Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 12-29-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hola Marchers! Just checking in. I'm taking the day off to take the dog to the vet. He's been been lethargic and not eating like normal since Monday. I hope we can get him to his normal bouncing off of walls self soon.

I am finding cutting back on food this week hasn't been as bad as I thought. I'm still crazy hungry at times but I can ignore it. I really think working recovery has helped my willpower in this regard. If I could stand feeling irritable and uncomfortable from getting sober for months on end, I can stand to be hungry for a few months. Then I'll prolly pig out all over again. Anyways, stay sober my friends!
Old 12-29-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good afternoon
Yesterday I didn't drink and I'm not drinking right now. For some reason I I'm ok right now I don't want to drink. Every day I feel better and better minus being sore from the gym lol. I have to go back and see when I drank last it I think it's been 2 weeks?
Old 12-29-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hey folks!! Checking in! This week between Christmas and New Years feels like the Twilight Zone....I never know what day it is!! Can not wait to ring in 2017 and get back to some sense of normalcy...

Good day today - handled a work outing and didn't drink even though most people were. Funny thing I always notice when in these types of social situations....I am always so worried about what everyone will say or think when I say no to a drink....but you know what....no one cares....lol. I am the only one obsessing about it...

PJ - I just had a delicious cup of Banana Nut Bread tea.....that's as weird as it gets. Although I did receive a box of tea-infused chocolates tonight....that's different...

Well off I go - sleep well and sweet dreams!!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I hope your pup is okay, Upstairs! Trying to start eating healthy here as well.....hopefully that on top of being sober won't send my body into shock! Lol

Great job making it through the gathering Sam! I've been feeling the same way - anxiety about not drinking around others. For some reason I find it easier to be sober by myself. Once I know I'll be hanging around family or friends, my AV jumps in....even though those people would rather I be sober....weird.....I definitely have some issues!

Just got back from drum therapy...definitely need to make time for myself to practice. I keep hearing that word.....maybe I should practice practice.....

Well I was going to try and read or something but I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed at the moment...trying to do too many things at once. Maybe I'll take it easy for the evening and find a stupid movie to fall asleep to.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Phoenix that's exciting! Let us know how the interview goes - glad we are here to share your new adventure with ya!

(oh crap I didn't realize the pic I posted earlier was so huge....sorry 'bout that!)
Old 12-29-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Well the GPA has been back and forth collecting info. She told me my review is up and was determined to finish it today (being last Friday of '16 today).
Getting very good feedback. She also railroaded through about 5 weeks of homework 'to do ' stuff. Almost like- time is running out and I want you to keep growing, so here it is!'. These last few days I have been incredibly tired 9emotionally?0. Not gibbering or wallowing- but so tired. I put it down to Xmas/NYE/B-day- no family 9first time in whole life) and no alcohol (first time in adult life). No thoughts of drinking or doing dumb stuff- but very flat. Also the finalisation of 'D'D is looming. Which logistically means moving stuff- my stuff from the family home (where I have not been since the burns) and finding a place to store it. My next move is a small flat setup- furnished- for about another 6 months or so- then my own permanent place. Not obsessing about it- but I know it is coming. I have a raging need to always do, achieve, measure success. Not always poss. So here I am contemplating my navel (still have one of those).
Old 12-30-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its been pretty hot down there PJ - that zaps energy wen you're not used to it.
Hopefully a cool change is on the way and you;ll feel more energised.

D
Old 12-30-2016, 03:30 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good morning all!!

Upstairs - hope your dog is okay!

Purplrks - I hear you on the overwhelmed...definately a trigger...I find lists help and there is something therapeutic about crossing things off the list when they're compete. Stick close ❤

Keets - two week is awesome!! I haven't been counting this time around either...trying to focus on the progress which for me isn't always in a number

PJ - take it easy and be gentle with yourself.....this time of year can be so hard. Hugs ❤

Hi Dee!! It's definately not hot here....and I am not complaining - I love snow - but a little sunshine wouldn't hurt

Well we are getting closer to New Years - what's everyone planning? Anyone have any tip, tricks, or techniques to staying sober? I think I will be okay...just a quiet night at home planned with a 7am start time at work the next day

