Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 02-27-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 131 days kevlarsjal..
Old 02-27-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Kevlarsjal, good to see you here! Congrats on day 131.

It seems to me that we are all getting to a place in sobriety where we're working on making ourselves better in other ways (cleaning house, therapy, healthy eating, working out, etc.). It's nice to be able to see my focus changing from just hanging on to sobriety by my fingernails to being able to start changing other things in my life. I don't want to go too fast and lose focus on sobriety (since it's the main goal right now). But, I also want to move on with life and focus on things I should have been doing the past 20 years.

My sister and niece were here for the weekend. It was the first sober time I've ever spent with my sister. We've always been great drinking buddies. She asked how sobriety was going for me and seemed interested in trying it out herself. She didn't even mention wanting to drink (which had been a big worry for me before her visit). We had such a good time together. Our conversations were deeper and I actually remembered all of them the next day.

It always feels good to get through another sober obstacle (family visit, etc.). But, I also find that I tend to be emotionally drained for a bit. It is so helpful to have this Nobenders group to talk to. I appreciate each of you so much. I do not think I would have made it this far without all of you. Thank You!
Old 02-27-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Rainy: so very true what you've written about finally being able to work on other aspects of our life.
I am so proud of us all, and give a big congratulations to those of you hitting the triple digit milestones! I will be joining you all next week!

I have been doing well with my exercise, cleaning, and, of course, not drinking. Next on my list is to conquer the sweet/sugar eating! I have NEVER been a sweet eater, but, alas, it has replaced the alcohol. I know this craving is normal after giving up alcohol, but I still want to end this daily intake.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

100 Days

Yes, I am proud of myself. And it feels really good to have something to be proud of, as I have been so down on myself lately. Wasn't expecting it, but my eyes glazed over with emotion when I looked at the number on my sobriety counter. Damn hormones!

I'm so grateful to be here on this journey with you all. Thank you for your support and sharing your stories. Thank you for being vulnerable, it makes me know that I am not alone in my struggle. Thank you for being strong, it makes me know that I can be too.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:50 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Old 02-28-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Really well done LadyShipWreck. I'm so proud of you. Xx
Old 02-28-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. All ok here. Husband is away for work and of course my immediate thought was 'While the cats away the mice can play!' Ridiculous I know. But that was the old me!!! No more. X
Youngest is home from school. Coughing and runny nose. Going to have a strep throat test done today.
Have a great day everybody. Thinking of you all. Xx
Old 02-28-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Congrats to Lady and others hitting milestones!

I've been sleeping like I'm a teenager...a lot. 10 hours last night, going to bed at 9pm! Don't get me wrong, sleep is good, but wow. I suppose it's better than drinking.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

hello all! Still here and Sober. Congrats LSW!! Triple numbers are a fine place to be.

Badge
Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Is it just me, or we like the best sober group ever!
Old 02-28-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning all.

We are starting to live life again, and I can remember where I put my keys . My organisational skills have improved and my sugar craves are lessening. Ate a big bag of lollies last night, must admit. Able now to be around others who may be drinking, so you are right rainy we are moving forward. Yay!

Congratulations on the exercise and diet Jillwink and the sugar craves do improve from what I've read around the board. Besides what's a little (!) sugar in the big scheme. It will pass, and we'll still be sober.

One hundred big ones Lady, my eyes glazed over too when reading your post. So grateful too, and your acknowledgement of us showing our vulnerability touched my heart.

I had a funny (not really) image of you Kimmy as a little drunk mouse playing while the cat was away. Trouble is it is no longer fun, and the cat always finds out in the end. And even moreso, WE know! Who wants to live like that! Good to see the word "ridiculous" included in your post. It's a hard one that, nothing to stop us but ourselves, and that's the best thing. Gaining control.

Wish I was sleeping like a teenager tnek. It's 3:30am here and can't sleep. Listening to some classical music on the radio. Nice, but wish I could sleep.

Visiting my Mum today in nursing home, and lunch with my daughter and granddaughter on Thursday. My little granddaughter is so proud of me.

