Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 02-23-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats LLG on your 31 days and your clarity of thought, and good luck with your studies!

I hope the cleaning goes well Poppy, Rainy, Steely and Jillwink!!

Well done on your 100 days Badger, well done us!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 12:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hello all, doing better after my little meltdown the other day, it did unfortunately bring my AV front and center again, being tired and on a crazy shift doesn't help either.
Haven't started our exercise program yet, hopefully by the first of the month.
November2017-we did it! 100 days and counting After the other day I wasn't to sure I would make it, but I couldnt let you or the rest of us Nobenders down. You are all an inspiration to me.

Badge
100 unbelievable days!
Old 02-23-2017, 12:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS BADGE
In fact congrats to everyone in this group. We are all doing awesome.
Who woulda thought life could be so much better without the plonky poo.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats badgerden and November152017

plonky poo

D
Old 02-23-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling with housework. Instead of feeling guilty because I'm not on top everything in 10 minutes flat, I now give myself permission to sit and relax in between. Smoko . (slang for a cup of tea and a smoke on the work site, usually blue collar workers).

You sound like you are going really well LLG. All of the good work with your son, and how well I understand the struggle with the inner narrative. So difficult to maintain change after years of negative self talk, and the lifestyle that promoted it.

The really great thing is that I am actually enjoying the challenges and grateful for any insight. Never thought that would happen. It's good to be sober.

Congrats on getting those 3 classes under your belt, and 31 Days up.

Enjoy the serial killer movie Poppy, and far out on your Zebra painting. Hope you can upload and post it. Get to know more about a person.

Accountability does help rainy. When I promised that my next post was going to describe how I'd actually cleaned kitchen, I was motivated to go do it, and I did! Breaks in between.

Rock on Nobenders.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi badge
Old 02-23-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I thought plonky poo was funny too Poppy.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Steely
Old 02-23-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Plonky IS poo.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Plonky poo!!

All the posts about cleaning makes me want to go home early and clean!! I love a sparkly kitchen too, but then again, lack of motivation has been my problem as well. Seems by the time I get home after work, change clothes, and make dinner, by the time I sit down to eat, I don't want to do anything else... Hopefully, with springtime right around the corner, my motivation will make a dramatic turnaround.

LSW... I hope you're feeling better today.

Congrats November and Badge on reaching triple digits!!

And... congrats to all of us. We're doing AWESOME!!

Day #87
Old 02-23-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Greetings Classmates, Nobenders et al. Checking in at 98 days (14 weeks) and still going strong. Two more days to the magic three figures.

My old work colleague and drinking buddy had to cancel our scheduled meeting at the pub, so temptation was not put in my way. We intend to reschedule though.

Clearly some of you are going through some tough times, but are still staying sober. Well done to you.......my struggle is nothing compared to what you are going through.

To all of you, I send my support. Keep keeping the faith........
Old 02-23-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Thanks Steely and Poppy and all!
Congrats badgerden woo 100!

No benders in the house lol
Old 02-23-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

LLG, congrats on 32 days and finishing your classes.

Badge and November, way to go on 100 days!!!

Hello to everyone else. I have cleaned my house from top to bottom today with the advice of setting a 15 minute timer and cleaning for 15 minutes at a time. I found that to be very helpful. It feels so good to have a clean house. I'll have to remember this feeling next week and do it again.

Poppy, I hope you find a way to post your art work. I would love to see it!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone and hope you are all well. X
My husband has been home sick from work since yesterday afternoon, so it has been hard to get five minutes to myself to post. Have been thinking of you all of course. X
Not much to report here. Just plodding along.
Huge hugs to you all. Xx
Old 02-23-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

What do you think about "Sober Housewives" as name for a new TV series? We are all doing so well with the housework seems like a natural progression . What we could make out of those 15 minute cleanathons could be really funny.

My kitchen isn't gleaming because I'm deep cleaning and chucking stuff, which takes additional time. I'm pleased with what I've achieved so far, and all out of the 15 minute rule.

I don't get as anxious doing it that way and produce a better job, because I'm not rushing trying to get everything done at once. Nice just to sit for smoko.

Well done on your 98 days Solly. I'm keeping the faith.

Plodding is nice Kimmy.

Nobenders live, OK!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good job, Steely on your clean kitchen! Time for me to get off my computer and put my words to action and get my house in order!
15 minutes, ready, set, go!!!!
Old 02-24-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

.....and in the background we could have "I Want to Break Free" playing. And then we could learn all the words

I'm getting a lot of filing done which feels good. Get some order back into my life. It was so chaotic.

Onwards Kimmy.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

^^^^ great idea Steely. Love it!!

I bet it does feel good to get order back in your life. I really need to "declutter" my house. I tend to be a hoarder and hold onto things much longer than I need to. Must work on that...

Right now I'm in a pissy mood. It's Friday afternoon here and only a few hours left in the workday, but BOTH coworkers that sit on each side of me went out for lunch together. It's a really nice Mexican restaurant, but now my workspace reeks of burritos and margaritas.
It's gonna be hard for me to keep my mouth shut this afternoon...

Sorry for the rant... I think it's time for me to meditate!!!

Day #88
Old 02-24-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning all..... I am going to have a wee rant if I may. Here goes....
We have been trying to get internet connected at our home since 28/10/16. Long story short, we are STILL waiting to get connected. Meant to happen this coming Monday afternoon now after I made a call to them yesterday to find out why it wasn't activated yesterday as it was meant to be done then. THEN.... and this is the kicker..... I get a text from the company at midnight advising connection has been rescheduled to 1/3/17. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE F..........
I just got off the phone with our prospective internet provider and had a screaming match with the ****! I won my main issue is how on earth this stupid woman thought it would be a good idea to try and defend her company when it is blatantly clear they dropped the ball so many times. Even while she was giving half ar$ed apologies she had this narky attitude which made me see red. A lovely crimson colour. Activation is now back to Monday (I won't be holding my breath though)
Suffice to say, I hung up on the little $hit and took some deep breathes. Bit calmer now. And the ombudsman has been brought into the fray so I WILL be getting free months of internet at the very least. Mark my words they will pay for this unprofessional run around we have been through going on 4 flipping months now.
Sooooo, on a great note, I didn't even think about wanting a drink. in fact, I am finding I am rarely thinking about drinking these days. Maybe because I am consumed with rage for a telecom provider lol.
Day 107 for mwah
Have a wonderful day peeps. I'm off to the beach xoxo
Old 02-25-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Apologies Classmates but I'm breaking a weekly routine of posting to celebrate my 100 days of sobriety. Looking forward to the next 100 days and onwards.

Congratulations to all of you reaching significant milestones this week. Remember to keep keeping the faith........