Notices

One Year & Over Part 50

Old 06-03-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Great old memories being dragged up here!

We had a party line back in the day until my younger sister became a teenager-then my parents sprung for our own line more for the folks on the other side of the line.

My mother also used to hang clothes out on the line all the time, instead of using the dryer, unless the weather wasn't cooperating. She always felt the clothes smelled better hanging outside. Neighbors today would be aghast seeing a clothesline full of undies hanging in the yard.

Inpar, I say go for the new job. Bank some cash, it will give you more options later on with your schooling.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

The job would be a good gig to have on your résumé, and could also lead to other things? School is t going anywhere, and if the tedium gets to you, do a night class or something online to stimulate the latent brain cells!!

Andy, how is Mrs T?

Arrived home about midnight, after a 2 hour drive from the airport. Finally got to bed around 1:30 but it was hot so didn't sleep for a while. Wide awake now, so will have a quiet day. We think we found a portable air on unit online someone is selling so will pick that up today and hopefully will have a more comfortable night tonight! Looking forward to a lazy day vegging in the sun ( factor 50 slathered on!)

Have a great Sunday wherever you are Overs! ( I quite like the 'Over Achievers' PJ, a nice play on words as we have achieved our year and over!! )

Sass my nan had a party line, I knew their neighbours and their business as they thought nothing of listening in and coming in with a comment or two when we called her, she was the same when anyone else in the street got a call! ( the nights were long in those days!!!)

SG, I still prefer to hang washing out when I can,
Old 06-03-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Enjoy a restful day toots!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hello felloe over the hill's. Long, but went quickly (yes it is possible) day. Someone asking to be let in the gate (again) 'cos locked himself out. Not meant to- but I have the only street access to the place- so often get people doing stuff like this. He wanted to go thru my unit- I told him no. He got in- I directed him to someone that just past him 5 seconds before- who was opening gate. Told staff- who are going to have chats. Said his unit was open. HA! Lots of writing and recovery homework (self implemented). Going through by what now is probably an oldie- applying CBT for self- in depression and self esteem by a guy called burns (oh the irony).
Prayers to London again. Every where else as well again.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

InPar, I'll add a vote for the job, I like financial security.

Mrs T. spent last night in hospital again. One of the effects of the sepsis she has is a lowered blood pressure. With all the exercise she has done over the years she has the lowest bp I know, yesterday it was 79 over 39. The Doctor can't believe she isn't dizzy. They filled her full of saline to get her bp up but just made her look inflated.
They've taken blood this morning and we are hoping for a higher white cell count.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:17 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Administrator

New job

D
Old 06-04-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post
Mrs T. spent last night in hospital again. One of the effects of the sepsis she has is a lowered blood pressure. With all the exercise she has done over the years she has the lowest bp I know, yesterday it was 79 over 39. The Doctor can't believe she isn't dizzy. They filled her full of saline to get her bp up but just made her look inflated.
They've taken blood this morning and we are hoping for a higher white cell count.
Andy, so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hang in there, Andy.

IP, put me down for another vote for the new job.

Just about ready for my extended Sunday morning nature walk. Warm weather this morning should make for some active critters.

Will then be working on more side project today.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 06-04-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
You said it, brother!!

ADVICE PLEASE WISE OVERS:

I have been offered a position on a very established show in its 7th season, a great easy going crew, and an easy job with little to no stress. It is short days (8-10 hours) every day, paid for 12. The studio is less than ten minute drive away. I can bring my dog every day with no stress or hassle. Ten month stint.

I was planning on working part time and enrolling in school part time this semester (September). But this job will allow me to save a LOT of money up and pay for school in one go. But I would be putting it off for a year and working a pretty hum drum tedious job until then.

WHAT DO I DO. Continue working with a pretty stressy crew (the one I'm currently on) part time and plow my way through school part time which will be a tough slog, juggling it all and also tougher financially. Or work another ten months solid at a boring but easy job and go full time to school after, but probably going a bit nuts from tedium in the meantime. But also being comfortable financially.

Thoughts?? I know, it's always something else with me! I had made up my mind about school but this job would be a sweet gig and a different route to go, I have to consider it.

ANYHOO, hope y'all are enjoying the weekend so far! I am!
IP, my two cents is that you will not be able to handle the current job + school. You are already working hours that are too long, so I am dubious of the "part time" plan. They will simply pressure you to work more. You could burn out at work and not do well in school at the same time.

What are you planning to study?
Old 06-04-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

IP, I also vote for the new job. BUT the choice really is yours - you are the one who has to live with it. College can truly be done at any time or gradually over years as I did. Working in a stressful job takes a big toll on us physically, mentally and emotionally.

Andy, thinking of you and Mrs T!

Toots, hope you get some good R&R! You have been going full steam for some time.

Have a good one to all.

Agreed, PJ -prayers to those in London!
Old 06-04-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs

Andy, hope your wife is home soon, wishing you both love.

Inpar, a new job with shorter hours and get to see your dog more, sounds like a plan...

Hope you're enjoying sunny Spain, toots. Pleased you've got factor 50, me too!

Hubby just came running in from cutting the grass, he said he'd been chased by bees! I didn't laugh!, I just said I hoped he hadn't hurt them!

Hope it's a good day for everyone.x
Old 06-04-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oh, I just remembered my nannan had a hand ringer too, before the electric one. My parents had a party line on our phone when I was a kid. My mum hated sharing with our neighbours around the bend or corner, lol.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Mrs T update:
BP 90 over 53
Temp 37.4C
Old 06-04-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

One of my nan's was a working class snob. Every thing had to look perfect (except it was not)- but, she used to hand up the undies inside pillow cases so no one would see them..
Old 06-04-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Andy glad to hear it!

Thanks Mags and PJ!

YW Star,
I had more in the lost posts.

Aries,
So sorry you had some rough patches and my answer to you too was lost.

Everyone have a great Sunday evening. I am so sorry to hear of more terror in London. Disregard our lout.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post
Mrs T update:
BP 90 over 53
Temp 37.4C
Yay! sounds like the antibiotics are working. Sepsis is so scary. I had it a few years ago.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

I went for a nice, two-hour walk in the woods on this beautiful day.

I napped a lot this weekend. Feel like I am truly starting to recover from recent stress in dealing with issues at work, taking care of my cat with cancer, and other things.

I actually engaged in a little creative cooking today. First time in a long time I have had the energy and motivation to do that. I am also starting to plan a mini-break with my husband to a fancy hotel a couple of hours out of town.

For a while, I was just depressed and had no energy. It was just too many problems to deal with. Glad things are finally getting better.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Sorry I'm such a sporadic poster - I've been sober now over 500 days and find myself so busy enjoying being sober!!

One question I have is I've been in a relationship now just over a year. It's going great and he's amazing. This is my first relationship that hasn't involved me drinking - and I love my boyfriend so much but I just can't find the courage to actually say it to him out loud.... I've said I love you before to other men I've dated but I usually had a few drinks before I said it.... just posting this I feel like a silly little school girl but being in a sober relationship is a new experience for me. I've never been good at communicating my feelings , hence one of the many reasons I drank....

I've almost said it multiple times and it would have just come out naturally but I would stop myself mid-sentence from saying it...

-Alicia
Old 06-04-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Andy, bp is going up, hopefully she will be home soon.

GHD, I'm pleased you're on the road to recovery

Have a great Monday overs.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:39 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

GHD, I'm glad you are feeling better.

Alicia don't over think the 'I love you', actions speak louder than words.

Mrs T's temperature has continued to fall I should be able to bring her home today. yippee!

Have a great day everyone.