Notices

One Year & Over Part 50

Old 05-31-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh, oh me sir!!! I know what day it is!!!!

It's Julie day!

Or Mike day?
Old 05-31-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

GHD, snuggles for your cat

IP, back to school sounds good.

SG, that sounds like a good approach. I still prefer to miss the drinking parties, partly because there is often at least one person who drinks too much and mostly because I find them less than fun.

Thanks, FBL - always love that camel

Have a good one, Overs!
Old 05-31-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Old 05-31-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs, the sun's lovely here this evening..thinking of going for a walk to Normanby Park.

Fbl, haven't seem the camel for a while. Lovely.lol.

Hi sassy and toots and FG, Hi overs. Take care!
Old 05-31-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Got my hospital appointment this morning. I'm hoping they're going to give me some better meds.

Hope it's a good day for everyone.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hello over achievers. Pain clinic this am- another a-d change, to hopefully assist with sleep. Long with, quadruple booked. Then counselling- all good, on track. In a holding pattern. Waiting for 'd' stuff, housing stuff, money stuff- all wheels are in motion. I hate waiting (takes weeks/months) long periods. Mind waited 40 mins for the little doc this morning- just closed my eyes and went into me land.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 06-01-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

PJ, yes, lots of waiting in the medical and government worlds and you've got both. Good that they are there for you though I wish life were easier,

Hi Mags. I hope you get meds that are better!

Hi FG and everyone else. Have a tumult-free Thursday.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Mags

D
Old 06-01-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Toots- I googled both- Mike day. BUT there is a Julie day.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs
Been warm here today and sunny.

At the hospital appt today I was given yet a stronger dose for asthma. But no prednisolone. I was shocked what the doc said about prednisolone. "If you was twenty years older I wouldn't mind giving you prednisolone as you'd probably die before suffering the side effects , but you don't see the effects of it for twenty years and They can kill you!" Then she said you'll probably live for another 40 years! I think she thinks out loud! And went on to say what bits of you they destroy! Very comforting. Must say!

Ah well, it's my favourite day tomorrow and I have my appraisal at work! Eek!

Have a nice evening overs xx
Old 06-01-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I hope everyone had a good Memorial day weekend, and few minutes of solemn rememberance them as we did.

This is my catch up for two weeks, not required reading and long but I tried!

Hey Toots,
I do have a low boredom threshold, but I can always find something interesting. The trouble is that between the back problems and my inability to moderate my work, like getting help when the 52" Zero turn mower gets stuck in the mud. But nooo, I decided if I was careful I could lift the front and pull it out of the ruts the rear tires made. I could and did, and extended my rehabilitation by a few more months. Or lifting six inch thick 18X18" concrete pavers, etc. (yes I did that too and was out of comission for a week and a slow return to where I was. The good thing is that I am now making faster progress which depends on my lifting my little dumbbell and doing my exercises. I spend entirely too much time online. Last week I was foing all the learning for a new job and then spent hours going through my emails and posts on only two websites, here and one other. I am backed up and am hiring in landscapers to put in the pavers and ground cover this time.

IP,
Glad your therapy is starting to get to you. Remember the Itchy definition of learning. Learning is a change in behavior.

Sassy,
Sorry you have insomnia. Drinking or sober I could not function if my sleep wasn't like a rock. I hope you don't do it often.

FG,
Glad your convention went well. I went to AA in my first 3 months and once or twice afterwards. Now funny thing is I had a person I called from an ad and he recognized me as the Bipolar guy who treated him rudely. I am not bipolar but had some resentment issues before and just after I quit alcohol for good. I had only acted out on a few folks but this guy was very nice and in hindsight I was an ass. I remembered my thinking I had no amends to make but apparently there were. I told him he was right and I was sorry for the ill treatment. And left it at that. Needless to say I did not try to buy the trimmer. That was Sunday at noon and it made me think about my old home group meeting from 3-4 Sundays and I looked them up in the regional calendar and they still did. I went, and was allowed to choose the topic and I asked that we discuss making amends. Apparently I was not the only one who had issues with amends. But the four or five folks that shared sure taught me a lot in an hour. And made me realize that I had a chip on my shoulder on certain issues. I promised to be back next Sunday and I will.
Then this evening my son called and it turns out his wife's step dad has been living with them and today she found foil blackened and called her mom sending pics. Sure enough he was smoking crack. 60 years old and my son is kicking him out. It is up to them to support themselves. Quite the memporial Day weekend and not in a bad way. I found some chinks in my armor I had not seen before and extiguished them as much as I could with little chance to acti differently. But I learned more than I bargained for.

