Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-03-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind compliments peeps means a lot.
My AV said hello to me twice today. One time I was walking past a bottle shop and bam "hey hello", then the second time I was on the phone to my mum and she suggested going to a restaurant (massive bar) and bam bam "helloooooooo?" Pi$$ off AV!
Both lasted all of a few seconds thank god.
Anyhoo, I am super tired and thinking about how comfortable my bed is so I will sign off and have a meeting with said bed lol.
Good night my awesome nobender friends xoxo
Old 03-03-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good morning my family. Freezing here today. -21 with the wind chill. Not looking forward to walking to my therapist today! Will have to swing by the op shop to warm up the day!!! I actually love to see my therapist she, just like you guys are my rock. Day 36. Feels like my days are so behind you all. But I'll get there.
So sorry for your loss Steely. That is truly sad. Thinking of you. Xx
Poppy your art is amazing. Love your pictures. X
Congratulations everybody on another 24. Xx
Old 03-03-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hello, friends. I am struggling and need to get back on the sobriety bus. I am working on getting a plan in place. Warm thoughts to all of you.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Don't worry about the amount of days Kimmy, 36 days is really amazing! And it's absolutely no competition. I like to think that it's the amount of sober days in the future that count, not the ones in the past. And most important is that we don't drink today.
I'm glad you found a good therapist that gives you lots of support. I'm already dreading to go back to mine next week.

Poppy thanks for sharing your artwork, I love the zebra painting! I don't know why there's still that cliché that alcohol makes your creativity flow, for me it turned out to be the opposite.
Well done for recognising your AV and not giving in. I think I forgot a bit about how cunning it is and when it comes back these days I feel a bit unprepared. Have a good meeting haha!

Rainy, no need to be jealous. I believe to think there's an artistic bone in all of us. It's mostly about the practise, like with most things

Badger, yes it's the complacency for me too. From day one I thought that would be the trickiest part about staying sober long term. I was lucky enough to never get to a stage with my drinking where I really hit rock bottom or lost something important to me. Like it was bad and I don't wanna ever continue to go down that road but it's easy to forget how bad it was and how hard especially early revovery is. My BF lost his relationship 4.5 years ago because of his drinking and found himself in a hospital detox. I'm very grateful nothing like that happened to me and I could go cold turkey at home but in one way an extreme situation like that might make it easier to not forget.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Thanks kevlarsjal. Love your posts. Take care.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

The weather's finally getting warmer here and it's sunny today. Makes me feel much better about myself and whatever I do, even if that's cleaning my place (Fridays are cleaning days).
I woke up with a cold this morning but it seems to have disappeared

Steely I hope you're okay!
Old 03-03-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi RainbowBird. I'm so sorry that you are struggling but you are doing the right thing for you right now to continue on this journey. You are in my thoughts and I am very proud of you for taking this step and you should be proud of yourself. Please stay in touch and let us know how you are. Huge hugs.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! Still here and still sober on Day #95. Some days are definitely better than others, but for the most part, I feel great. I'm looking forward to warmer weather and hopefully convincing my fat lazy dog to go on walks with me. Haha! Sweet little guy would rather lay on the couch all day.

Rainy... 100 Days!!!

Rainbowbird... I'm sorry you're struggling. Keep the faith and stick with us.

Poppy... Beautiful artwork. You are an amazing talented artist. I suck at that. Stick figures are about as good as it gets for me.

I've only had time to skim through a few posts and don't have time to respond to everyone else individually, but I want to give us all a big thumbs up for kicking the AV to the curb and keeping the sobriety going.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober day. Much love to all.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Rainbow, today (4am here) is the day for your entry to treatment .... 114 days ago was my day. I know you must be feeling scared and stressed and worried and antsy but please remember these feelings will leave you quickly. The worst part for me was driving up to the entrance with my mum. I made her stop at the bottom of the hill so I could take a few minutes to psych myself up, have a ciggie lol and mentally tell myself that I HAD to do this.
Walking through the front automatic doors was eye opening. But the staff at these places know how to treat new patients and I am sure they will put you at ease immediately.
I thought I would feel violated when they went through my bags but I didn't. They took my multi vitamins off me haha. I laughed, the nurse laughed too but said she had to.
May I suggest you take one of your pillows from home with you. And exercise wear, sneakers, shorts etc because this time you have will be more enjoyable if you can get daily exercise in (I would walk around the grounds of the hospital every morning and I have kept that new found habit up to this day). Exercise releases endorphins so the rest of the day I was just generally happier and more open to joining in on other activities.
They might have art therapy where you are going.... join in on that if you can. I was taught how to do basics with painting, jewellery making, drawing. Another activity that really helps me because I am not great at expressing my emotions verbally.
Take your smart phone or lap top or iPad so you can watch Netflix in your down time. And books, lots of books.
I was in for 3 weeks and read 3 books
You will meet some awesome people in the same position as you. So expect to make some new found friends.
Not sure how long you will be in there for but the only thing that I sort of got sick of was the food after the first week haha. It was decent, but repetitive. By my 3rd week I knew what was on the menu each day.
And one of the weird things for me was my psych was going to discharge me after the second week, I asked to stay another week because I didn't feel quite ready to leave my cocoon of rehab. I could have day release though and my hubby would bring my dogs up on visits which made it easier. Hopefully where you are going it works the same.
Just wanted to try and alleviate some of your worries as I vividly recall that first day and the anticipation Leading up to admission.
Sooooo, enjoy this time rainbow. It is really life changing and for the better
Hello to everyone else by the way. Early Saturday morning here and I am soaking up the stillness while the people in my neck of the world are still sleeping.
xoxo
Old 03-03-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Am feeling a bit down this morning following my cousin's funeral. It was pouring rain, mud all around the coffin, and very depressing.

