View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
I have to admit I've been sitting with an awful insidious AV nattering at me for a couple of days now. Not constant but enough to concern me. I've done a fair bit of thinking and internal wrestling this evening and I just can't do it (drink I mean). I actually do want to be sober more than I want to drink! Wow who knew? I'm home alone no kids no partner and the voice is there for sure but I just can't start again. I'm forcing my mind back through my last withdrawal and to what tomorrow might be like if I drink tonight. Yes okay I'm a crazy person (lol) with a long way to go but God if I gave in tonight then what? Honestly I have no idea how it would pan out and I'm still genuinely scared to go back out there. Good. Frankly I dont really care what has actually stopped me but something has and I'm very relieved. Maybe I do have a fighting chance of making this stick after all.....
Keep going back there and remembering what it was like the last time. It is just never, ever worth that first sip. Can you find something to do outside of the house that will keep you busy?
And yes you absolutely have a fighting chance! You ARE doing this!