Old 02-27-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
rainypnw

Kevlarsjal, good to see you here! Congrats on day 131.

It seems to me that we are all getting to a place in sobriety where we're working on making ourselves better in other ways (cleaning house, therapy, healthy eating, working out, etc.). It's nice to be able to see my focus changing from just hanging on to sobriety by my fingernails to being able to start changing other things in my life. I don't want to go too fast and lose focus on sobriety (since it's the main goal right now). But, I also want to move on with life and focus on things I should have been doing the past 20 years.

My sister and niece were here for the weekend. It was the first sober time I've ever spent with my sister. We've always been great drinking buddies. She asked how sobriety was going for me and seemed interested in trying it out herself. She didn't even mention wanting to drink (which had been a big worry for me before her visit). We had such a good time together. Our conversations were deeper and I actually remembered all of them the next day.

It always feels good to get through another sober obstacle (family visit, etc.). But, I also find that I tend to be emotionally drained for a bit. It is so helpful to have this Nobenders group to talk to. I appreciate each of you so much. I do not think I would have made it this far without all of you. Thank You!