Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 02-15-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome going you guys

D
Old 02-16-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Nice one Quitter. ..25 days more than me...it's great to feel sobRR for so long I think. ..it was all talk of beers again at work today bit I felt a.littlw bolder about saying I'm sober, even boastful of my 50 days...so it's all cool!
Biggest challenge next week...eek!!!
Old 02-16-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Enfin - my colleagues are always going on about drinking. We have a very young office (i'm older than most at 24!). One of the 18 year olds was going on about how he 'needed' to have a bottle of wine tonight with his meal. I'm in no position to get on my high horse at all, so mostly I just smile and nod, but its interesting that they're already at the full bottle stage at that age (as was I!). I actually told them I've not had a drink this year and have no plans to go back to it. They seemed very shocked at first, like it was a totally unheard of thing, but they didn't press me on it, and I've not been asked about it since. It actually felt kinda good to get it out there.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hello Decemberites,

Days are passing and the three months mark is now very close.
I don't have many cravings anymore but I'm still extremely cautious.

I know it will be a total disaster if I go for a few drinks to have fun with my drinking buddies "just for one night".
It will probably take me years to come back from that "one night".

My AV is still very active and try to tell me it would be ok to have a little fun without anybody knowing it if I don't tell (etc)
NO WAY dear AV, forget it!
I can lie to people but not to myself
Anyway, I love this new way of life I'm discovering every day.
I won't go back to the pain and suffering I was into before

I hope everybody is doing good, have a good weekend!
Big koala hug to all of you, we can make it
Old 02-16-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Administrator

It always comforted me to know I had the choice not to drink - if I never give in on that, I can stay sober and stay in the life I love

D
Old 02-17-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Rocky and glad you are doing so well.

Fantastic 50 days enfin, well done you!! Would you believe I'm learning how to crochet too? Last night I also sorted out my knitting bag that I haven't looked at since I was pregnant 5 years ago.

Understand that CK, not worth it at all.

Like Dee I look at it as a choice, in fact a relapse is not a relapse in my mind but my choice. That is totally within my power and my responsibility.

Still struggling a bit here but keeping on with things as best I can. Down but not out

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Crochet is ace... I did a hat! And now am on hat 2, love it... hope ing to crochet in stead of drink next week.on the trip!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I'm back! We got through the move successfully, and I've unpacked approximately .1% of our belongings. I will get there, some day.

64 days sober. It's been a rough couple of weeks, but I was able to work through the urges and triggers and stay on track. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Flippin awesome rayjay. .. well done indeed!!! And now u have many boxes to keep u occupied!!!
Old 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Just a quick check in for me today as i'm absolutely exhausted and off to bed soon.

RayJay - great to hear from you
Old 02-17-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hi Sober Peeps,

It was a beautiful day here today, and it's Friday, and on my way to this little shopping center after leaving work, the urge was definitely there. And I started to play with the idea of drinking in my head, and then I stopped myself out loud -- I don't remember what I said, but I spoke to myself -- and abruptly in the car.

That's a big key for me -- recognizing that it is not okay to even engage in that "will I or won't I" mental struggle. Because I can tell myself that thinking about drinking isn't drinking, but I know that for every second I allow my brain to move in that direction and "just" play with the idea of it, I increase the odds that I'm actually going to do it. Got to nip it in the bud as Barney Fife would say.

So, 67(?) days today, I think. I still have that feeling that I'm eventually going to give in, but at least for now I'm just taking the urges as they come and JUST SAYING NO.

Kudos to the rest of you keeping on putting one foot in front of the other.

WE ARE DOING THIS.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Happy to see you RayJay, MeSoSober and rockyMTNrider

A bit belated...
BRAVO FOR 2 MONTHS TO RAYJAY AND MESOSOBER!
Old 02-18-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

How do you do that CK .... love the fireworks and we'll deserved for the 2 month Mark! ! I got to go.on till 27th Feb for mine, but thays only a week and 2 days away, wow...weeks so close actually! !!!

Hope u well CK.... the bar thing is not a good idea is it ... even thought I have to go with work next week on this field trip, I won't drink as it's not the usual thing and I asked for help on here and have a few good ideas to keep me on track.

I defo could.not goto my regular pubs with all the local drinkers and they drink tonnes and don't care, that would get me in the end and the AV would sway me. .....

Sober time is becoming much more fun and alluring as I settlement in to it, don't u think???

Happy weekend lovelies! !! X
Old 02-18-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

MeSo. ..its great work to give yourself a talking to, you are after all the one with your best interests at heart and the only one who can help you! Well.done...67 days is flippin awesome....
Old 02-18-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

BBB, it's nuts how they all chat about it at work I find... but I'm starting to let people know...feels like I'm leaving the gang but who cares! My colleagues are 28 - 45.ish... so.older..

Wish I had seen the benefits of giving up at 24... I would have had nearly 20 years of sobriety, imagine what I could have achieved, how much more money and how many less awful, shameful memories! I'm proud of you even thought we've never met! Awesome. ....

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-18-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Awwwww, CK and enfin -- love you guys. Thank you! CK, huge congrats on approaching that three-month mark. That's big time! And enfin, it's great that you're feeling so proud of your sobriety. Pride beats the heck out of shame, doesn't it?

It really does make a difference, my posting here and having you guys. Even when I don't post as often as I should, I KNOW that being here and being a member of this group at all makes me feel more accountable, and it absolutely helps prevent me from caving in to urges. I feel it every time I get an urge.

I was tidying up my bedroom this morning, and some of what I was tidying up were empty bottles -- OF SPARKLING WATER!! I've kinda developed a minor addiction to Sparkling Ice. Especially the orange mango flavor. But it was nice to be cleaning up a couple of those instead of half a dozen vodka bottles. Oy.

RayJay, hope you can enjoy the unpacking and settling in. Moving STINKS, but I always loved the nesting and decorating part after all the boxes were actually in the new place.

BBB -- you sound rock solid. Good on ya.

quitter, rocky, and chloerose, you guys sound great. I'll keep checking in if you will!

Capricallia, you're going great. I still have those feelings of wanting to drink sometimes and shut my brain down, but those urges invariably pass, and it's almost certain that if I gave in to them, the drinking would NOT stop at one night, and the consequences would NOT stop at just feeling ashamed or physically ill for a while. No, the consequences would likely be far worse and longer lasting. I'm just saying NO to going through all of that again.

So I now feel stronger for having posted here, which is part of the point, right? Along with helping each other. GROUP HUG!

Hope you all have a fabulous sober weekend!
Old 02-18-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

orange mango- awesome, seismic, rad.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
orange mango- awesome, seismic, rad.
Yes, and very tasty!

How are you doing today PhoenixJ? I saw a post of yours in my old group, the March 2013ers. I need to pop back in there and say hello. That's a quality crew.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Enfin, oh yes, there is much to keep me occupied. Unfortunately, there is also Netflix and my laptop. I'm doing the unpacking in shifts.

BBB, thanks, it's nice to be back. Having a routine helps me so much.

Thanks CK! I still can't quite believe that I passed that 2 month mark.

MeSo, I can't wait to get to that point. I think the husband is dreading it though, as I have my heart set on shopping!

Happy sober Saturday, everyone. Make it a good one.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
MeSo, I can't wait to get to that point. I think the husband is dreading it though, as I have my heart set on shopping!
Well, maybe you could spare him a little agony doing some of your shopping online which is also a lot of fun! When I moved into this apartment last year I got a rug online and just this morning I've been shopping for botanical prints online. I like store shopping as well, but it's hard to beat the limitless options on the internet.

Either way, have fun!