Drake!
Good for you making a conscious thinking through of any comments from your AVI. And you just keep checking in and before you know it your cravings will be lifted too. Remember, life doesn't get better, we do!

Star,
You bet we need better legal and moral definitions of MJ and some other things. However most others are black and white.
I agree with you about the apartment overs and unders and sides. I can't even stand neighbors in a house in a subdivision. That's why my house is 300 feet from the road on five acres. I do not want more than a passing hello over the fence when we are doing the yard work. I have not actually spoken to my neighbors on either side in months. The one across the street just redid their drive and flowerbeds so we have had a few neighborly chats in the last couple of weeks, admiring their work. I am way past cohabitation with flimsy dividers. I lived in military basic dorms where there was no privacy with 40 of us bunking in one room and sharing one 10 hole latrine and shower. We also have lived in military housing. They are duplexes. In Germany, there was a six month wait for military housing, so we had to rent in town for almost a year. We lived in the middle ground floor with renters below and the landlord above. We never heard either. The houses over there are made of solid stone blocks eight inches thick or more, and the ceilings and floors the same. Germans are very conscious of noise pollution and they will complain about barking dogs and the owner will be fined or have to get rid of their dogs. They have noise laws! When we moved into base housing which was German stone construction townhouses, my fellow Americans managed to remind us how loud we are wherever we are. My solution was to always buy the "Eyesore" houese in a very good neighborhood, fix it up, stay the three or four years of my military assignement, then sell it at a profit, or break even with the cost of repairs once.

Hi Gil!

Mags,
Sounds like you missed the sunshine of spring. There is nothing wrong with having a few things you love to love. I like to have several of everything. I have learned to get rid of the electronics and computers/tablets before they are worthless. I get about 100% pleasure from them and 50% of my cost back when I sell them. I always buy my replacements in cars and all else, then I can take my time selling my old one and am not getting lowball dealer ytrade ins. I do no business with "Stealerships." I agree with Mags, I grew up poor but never really felt that. And today, when I can afford anything I want, I am in need of nothing, and I really don't want anything except my back back.

Aries,
I hope you're feeling better. Remember that sober, life doesn't get any better, we do, then life follows along.

