Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 01-02-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Hi all and happy belated New Year. I'm in (rainy) San Fran today. I must've passed on a hundred drinks by now. Feels OK. I miss it sometimes, won't lie.

Friends and family are wondering, but so it goes. We were out last night and my wife actually handed me the drink menu. Uh, no thanks. Not sure what she was thinking just then. Trying to help me look normal??

Happy BD Keets. I'll be looking for the famous Red masked Parakeets of San Fran this morning.

I can't type on these tiny screens so I'll keep it short. All my best to the Marchers. Next stop Silicon Valley (ugh) then up along the coast.

Love to you all.
Hey Pelagic! Can you just tell your friends and family you don't drink anymore?
Old 01-02-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone, Happy New Year! It feels good to be starting a fresh, new year. Spent most of today taking down our dead tree. It's always so depressing taking down Xmas decorations, but, honestly, a part of me is kind of glad the holidays are over.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. Off to make our traditional New Years dinner of pork and sauerkraut
ALL of me is glad the holidays are over!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Keets!

Well...I'm gonna hop off here and get my day started. It's almost noon! Lol.

I'm also gonna just stay logged in here all the time because it's a pain in the arse to keep logging in. Ha. I wish they still had the App....

Have a great day everyone!

Day 3
Old 01-02-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Kiki, I meant to say earlier that I am so glad you are back with us! You were missed and you are never alone in this struggle.

AK, it is the last day of vacation for everyone here, too. Nobody wants to go back go school/work, but, yes, it will be nice to get back to a routine.

Will post more later ... my 2 year old keeps trying to grab my phone!!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I have just realised that I am so important not one knows it- not even me. Must be all this sobriety- apparently it is catchy.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I have just realised that I am so important not one knows it- not even me. Must be all this sobriety- apparently it is catchy.
I know. You help keep me sober every day. Also, you make me smile every day.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

Well I fell off the wagon and it drug me around for a couple of months. It got so bad I was starting to feel suicidal. About 4 nights ago I finally confessed it all to my husband. He didn't know the extent of it all. I had been trying to get sober in secret when I was "trying" though looking at it now I know it was only half heartedly trying. For the first time in so long I can't remember, I finally feel at peace. Once I told him, I felt like the world had been lifted off my shoulders.

Now I don't feel like I'm quitting drinking but starting to heal. I guess I finally got to that place where living in that hell was worse than accepting the truth.

Day 2
Old 01-02-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Marchers!

Keets - Sorry you are going through so much right now. Glad you are keeping persepctive.

Bobbie - Congrats as always on kicking ass in sobriety! You are an inspiration to this class.

Kiki - Glad to see you!

Peaceful Rain - Good for you for talking to hubby. Must have been hard, but sounds like it was worth pushing through the fear.

My holiday madness is officially over, my folks left this morning after staying with me for 5 days. I got the crud again right after Christmas, and am still on the mend from that. Wasn't successful over the holidays, but part of me knew I wouldn't be. All the poison is gone from my house though. Fresh start.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

PR- so glad you are here. I know exactly what you mean by the burden being lifted. So happy for your day 2.

CH - 2017 is waiting for you to rock it!
Old 01-02-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I don't know if you guys remember me talking about my sister. I suspected she has the same problem. Well on the 30th she started texting me and I could tell she was drunk. On NYE they came over and she had this headband thing on her head, not her style at all but I didn't think anything of it until I saw what she was hiding. She fell (and doesn't remember it) the night before and had this 1 1/2 inch I guess rug burn on her forehead.

I've heard stuff from my brother and oldest child about how she gets crazy drunk and out of control. We all have gotten drunk dials and texts from her. There is no doubt in my mind she has a problem. I hope she can pull herself out. 😢 It makes me feel SO bad for my husband for having to watch my drunkenness. I'm sure everyday he was wondering if he was coming home to drunk or sober wife and if she was drunk was she playful or ready to fight.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Congrats on talking with your hubby PR. Something I need to do someday.

Good to see you CH!

Hi PJ! Hi Bobbie!

Nerd alert - just saw Rogue One and it was awesome.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Good afternoon I hope everyone had a good New Years. I am defiantly ready for my kids to go back to school tomorrow. I'm going to hit some trails and get some fresh air all to myself. Had an ok birthday yesterday, had and an ice cream Sunday to celebrate. Sober and going strong

This year my motto is
The fears that come with not knowing are always much worse than the reality of knowing.
I'm diving into the new year with a positive attitude.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hey PeacefulRain and ClearlyHeaded! So good to see you!

Well I made it through the day.....it went fine, as far as I know. If not, I'll be sure to hear about it!

