Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 01-07-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Dee- thank you- I WILL TRY.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hello Marcher's over quiet waters. Well b-day nearly over. The world did not finish. A milestone in so far as it is my first every sober b-day. I was so very weary- slept a lot- and dreamed for the first time in at least 10 years- excluding the NDE bit. All about family- not bad- weird. Troubled sort of a day. Knew enough to accept emotions and not catastrophise over it. No nothing from family, which I do not even expect, just know. Did several 'letters' to people from my past, what I would say now- about a situation from the past. So I did 2, one with one of my son's and one with my deceased bro. Both required me to respond in kind - to be the other person. Quite a crud experience all round. Oh well- I do what is suggested of me- because I will squeeze every opportunity to grow I can. At present it all seems 'so what' information, but who knows? I do feel sick now and very quiet. Doing another art piece.
The guy here- whose art I completed for to encourage them to be more active in their recovery at least likes it, the colors and the intent of my efforts. Whether it does help- again, who knows?

Thoughts and prayers for all you colonists in the next 2 weeks- bound to be a little jittery in the ol' capital me thinks.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Good morning class! Well it snowed here overnight and it's beautiful out

DH and DD both work all day today, meanings it's just me and Charlie...which I am kind of looking forward to. Alone time used to be so hard for me but I'm learning to actually enjoy it.

DH went out with his brother and some friends last night and came home pretty drunk.....should be a long day for him today. Serves as a good reminder for me....mornings suck when you drink the night before.

Well off to find some startin' fluid...how's everyone else this morning??
Old 01-08-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

PJ - I have said it before and I will say it again...you are amazing and inspiring. My therapist (who I haven't seen in a while) always recommended writing letters as a part of my healing path and I always deemed it too difficult...well it may be something I try now. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

? just did part 3 of this crud. Writing down dreams to share with the G &PA.
Nothing bad, but I see no real sense in it- but I am doing all I can to learn. Hard to explain to a fish what water is- if they live in it and have no outside concept. Ugh. Feel worse now- who wants to share their dreams? No creepy weird stuff- just imagery.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Ugh sooo tired! I "slept" in my sons bed last night....good lord that bed stinks compared to mine! I have a tempur-pedic. I think I might be a life long customer now. He has sheets from a disney movie and they felt like sandpaper. I am taking the couch tonight!

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday! Its a Netflix day here!
Old 01-08-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Marchers!

Rough start to today. I lost my temper early on with DD as she was being impatient about me making pancakes for breakfast. Stupid to lose my temper over. Was feeling really out of it either from the crud or PAWS, or both, and I sort of snapped. Everything is fine now though. Emotions seem to be on a tripwire and hard to stay on top of.

Finishing up my super vitamin c juice smoothie and jumping in the shower. Then taking DD to the mall to wander around and see Sing. Should be a nice Sunday. She's back to school on Tuesday...she and I both are looking forward to break being DONE!
Old 01-08-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

PR - I hope the couch is comfier tonight (well as comfy as a couch can be I guess...) How's hubby feeling?

CH - that sounds like a great afternoon - enjoy
Old 01-08-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Something Different

https://video.search.*****.com/searc...03&action=view
Old 01-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXZ_cxh1h-4
Old 01-08-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I love you guys SOOOO MUCH! OK ~ whens the next concert?!? GO!
Old 01-08-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in. Today has kind of been a tough day. There was so much I wanted to get done and it didn't happen. My little one has a fever again and her cough is getting worse. Had some cravings earlier, but with the help of some great gals here I was able to work through them. I know I will be grateful tomorrow waking up to day 9 instead of day 1. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Love you all!
Old 01-08-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Well my daughter is seeing Ariana Grande in March...not sure if that qualifies as music, let alone a concert

LB - great job!! Woot!! Hope babybug feels better soon
Old 01-08-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Much cooler today. Hope all are all good.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

LB well done. Day 9 will feel so much better!

Hoping for early bedtime and a little bit of the Golden Globes and chocolate ice cream.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Final check in for the night. Had a decent day today but I still struggle with too much time alone with my own thoughts. I try to fill the space with positive things like meditation, reading, yoga...but sometimes the overwhelming sadness still comes. Tonight I am trying to just breathe through the feelings....no thoughts of drinking thankfully but I know that they are never too far away. Hoping to wake up tomorrow and feel better. Love you guys
Old 01-08-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Go Ladybug2 on nine days! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 01-08-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

LB - Great job working through those cravings. Hope you little one is better soon.

Sam - So sorry you're feeling down. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Purple - No concerts on the horizon, but I've been listening to Twenty One Pilots a lot lately. Although they are not a Christian band, both band members were raised with strong religious backgrounds which influences the song writing. I'm not religious, but I identify with the music... a lot of the messages translate pretty well to recovery, and a lot of the songs deal with overtones of mental health struggles. Plus it's really well written lyrically as well as musically. Loving them right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92XVwY54h5k
Old 01-08-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Sam- remember that HALT stuff. Weariness can often manifest itself when also feeling hungry- or eating crap 9which I do) or not enough worta and took much coffee (yep).
Old 01-08-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a great evening. Great job, Ladybug. Hugs, Samantha. I like 21 Pilots, CH. what's your next concert, Purple?
Hey, Upstairs! How's the snow? Hope you have a peaceful day, Phoenix.

Finishing a book here. It's been a really quiet weekend.