View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
MeSoSober

Awwwww, CK and enfin -- love you guys. Thank you! CK, huge congrats on approaching that three-month mark. That's big time! And enfin, it's great that you're feeling so proud of your sobriety. Pride beats the heck out of shame, doesn't it?

It really does make a difference, my posting here and having you guys. Even when I don't post as often as I should, I KNOW that being here and being a member of this group at all makes me feel more accountable, and it absolutely helps prevent me from caving in to urges. I feel it every time I get an urge.

I was tidying up my bedroom this morning, and some of what I was tidying up were empty bottles -- OF SPARKLING WATER!! I've kinda developed a minor addiction to Sparkling Ice. Especially the orange mango flavor. But it was nice to be cleaning up a couple of those instead of half a dozen vodka bottles. Oy.

RayJay, hope you can enjoy the unpacking and settling in. Moving STINKS, but I always loved the nesting and decorating part after all the boxes were actually in the new place.

BBB -- you sound rock solid. Good on ya.

quitter, rocky, and chloerose, you guys sound great. I'll keep checking in if you will!

Capricallia, you're going great. I still have those feelings of wanting to drink sometimes and shut my brain down, but those urges invariably pass, and it's almost certain that if I gave in to them, the drinking would NOT stop at one night, and the consequences would NOT stop at just feeling ashamed or physically ill for a while. No, the consequences would likely be far worse and longer lasting. I'm just saying NO to going through all of that again.

So I now feel stronger for having posted here, which is part of the point, right? Along with helping each other. GROUP HUG!

Hope you all have a fabulous sober weekend!