The food and drink that followed were served in a dingy little bar that had no windows, and a ding-ed up pool table in the corner. Chuck me in the Alligator River and I'll be happy. A very sad affair talking with people I had not seen for years, and I am crap at small talk.

I was not tempted to drink, but did take note of how little other people drank. That was one good thing that came out of it.

I have read everyone's posts but do not have the wherewithal to say much more. We really are all doing so well, and that includes you Rainy, going into rehab demonstrates commitment, and that's all we're looking for round here as far as I can figure. I hope it goes really well for you.

I loved your paintings Poppy particularly the Zebra, and the tree branch. So much talent around this board no longer to be wasted. Great support you offered to Rainy. Come back Rainy, we love you.

As I say I am feeling depressed and will turn into a downer, so am going to try and pull myself out of it and further organise for my anticipated move. I've got that frozen feeling. Push on.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Awww Steely, sending virtual hugs down to you. Funerals are very sad indeed. I am going to one with my mum on Wednesday, I didn't know the woman who died but I am going to support mum.
I truly hope you find a bit of brightness today hun, but also know that you can withdraw for awhile and sit with your sadness, cry (let it all out) and try to do something nice for yourself. A bath maybe? Or some chocolate freckles
Chin up lovely, tomorrow you may find yourself feeling a wee bit better and so on
xoxo
Old 03-03-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do something nice for yourself today Steely

Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 03-03-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Thanks Poppy, thanks Dee. So long as I'm not drinking I'm ahead, but do wish I could tweak life just a little. I suppose that's what it's all about really.

I loved Lorax Dee.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

me too Steely

D
Old 03-03-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

SUPPORT and compassion to all
Old 03-03-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I meant to address Rainbow, rainy, in my earlier post. Apologies to you both.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

HEllo all

Well I'm struggling with depression. I'm determined to make an appointment to see someone. I even picked her out. Now hopefully I can muster the courage to call. If not I may ask my husband to do it for me even though it's embarrassing.

Also I am worried something is wrong with me physically. I sobbed for quite a while last night convinced I have some sort of disease or cancer. Hopefully I am being a hypochondriac. But I did call this morning to make an app to see a doctor. She didn't have anything available till mon which was actually a relief because I do not want to go. I just know I have to.

So my depression is fogging my mind and also taking away motivation. So housework is slipping which makes me more depressed. I haven't been on top of bills like I usually am and ended up with a late fee. Not because I couldn't afford it. There's no excuse.

Poor me, poor me, pour me a drink. That's not going to happen. But I know if I don't get myself right physically and especially mentally, it will make me vulnerable toward relapse.

Hoping this is just a funk. But it is certainly being drawn out.

Sorry to be a downer. I haven't been posting much because I don't have many positive vibes to offer as of late.

Hope everyone else is doing well and have a great weekend.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Lady, I am sorry you are in a funk. It does, indeed, sound like depression. When you go to your appointment, be honest about your concerns. You may in fact have a Chemical inbalance. Try to at least get outside for a walk in the fresh air. It does help.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Lady, thinking of you tonight. I'm glad that you made an appointment with the doctor to get things checked out. It is not a bad thing at all to have your husband call for an appointment to see someone about your depression. Talking to someone that understands will help so much (I'm speaking from experience!).

Steely, also thinking of you this evening. I'm sending you a big virtual hug. These kinds of things are emotionally draining. Take extra good care of yourself this coming week.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

So sorry your feeling down Steely and LadyShipWreck. I hope the grey sky's pass soon. Xxx Much love to you both. ❤️