Andy,
I do the same. I have every closet filled and a full 24X30 steel worlshop on a slab, and a 12X 20 portable building one could live in as it is plumbed (Used to hold out washer dryer and freezer until we got the new much larger house, but under 1800 sq.ft.) We came here with only what cpould fit in a 36 foot 5th wheel RV and now I am faced with selling almost all of it to move to Denver as we decided we can't be in less stable countries in our hemisphere, and first world countries I haven't looked into NZ and Australia. Worse my wife does estate sales commercially and they will not take the time to sort the hoarder's containers of nuts bolts screws etc as no one buys them. I currently have about a hundred dollars of hardware and odds and ends to sort and make usable. About two hours work. We finally let go of many things when we began to full time and realize we need no more than a few pair of jeans, a few nice casual shirts, and one each dress up casual and one suit and tie full dressup. I only need my 18volt Ryobi cordless power tools and a plug in skil saw and compressor with an impact wrench. And of course one full set of box wrenches and sockets.
I now have a rule. If I don't use it in a year I sell or donate it. I used to keep a gas powered wood chipper, a gas large tiller, a large DR trimmer mower, and a few more things that took up a lot of my workshop floor space, all electric start. It took about 50-100 bucks a years to keep them maintained (Oil changes, filters, blades sharpened or replaced, plugs and batteries, repairs) and if not used a a gas engine's seals will dry and leak. It is cheaper to rent the items I use only occasionally, and it freed up a lot of room. I have changed from a scarcity mentality to a cornucopia mentality. So most of my purchases are just "toys," and gone in a year or three. I just keep my guns and family videos/pics/antiques/heirlooms. We have quilts from her granny, a ceramic turkey platter from her mom's kiln, miltary certificates of her dad's, a few rosatrys my mom used despite my being agnostic, a Ben Wade pipe from my grandfather that I gave him long before he passed, and a an oriental watercolor painting from my grandmother. Of things, I take pics before I sell them. I can look at them but rarely do. The pics of the places we have been, and the people we have loved and befriended are treasured as are the 8mm films and Hi8 videos.
PJ,
Be discriminate in choosing material objects. Not so much in who you share yourself with. That is always a two way street. I am astounded at the folks who need others to be lowered for themselves to feel just adequate. And of course they never do. The folks who won't take the time to get to know people regardless of religion, color, gender, natiuonality, gender choice, or social standing, or lack thereof miss lots wonderful people in groups they fear or hate. I was fortunate to not have those barriers in meeting and knowing lots of wonderful people some group as less and others as more than themselves. The important thing you took care of, you kept yourself in our lives. Thanks!

Star,
I was doing well and last week got my days and nights reversed again. I sleep within seconds of hitting the pillow tired or not. But dang it I stay up watching movies like ten year old thinking they will miss something. Not insomnia but more self indulgence. And snacking the whole time. Gotta get off that sugar. I hope your memorial day went well Star.

FG!
I have a trail in the woods here too. For my remaining pup and me. I have to get in there and do my spring trimming to keep the grapevines from taking over as well as the blackberry briars. Neither are to our liking and we don't can the grapes but could. They over grow any open space and then fall down requiring hours of overhead work I am not up to. But I did it last year so just need to get my tractor and blade and push them back into the edge of the woods. Enjoy the trails. Here in Louisiana they are overcome by "jungle" if not continually cleared and maintained.

PJ,
I was wondering the same thing when you asked! LOL! I never was a math person and only remember what I used after college. Good luck tho, sounds like you are on it!

Mags - Payments and Fees

Suze! Love hugs support and concern for you whatever it is.
How is school??

FBL!
Acck! Been so busy did not ask for the link to your show. Could you send it? I love the Hump day message! Don't, Stop!

IP,
Decide on school yet?

Least!!!
Good to see ya! Congrats kiddo! Yeah it does seem like yesterday when you, FBL, LaFemme, Murray, RZ, and a few folks I forget formed the 1 Year and over group. And I was posting my countdown to one year in the undies to be able to join y'all in the Overs. I celebrate 7 years sobriety this coming September, and 45 years married to the same woman. Jack looks great! We still have Maggie and she may be our last furkid until we know we aren't going to be traveling. I am most grateful for not being on guard for my DOC, ethanol, supply and always making sure I am never caught without a weeks worth of beers and wine.

Instant great to see you too!

FG sorry for your loss.

Hey again RZ!

Star,
"I won't feel tempted to drink if I go, it's more that going to events that are mainly alcohol focused just bore me to tears today. Drunks are really terrible conversationalists. I apologize to everyone whom had to hear me blather on for decades drunk. I have a card to play for a last minute out. It will probably be a last moment decision for me."
Perfectly said. When I was drinking I would wonder wjhy folks drifted out quietly starting at 8 pm. I always thought they were face jobbers sucking up only. Now I know they wanted to avoid us drunks.

GHD,
Your family pet is in good hands. I made a bad call by not having an operation done on my record breaking 14 year old Shar Pei, Bogart, whose pics are still on my website. We thought he would go before the tumor starting on his leg grew to be too much. I may have had a few more years with him and vice/versa. You will have the pride either way of doing all that could be done. Now make every day as if it is your last.

