Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 02-22-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Enfin!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

GO ENFIN GO!

You are doing great -- and we know you'll keep doing great.

Just checking in quick quick to say that while drinking crosses my mind pretty frequently, the urges are not usually strong and I am STAYING SOBER. It's day 72 maybe?

Like Dory says, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming . . ."

Have a great day everyone. Know your own strength and use it! Thank you for helping me stay sober.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hi all...
Car wasn't ready but I had to take it from mechanic to go see new GC in NICU & see my other GC during a supervised visit with mother at social service office. On my trip down (80 miles) NICU calls me to say GC had "cardiac episode". Get there, he looks fine but being transporting to Boston. Hold him waiting for transport team. Call social worker & beg to wait 15 minutes due to the emergency. Hop back in car & drive to office. Get to see GC for 5 minutes. Good news is I can take him unsupervised for my visit next week. Take daughter to lunch to tell her what's happening with her newborn son. She seems OK. Ask her if she wants to go into Boston with me. No, she'll wait. Hmmmm (her & paternal GPs live 5 miles from 1st hospital & I think visited 3x) So off I go to Boston, picked up a friend along the way. Baby is settled in. I snuggle & feed him. Back to friends house to sleep. 2 more "episodes" during the night. Leave at 5a to get back up here to drop car off with mechanic & do SOMETHING with this house. Was supposed to start foster care classes this weekend....Cardiac team meeting today...they'll call me later with update.

Sure couldn't do all this while drinking! Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Evening all. Quick check in from me. All is still going pretty smoothly. No close calls or anything like that, just trucking along nicely. I'm starting to think about maybe going away for a week somewhere in the summer. I love city holidays, so maybe visit a few cities in Germany. I need a break from bloody England!

Enfin - wow! You are absolutely killing it. Have you had any time to look around Reykjavik? It's meant to be a beautiful place, I'd love to go.

Koala - I'm slowly getting fitter yes! I used to be able to do 30 miles no problem, but I was completely exhausted after Sunday's ride. It's all good progress though. That trail from Edinburgh looks great, I will look into doing that for sure! The place we were looking to go primarily would be Glentress. It's pretty much mountain bike Mecca!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Rough times here Class! Hope I can hang but don't know. Family troubles. Ready to jump ship. Thought you should know.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you don;t have to leave SR, if thats what you mean Quitter.

D
Old 02-22-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Long story that I shall spare you from. I am back from the cliff. Came close to drinking over it but heading back home.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Quitter- post, go to a meeting. Do not drink- it just makes everything much worse.
Pebs- remember to look after your physical and emotional well being in these turbulent times. BIG triggers.
Take care. PJ
Old 02-23-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Rough times Quitter?

First thing first : do not drink over whatever is pi**ing you off.
It won't make anything better.
Post here anytime, let yourself go on the keyboard, ventilate that anger / pain out of you.

Your HALTS red lights are flashing?
Take a few minutes to meditate and take some distance from what is bugging you.
It will bring all these lights on your life dashboard back to green.

Close to 3 months mon ami, come on!
We can make it!
Old 02-23-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Well done Quitter. .... just breathe and don't act on the urge.... more breathing... more not acting or moving and you beat the dam thing with a big stick in your head.. you CAN do it... each time u get though something sober you win...and next time it's easier coz you didn't the last. .. thinking of you
Old 02-23-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Another sober night in Iceland folks. . 1st sober birthday since I was 17 I reakon !!!! My party games went down really well and occupied everyone till 11 pm. ..then staff had a few beers and I had tea! No questions anymore.... it's good! 10 inches of snow this morning so v pretty too..... thanks for birthday wishes, it means a lot ... peace and love to you all x
Old 02-23-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Old 02-23-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hello, everyone!
Old 02-23-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

82 Days, still ALIVE.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

82 days is such a great achievement. ...is the thing what's troubling you something we can help you with. .... I find its great to talk about it on here and it stops me.... like right now I'm in a hotel room in my own with a free bottle of wine and a minibar and a balcony. .. last year I drank the wine. ... and didn't log on here... this year im on here and won't drink the wine! Posting on here makes me accountable for my actions I find. .... tonight is the hardest night of the trip with a party downstairs in the hotel bar too. Drink is everywhere! It becomes so in your face if you don't want it.
Sorry for rambling. ... much love and light to you all x
Old 02-23-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Helloooo Chloe!

Way to go Quitter and Enfin!

We CAN make it!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy bday again enfin

Have a great sober weekend guys

D
Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

These mild winter days are doing a bit of a number on me. When the weather is perfect the way it was today -- in FEBRUARY -- something about that just makes me think how much MORE perfect it would be with a nice buzz on. I was living with my sister last year at this time -- living with her as a direct result of drinking -- and I would sit on her back deck and drink cheap wine as the sun went down.

And just typing that bit about living with my sister because of my drinking was a nice reality-slap in the face.

So no drinking still. One day at a time.

Enfin you are doing sooooo well. A great birthday gift to yourself!

You too, quitter62. You typed that earlier post fearing that you might drink, and that made me think about all the times I could've reached out like that for help not drinking -- and didn't. Good on you.

Pebbles, you obviously have a lot on your plate, girlfriend, but it must be a relief to be able to deal with it sober. You're doing a great job!

ChloeRose, Canadian Koala, BBB, PhoenixJ and the rest of you, good job and thanks for being here.

I'm going to sign up for another sober 24 hours, RIGHT NOW.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

My flight is at 4.15 in predicted 79mph winds.... roads are closed, schools closed and all excursions cancelled due to weather. ..how am I going to get onto the plane??? Panicking now....
Old 02-24-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the weather abates a little enfin

D