I hope everyone has a great day! And if you haven't checked in lately please do...we are here and we love you!! ❤❤
Old 12-30-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Dee- I am always energised by your word of wisdom, I just let it be.......haha
Guru- hello. What tea today? Sponge cake? I am laying low (again) for NYE- tomorrow night here, 2217 Friday here. The loonies aren not keeping on the path- already signs of weirdity starting. 'I'm gonna get fit- I have my plan and I am gonna go the the gym and gonna...' First thing- buy expensive accessories like weights gloves, protein poweder and have raw egg drinks. Some one here- not me. I predict- given his cycle- Jan 2. Others are giving up smoking 9after NYE), gambling, drinking (?) and drug use. One guy is doing well- he now focuses on sex with addicts. So staying under the radar. The staff hgere are running a trivia quiz night- which I will force myself to join in on. Eat decadent cookies 9with dark choc0 and watch D grade sci-fi. And post here every 90 seconds. Watching Avatar now. Good movie- oh yea- the lead guy is an 'STRALYAN . Am also frantically painting- the 4th since Xmas. Also cleaning my little recovery man cave.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Morning!

When is your birthday, Phoenix? Not everyday will be cupcakes and puppies. You are handling it well. I would be a crying baby, I think.

Sam, I think my husband and I are going to my cousin's and play old people cards. (lol - Canasta)

I start a Challenge to run 2017 miles in 2017, 5.5 miles a day average. I did it in 2014 - but with a group. This one is all me. Wish me luck!

Have a good day, friends. I am at work, but probably only for a bit.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

j 8
Old 12-30-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Last Friday I went 2 the bar after work and ended up spending $100...just in one sitting. Maybe I should do something different this time & head to the gym...
and there's a Godsmack song called "Something Different" - Coincidence???? ��
Old 12-30-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi!! Checking in on my way home from work. Tea today is Hot Chocolate...which seems to have become a staple for me this winter. The day has been snowy and blustery....I can't believe they are calling for +10 degrees on Monday - crazy!

No plans tonight except a walk with Charlie, who loves the snow...maybe I will make a snow angel...lol

Be back later - oh and Purplrks I love the something different idea ❤❤
Old 12-30-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

"Something Different" ~ Sounds like a nice 2017 resolution

Bobbie I love that idea! I'll run with ya!

Well I made it to the gym ~ hoping that will set a better tone for the weekend.....I'll be working too ~ no complaints (paws crossed.)

I plan on staying close by online recovery this weekend.....anyone on Smart? (Phoenix I think you said you were) ~ Well they have a "New Year's Eve around the world" party that I'm hoping to attend. It's a 24 hr chat room that brings in the new year for every time zone, so everyone can stay sober together through the holiday. Shoot, it may already be going on......Maybe I'll see some of you guys there! (I have a different screen name on there just fyi)

Hey Apple! BBG! How's everyone doing?!?
Old 12-30-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Purplrks - I'm interested in online Smart meetings.....can you give me a little more info on them...like where to find them etc??
Old 12-30-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Sam I sent you a pm with a link to their website
Old 12-30-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Thank you!!

Also Bobbie - I'm in for the 2,017 miles in 2017!!
Old 12-30-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey gang. So many people doing so well.

PJ, definitely watch out for the heat.
Upstairs, watch the hunger.

All of these physical things create stress of one kind or another. Upstairs, I have not read back and don't know your nutritional situation or goals but in my experience quality of food trumps quantity of food every time.

One week until we close on our house. Moving to sunny weather. I'm bringing myself with me, so it's not like I'm leaving my special issues behind . This whole process seems like it has taken forever!

Good night now - I've got plenty to keep me busy for the next few days!
Old 12-30-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Purp can I please get that SMART link as well?
Sam- I thought of you in Les Co today. Did my shopping for tonight (NYE). Bullets- liquorice (bullet shaped0 and I found ones covered in Dark, not milk chocolate. Of course ANZACs. Then I saw the teas- got myself 'Madame flavour- orange choc Ceylon'. The beautifully boxed teabag ,foil wrapped_-costing 9 million dollars says it is carefully choiced tea - 'with just a hint of naughtiness'. So watch out world- I am going crazy. Don't taste too bad either.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Sounds yummy PJ!! But 9 million dollars is an awful lot for tea...I limit myself to 5 million dollars...tops!

Good night friends...lets get through tomorrow (or today) together - 2017 will be March Madness!!! ❤❤