Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 267

Old 07-07-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Kris that's such a shame I hope you and your husband are not too unsettled. Your composure and ability to out it in perspective is amazing! Lots of love xxx
I will admit a bit worried as this has been long in coming. 3 months........

Just a diagnosis to see what our options are would be uplifting. It's hard to watch someone you love suffer so.

ODAAT.................
Old 07-07-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I'm sorry you are going through so much lately. My thoughts are with you Kris.
Sorry for complaining. So many have problems so much more worse than ours. Our life has been so wonderful since I got sober.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I have to admit I've been sitting with an awful insidious AV nattering at me for a couple of days now. Not constant but enough to concern me. I've done a fair bit of thinking and internal wrestling this evening and I just can't do it (drink I mean). I actually do want to be sober more than I want to drink! Wow who knew? I'm home alone no kids no partner and the voice is there for sure but I just can't start again. I'm forcing my mind back through my last withdrawal and to what tomorrow might be like if I drink tonight. Yes okay I'm a crazy person (lol) with a long way to go but God if I gave in tonight then what? Honestly I have no idea how it would pan out and I'm still genuinely scared to go back out there. Good. Frankly I dont really care what has actually stopped me but something has and I'm very relieved. Maybe I do have a fighting chance of making this stick after all.....
Of course you Absolutely do! Just make a commitment to not pick up the first drink.
For me, God did what I could not do for myself. I finally just gave it to Him.

I'm trying to do that now with our struggle with illness.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

(((Kris)))
Old 07-07-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Wanted to cry but God's Will and He is on our side no matter what.

I get it about IBS. I'm dealing with diverticulitis and colitis and an UTI. Uh. Don't tell me stress doesn't make it flare. Getting tired of banannas, rice, applesauce and potatoes this past month. Thankful to be done with the antibiotics!
I can imagine you were so devastated! I would have been, too, my dear. But in this life we have to take the good with the bad, don't we?

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Antibiotics can work wonders, though.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I have to admit I've been sitting with an awful insidious AV nattering at me for a couple of days now. Not constant but enough to concern me. I've done a fair bit of thinking and internal wrestling this evening and I just can't do it (drink I mean). I actually do want to be sober more than I want to drink! Wow who knew? I'm home alone no kids no partner and the voice is there for sure but I just can't start again. I'm forcing my mind back through my last withdrawal and to what tomorrow might be like if I drink tonight. Yes okay I'm a crazy person (lol) with a long way to go but God if I gave in tonight then what? Honestly I have no idea how it would pan out and I'm still genuinely scared to go back out there. Good. Frankly I dont really care what has actually stopped me but something has and I'm very relieved. Maybe I do have a fighting chance of making this stick after all.....
I just love how you've ripped off that shiny top layer and exposed the AV for what it truly is - ugly and brutal on the inside. You've been very realistic and rational about it and that can only lead to good things and your great perspective. Nice work, Jo!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Sorry for complaining. So many have problems so much more worse than ours. Our life has been so wonderful since I got sober.
I don't see it as complaining at all, Kris. Rather, you are leaning on us for support. This should be your safe place and you're likely having to put up a strong front for your husband. It's OK to let your guard down with us.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Celebration time!!!

Recovery is a Choice We make Everyday. Celebrating their sobriety today are CK with 2 Weeks, Badger with One Terrific Month and Sassy with 2 Years and 11 months of Awesome!

Serving up a 3 Layer Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting with Sprinkles!

Old 07-07-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Celebration time!!!

Recovery is a Choice We make Everyday. Celebrating their sobriety today are CK with 2 Weeks, Badger with One Terrific Month and Sassy with 2 Years and 11 months of Awesome!

Serving up a 3 Layer Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting!

YUMM-O! I best to refresh my cup of coffee to wash down that sinful looking cake!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
I can imagine you were so devastated! I would have been, too, my dear. But in this life we have to take the good with the bad, don't we?

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Antibiotics can work wonders, though.
Mine are minor compared to my husbands. And a few more tears are okay I guess. Then, Get on with it! Dinner awaits!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
I don't see it as complaining at all, Kris. Rather, you are leaning on us for support. This should be your safe place and you're likely having to put up a strong front for your husband. It's OK to let your guard down with us.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
I got my fingers crossed, Kris. I hope you get the referral!
Me too , sending strength , love and prayers.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:45 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Back to bed.
(((Leigh)))
Old 07-07-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
orangutan

Kris that's such a shame I hope you and your husband are not too unsettled. Your composure and ability to out it in perspective is amazing! Lots of love xxx
Old 07-07-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mine are minor compared to my husbands. And a few more tears are okay I guess. Then, Get on with it! Dinner awaits!
I wish I could heal you both.
More love.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Running a little late but 24 more clean and sober hours please. Kris
Old 07-07-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kris - We love you so much, and appreciate that you're here, even while you go through such challenging times. Prayers for you to be comforted are going up and will continue.

Please give me another 24.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

(((Kris))). Thinking of you & Mr. Kris and fingers crossed that you get that referral to Mayo. I can't say enough good things about their doctors, support staff and efficient system.
(((Leigh))) hope you feel better soon!
Lots going on with our 24-hr. family.....love, hugs, peace and strength to all....xxxx

My AV is also acting up and last night I told it to F^^^^ Off!! I don't often curse but enough is enough! So please count me ALL in for another 24.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Pain is relative. We all have problems and it doesn't matter whose is worse if they can even be compared. You are not a complainer. I hope I didn't make you feel that way for some reason.

I am sure sobriety makes life's challenges a bit more manageable and for that I am also grateful. Hang in there and please don't stop sharing. You have a lot of people here who care about you and your family.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
(((Kris))). Thinking of you & Mr. Kris and fingers crossed that you get that referral to Mayo. I can't say enough good things about their doctors, support staff and efficient system.
(((Leigh))) hope you feel better soon!
Lots going on with our 24-hr. family.....love, hugs, peace and strength to all....xxxx

My AV is also acting up and last night I told it to F^^^^ Off!! I don't often curse but enough is enough! So please count me ALL in for another 24.
Good for you Bandi!! What the heck is going on? Seems like a lot of us are struggling at the moment. Might be something astrological?

Thinking of you!