Mags,
Bets wishes today without prednisolone.

Whew! Caught up. If I missed anyone it wasn't for lack of trying.

We have had mid 80s-90s this past week with storms tearing up the country both above and below us, but splitting at the last minute to go both ways around us here. Tornados are way worse, the weather is weird world wide, and our lame excuse for a leader today withdrew from Paris Accords.
No more Poly-Ticks. Sorry just slipped out (axe orifice) and did not mean to offend.
I have my surgery next week and am not sure if I will do it. I have the best vision I have had in 40 years. But my near vision requires reading glasses for the very fine stuff. I can read fine as all my books are Kindle with type changes easy. We have a home theater instead of a living room and our UHD 65" screen is the perfect distance for me now.

Sassy after you let me know your guy messed up your perfect otherwise vision with Lasix, I am going to have a talk with my doc before we do it. He intends to do Lasix to bring my vision in closer and correcting a small astigmatism in my right eye. He intends to do both at once and the using PITA drops after lasix lasts only one week. The idea is to bring in my near vision without sacrificing long distance too much. But if we go through with it, and my vision is not as perfect in all but the smallest near vision tasks as now, I will wear out two pairs of kneecaps kicking myself in the arse!

Am selling my wife's car and giving her my new to us 2015 Hyundai with 30k miles. All my HHR needed to drive perfectly was new tires. I may finally do the flame on the front of it. Make it look hot rod custom from my generation.
Like this: http://jesda.com/wp-content/uploads/...03-9-15-10.jpg
Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-01-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Itchy, yeah - I hear you. For awhile I kept thinking that if found the "right" doc I could get my perfect vision back. It's now some years later and I'm perfectly happy that I decided to live with it as is. I've also learned that it's not a bad idea to make my eyes work a little harder trying to read without my readers. They say it can help keep my eyes from deteriorating further. It has worked well so far. My readers are 1.50 and apparently average for my age is over 3.00! Absolutely no regrets.

what I had were laser treatments to punch holes in the capsules, not Lasix to shape my lenses.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Itch- another Masterpiece- thanks. A guy has gotta have man-toys. Bright, bright, shinies..nuts,bolts, tools, boxes of useful crap (on a toddler TV show here- 'Playschool' they call this the useful box), BOXES OF REALLY IMPORTANT 'JUST IN CASE' USELESS CRAP....
The quality of the crap is proportional to the needs of the crap collecter- and is not effected by finances. Hope you health continues to improve and remain stable.
Thankyou for thinking of Australia as a first world country. In the realm of world politics and intrigue I think we rank up there as country mouse who came to the big smoke to visit city mouse. The kid at the party who no one can really remember the name of- except they all know he has a cool swimming pool and a very big sand pit.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
GHD,
Your family pet is in good hands. I made a bad call by not having an operation done on my record breaking 14 year old Shar Pei, Bogart, whose pics are still on my website. We thought he would go before the tumor starting on his leg grew to be too much. I may have had a few more years with him and vice/versa. You will have the pride either way of doing all that could be done. Now make every day as if it is your last.
I have made bad calls too. When it comes to pet healthcare, there is sometimes only a choice between a bad decision and a worse decision. I didn't try to overthink it this time, just went with the recommendation.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Great post itchy, all the best for the surgery next week, if you decide to go ahead with it.

PJ, you made me smile at your analogy.

GHD I remember a long while ago, the vet told my dad his beloved dog would have to lose her rear leg! He asked for a second opinion and turned out she had arthritis and her leg worked fine without pain just taking one tablet a day.

Hope it's a good Friday for everyone today. Sassy, it's that day, I leave early from work! Yaaayy.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just lost two posts, the original answers and now the one telling what the IT folks can do to fix the auto log out settings but the hell with it. I am disgusted for the night.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Mrs T has a have her blood checked today to see if she is well enough for round two of the chemo.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:54 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sending positive thoughts to you and Mrs T, Andy x
Old 06-02-2017, 01:09 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continued support and prayers Andy.

D