Hiya badge and Poppy and howdy doodee Phoenix. Sober is good.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Greeting fellow Nobenders (love this word, so thanks to whoever invented it).
It's 4.30am here in QLD, we are an hour behind you Steely so according to me, you were up at 2.30am I too, still sleep irregular. Most nights I get a solid 7-8 hours and then sprinkled in, I am wide awake at 2.45am and think 'may as well get up and start my day'. I do looooove early mornings though. It's so quiet, I feel like I'm one of a select few who are lucky enough to enjoy the serenity of peace and tranquility before everyone rises and starts making noise. I'm probably a bit weird like that, never been one to sleep in late (even after a full on bender). 6am is a sleep in for me.
My sugar cravings have also settled down, but I have a sneaking suspicion they will come back in a few weeks when I am 'due'. TMI for the lads on here no doubt, the lasses will understand though haha.
Pretty sure I am on 110 days, haven't yet checked my counter app. Pretty sure the last time I went this long without the plonky poo was my teen years before I had any problems with addiction.
Life is pretty good at the moment, my memory is improving. Great to see that happening for other Nobenders
I have much more clarity and I am slowly accepting that I can actually put myself first and be somewhat selfish. Because of this my decision making is better. I am currently in the middle of making a pretty massive decision and whilst stressful, it's the first time I feel confident I will make the right one. Sounds a bit cryptic I know but more will be revealed in the next week or so. Don't want to jump the gun.
Anyhoo, congrats to everyone getting the days higher and higher, this class is doing wonderfully well and I am proud to be a part of this journey with all of you.
Have a rockin Wednesday peeps, you all deserve it and then some xoxo
Old 02-28-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN DAYS woot woot!!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good evening! How can you all get up this early?! If my alarm didn't wake me up I'd sleep all day long. I'm constantly tired, a bit like a teenager like tnek said. Although I've been like that even before getting sober, maybe I never outgrew my teenage years here.

Great to hear you had a nice and sober weekend with your sister, rainy! I liked what you said about now really being able to take care of our lifes again. But yes it has to happen slowly. If you make slower/smaller steps, chances you might fall are smaller too.

Jill wink: I've started to cut down massively on sugar, I try to stay under 25g per day now. I found it works best if I stay away from it during day and leave it to the evening. Cause once I started I can't stop. (Sounds strangely familiar) Actually I saw a very interesting documentary about how sugar effects the brain in a very similar way to alcohol and releases dopamine.

Well done Ladyshipwreck! Yes that's a real reason to be proud of yourself!

Kimmy, good that it's just a thought these days and not reality anymore. Doesn't it just feel so good not to be lying and hiding anymore?

Steely, I hope you have a nice time with your mum today!

Congrats on 111 days poppy! That's great How's your internet situation btw? I'm internetless too now... I switched providers this month and the new one should've started to work on the 22nd but it doesn't ofc. The old one should've worked until today but they turned it off last night... why does stuff like that never work the way it should?
I noticed too, that my memory and my brain in general perform much better again. In the first weeks I couldn't remember a thing and had terrible brain fog. I was so scared it could be permanent damage from drinking, so glad it's back to normal. Good luck with your decision making (sober decisions are the best anyway)!
Old 02-28-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Congratulations LSW!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone! Hope everyone is having a terrific week. JillWink... I agree, we are the best sober group ever!!

Steely... I hope you had a wonderful visit with your Mum. I often visited my Mom when she was in the nursing home. She counted on me to keep her company at least every other day. What I would give to see her one more time...

Lady... Great job on reaching 100 days!!!
Poppy... 111 days is such a cool number!! Great job!
Kevlarsjal... 131 days!! Wow!!

Kimmy... hope your little one feels better. Strep throat is so hard on kids.

Hi Badge, Phoenix, Tnek, and Rainy and anyone else I've missed.

Congrats to everyone piling up the days. I hit the 3 month mark today. Still have 8 days to reach triple digits, but I'm getting there. Sugar cravings have been pretty low this week. I'm thankful for that!!

Day #92
Old 02-28-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Afternoon all.

Just got in from visiting Mum and she looked lovely. Bought her a new cardigan and she really liked it, she is so frail, but can still squeeze a twinkle from her eye.

I am so very tired from big day travelling but have read each and all, and so good to see that all of us are making milestones that are not just the days .

Milestones of memory, confidence, assertiveness, actions, all. Only baby steps, but they are signs to me of crossing another invisible line, the antithesis of drunkenness, and where we take back our lives and lead lives as the good women we are.

Scary, but truly what I want for myself. And what I want for all of us. It could be so good. And all it takes is to decline alcohol under all circumstances. Not missing out on much
Old 02-28-2017, 09:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Congrats on 93 days Abriella
Old 02-28-2017, 10:32 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

When I said the good women we are are, you blokes/guys knew you were included too, hey? I'm a feminist, but not a separatist.

Also, to say that I do still get immobilised/paralysed, but found just now that when becoming frozen forced myself up and wrote a cover letter needed for the Department of Housing.

In envelope now, stamped and ready to go. It don't come naturally. That'd be good hey?
Old 02-28-2017, 11:26 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Ladyshipwreck, Kevlarsal Abreilla and Poppy on your special milestones

love to everyone

D