut down the AV as fast as you can. It's gotten it's own way for far too long in our lives. Being sober makes me feel. Period. I feel all of my emotions as they are supposed to be and in turn can react to them with clarity. The good and the bad.

Take care everyone. Have a great day 😊
Sandy!!! It's so good to see you here! You are right about that - being sober makes us feel. I never really thought about how different life will be now without the numbing from alcohol.

I hope you are doing well my friend..
Old 07-07-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Checking in for 24hrs. 8.26am here in Western Australia. Love you guys x
Old 07-07-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

5:22 in California and checking in for another 24. My organization streak continues, today I got through the closet on my room, and cabinets and drawers in both bathrooms. I also managed a Costco run without veering too much from. Y list.

Both girls have activities tonight, I am opting for the gymnastics run since it will allow me to go go to the gym, that leaves my husband with voice.

My husband has a large family, and several of them live in Tennessee and Kentucky and they will be visiting for the next week and a half, so tomorrow and Sunday will be big family gatherings. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hope all of you have had a great day, and that you have a wonderful weekend.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-07-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Evening check in:
Well I have survived yet another day. I have given into the old AV 3 days now (binge eating) and that is something I am not proud of. I don't know what is going on but this tends to happen every now and then- it comes in a wave, I ride it and then it goes away. It's not fun, and I want the cycle to end.
I just need to rewire my brain- I know for a fact it's that simple. So why won't I take the steps to do it? All I have to do is start meditating. I even got a bunch of new meditations sent to me by a complete stranger (through a FB group.) And here I am not doing them.
Anyway, no more self loathing today. I accept myself and all my flaws. I accept that this is the best I can do for this week and tomorrow I promise I will do better.
Good night friends...
I have found meditation helpful too Sunny, it helps to quiet my overactive mind. You sound much more positive today.

Sending lots of love your way.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-07-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Hope you like this one too.

. . . that is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way.

—Doris Lessing

As we are changed by our experiences, that which we know also changes. Our experiences foster growth and enlightenment, and all awarenesses give way to new understandings. We are forever students of life blessed with particular lessons designed only for us. There is joy in knowing that learning has no end and that each day offers us a chance to move closer to becoming the persons we are meant to be.

To understand something more deeply requires that we be open to the ideas of others, willing to part with our present opinions. The program offers us many opportunities to trade in the understandings we've outgrown. Throughout our recovery we have discovered new interpretations of old ideas. And we will continue to expand our understanding.

Every situation, every person, every feeling, every idea has a slightly different hue each time we encounter it. The wonder of this is that life is forever enriched, forever fresh.

Each moment offers me a chance to know better who I am and to understand more fully the real contribution that is mine to make in this life. I will let the anticipation of my changing ideas excite me.
I certainly do; thanks, erfra.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Count me in please.
mystified
Old 07-07-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I'm okay, its not an emergency. I am doing this to myself with the binge eating- I know this is how it affects my mood and I just need to break the cycle. I will be fine, I promise. I really wanted this therapist because he focuses on meditation, hypnosis and transpersonal psychology. I have been to too many traditional therapists and it just doesn't work for me. I need someone to help me break the habit of being myself.

Now off to get my little man to sleep so I can have some alone time.
I hope that you can find someone like him, Sunflowerlife!!!
Old 07-07-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
Ugghhh! Sounds all too familiar, although I never ended up in the ER. The docs were baffled and finally just threw medication at it but it only made me worse. Turns out after A LOT of trial and error, I figured out my problem was slight lactose intolerance. Simple as that! I can have SOME lactose in the form of hard cheeses and even some soft cheeses in moderation. I've removed milk from my life altogether. It's just not worth it. I would suggest purchasing this cookbook that she has refined for IBS sufferers: Eating for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). If you want, I think I still own this other informative book but no longer have any need for it and I've been saving it to send to someone who could use it: First Year: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, by Heather Van Vorous. PM me and I would be happy to mail it to you.

ETA - printing out this IBS Cheat Sheet was super helpful to me: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Books - HelpForIBS

Thanks so much, dear one!!!!! I will look into those!
Old 07-07-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
I just found out that I gain 35 pounds eeehhhhh in two months of seating in my ass.
Oh my goodness!!!! I bet that you will shed them once you regain normal activity.