I might chill with a movie and work on cross-stitch for the evening. Thanks everyone for another sober day!
Old 01-02-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hello sobriety.COM people. Finished off self reflection from hell stuff from counsellor. Voluntary and required brutal honesty. From the cradle until now- every significant event, thought, feeling and action that moulded who I am. The point being to relive those moments- including the pain, fear, dread- whatever BUT with an observer's eye dealing with that stuff with balanced, NOW feelings. Took about 14 hours and 21 pages (did it all aonce- to keep the momentum). Worthwhile. Have a good, sober day sisters and brothers.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight.....just finished a cup of Birthday Cake tea and all I can say is wow!! It was yummy!!

Hey Kiki - welcome back!! You have been missed!!!

PJ - You're certainly important to me - I am so glad you are here and you continue to amaze me every day

PR - nice to see you - you sound so strong! And good for you for talking to your husband....not an easy thing that's for sure.

CH - fresh starts are good....2017 is going to be our year!

AK -I think DH and I are going to see Rogue One this week-end...looking forward to seeing it!

Keets - love the motto!!

Hey Purplrks! Hope you're having a good evening!

Well I am off to maybe read or watch a movie....love you guys!!
Old 01-02-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Have your self a merry little day/evening/morning/afternoon/night
Sam.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Guys, It's really my hope that this is the year any Marchers struggling will find whatever it is you need to make your recovery permanent.

It'll be a great thing to look back on this time next year

D
I don’t know why this kicked me so much, but it did. It wasn’t intended to do so, but it did. I can only assume it’s my dissatisfaction with the lack of progress. The new year is when I intended to move beyond the bs. Sure, my addiction isn’t so bad said everyone addicted ever. I haven’t had many of the consequences that others have but those are coming. This is not some game. I have to stop and though I’m working on it, I’m not putting in enough effort to really make it happen. On that score, I want to sincerely apologize to all here who are doing the work. You are awesome.

I am flawed and failed, but never giving up. You’ve all shown me that the wherewithal within you might also be within me. It’s that I seek. Thank you for giving hope.

Welcome back, Kiki.

Hi Ladybug.

PJ, you’re PJ. An incredible individual who helps inspire.

Bobbie, you’ve been so kind to me. I appreciate the support and faith. Someday I’ll be worthy of that.

Good to see you, PR. It sounds like you’re in a better place. That’s all I could ask for you.

CH: Sisu. You and me both.

I don’t know your hubby AK, but maybe he’s concerned? As such, maybe talking to him might put his mind at ease but more importantly let him know how to give you needed support?

I’m all for the positive attitude Keets, even if it isn’t my strong suit. Still with it and be happy. You deserve that.

Nice work, Purp. Keep it going and soon you’ll have a full blown streak.

Sam, just keep it real as you always do. You’re a rock whether you know it or not.

I’ve missed folks and I’m sorry for that, but I wish you all the good that sobriety gives.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

13th- not satisfied, addiction, flawed, Jeez you sound human. You know that condition was are all infected with. No you did not fail. you would have to really want to fail to do that properly. Keep going, finding answers. Perhaps the deadly cycle could be broken if you approach to this stuff is changed a bit. What can you do that you have not done before-AA, SMART, a therapist, church, exercise, art, walking- whatever? Keep sharing and don't apologise. Maybe to yourself- but no judgements here. You obviously deserve better for you. Strength in unity.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Thirteenth you've been on my mind since I read your post from yesterday. You describe yourself as flawed and failed....flawed yes, I get that....but which one of us isn't? But failed, that's another story completely. Let me tell you a little about what I have come to know about you...

When I struggle you are one of the first people to reach out to me and encourage me and lift me up. You may give in on occasion but you have never given up. You post here and you expose yourself and your vulnerabilities even when you are having a hard time (this is when most of us disappear) And you have been through a hell of a time in your life and yet you are nurturing, caring and loving when you probably should be anything but.

Thirteenth - you and I are cut from the same cloth....and while we can not change the past what I am learning is that we can take some of our power back and change our future. I know that right now you still hold the belief that you are undeserving and unlovable but that's not true. You are completely deserving, you are worthy, you are loved and you are an incredible human being that I am very lucky to consider a friend.

Please look in the mirror today....look into your own eyes and try to see what is hiding there under all the pain....I think you'll be pleasantly surprised....

Love you
Old 01-03-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Good morning class - a rainy but mild day here. Feeling a little sad....no sad isn't the right word...raw....feeling a little raw today. I didn't sleep well and then when I did sleep there were the nightmares....weird because I haven't had them in quite a while...obviously something triggered them I guess. But I am feeling proud for just working through them instead of numbing them...I guess that's progress right?

Plan for today is some meditation, some time outdoors and some exercise.....what are you guys up to today?