Old 02-28-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
kevlarsjal

Good evening! How can you all get up this early?! If my alarm didn't wake me up I'd sleep all day long. I'm constantly tired, a bit like a teenager like tnek said. Although I've been like that even before getting sober, maybe I never outgrew my teenage years here.

Great to hear you had a nice and sober weekend with your sister, rainy! I liked what you said about now really being able to take care of our lifes again. But yes it has to happen slowly. If you make slower/smaller steps, chances you might fall are smaller too.

Jill wink: I've started to cut down massively on sugar, I try to stay under 25g per day now. I found it works best if I stay away from it during day and leave it to the evening. Cause once I started I can't stop. (Sounds strangely familiar) Actually I saw a very interesting documentary about how sugar effects the brain in a very similar way to alcohol and releases dopamine.

Well done Ladyshipwreck! Yes that's a real reason to be proud of yourself!

Kimmy, good that it's just a thought these days and not reality anymore. Doesn't it just feel so good not to be lying and hiding anymore?

Steely, I hope you have a nice time with your mum today!

Congrats on 111 days poppy! That's great How's your internet situation btw? I'm internetless too now... I switched providers this month and the new one should've started to work on the 22nd but it doesn't ofc. The old one should've worked until today but they turned it off last night... why does stuff like that never work the way it should?
I noticed too, that my memory and my brain in general perform much better again. In the first weeks I couldn't remember a thing and had terrible brain fog. I was so scared it could be permanent damage from drinking, so glad it's back to normal. Good luck with your decision making (sober decisions are the best anyway)!