Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 01-04-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hugs BBG. I just came off a massive binge.

I slept really good last night. I don't even remember my dreams which is really rare for me. To bad my 2 year old was up at the butt crack of dawn because he refused to eat dinner last night he has swim class today and is already very difficult, his teacher is going to a heck of a time with him today.

Time to get the coffee flowing!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Morning friends! Quick check in on my way to an appointment. Ladybug, the stomach flu is the worst! I hope you feel better. Love you all! Xoxo

Day 5
Old 01-04-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
You've done it before BBG - just stop feeding it nickels...then the merry go round stops.....
BBG - This wasn't meant to make it seem like it's simple or easy....it's anything but. I just meant to say that you are strong enough to do this....you have proven that
Old 01-04-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
You've done it before BBG - just stop feeding it nickels...then the merry go round stops.....
Speaking of sage advice....
Old 01-04-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Yeah can you needlepoint the nickel advice on my pillow for me Sam...?! Or maybe a tattoo would help it sink in!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I didn't take it that way Sam. I love your phrase "quit feedin' it nickles". You were talkin' about the merry-go-round but that applies to my AV also!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Stomach bug has touched down here as well! Me and my son so far. We've got to stop copying each other LB!!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Good morning. Hope everyone is doing well. Phoenix - great work. Thanks for sharing.

BBG - Hugs. I agree with Sam. Get off of the merry-go-round. (she said it better) Let us help.

Purple- I'm trying to be a morning person. I hate running is the evenings, but haven't been able to get myself up to knock it out in the morning.

PeacefulRain - I miss swim lessons with my kids. Have fun.

Clearlyheaded - have a super day!

Applekat - Sorry to hear about the bug in your house. You and ladybug seem to keep giving each other germs.

Ladybug- How are all the baby bugs doing? It was weird seeing you type your "2 year old". Did it feel weird saying it?

Thirteenth - hope you're kicking some butt today.

Upstairs - how is your diet going?

Kiki - ready for your messages.

Have a fantastic day, Marchers. (or evening)
Old 01-04-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Think I am starting to feel better. Just slept for 2 hours ...thank goodness my littlest still takes naps and could sleep with me. Still have some stomach pains, but I imagine that's partly due to not eating much.

The house is a disaster and I need to finish undecorating from Xmas ... our dining room table is covered with tree ornaments. If I allow myself to get really overwhelmed (which I usually do) my AV will worm it's way in so, for now, I just don't care what the house looks like. Ha, take that AV!

Hope everyone is having a good day/night. Going to try and eat something and see what happens?!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Okay...I am reiterating....I need to win the lottery!! Man I get a lot done when work isn't in the way!! Lol

I watched the movie "Smashed" this afternoon....it wasn't great but it was good. I did think about half-way through that even though I haven't been perfect at this I have made a lot of strides, and that makes me a little proud of myself....of all of us actually. Most of us may not be celebrating a year sober in March but we are celebrating a year of awakenings, realizations, and of living with intention. I am grateful to be a part of this class and to be sober today. Love you guys!!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

LB - glad you're on the mend....I hope the eating experiment went well
Old 01-04-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Wow. I need bedtime SOON. Long day of stomach issues and a poor clingy 17 month old who doesn't understand why we're all just laying around.

Any good Netflix movie recommendations I could put on to rest to?

(Fingers crossed the other two kids don't wake up puking overnight!)
Old 01-04-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

8 episodes of "Big Bang Theory" tonight. Doesn't happen much any more. So a blooney sammich with Fritos and lay down and watch. Have a good night all!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hello Marching in 17 from 16er's. A solid sleep- interesting as I still feel crappy about Sunday (b-day- blah). Lots more homework. Have ALMOST sorted the confusion over online study materials. Uer friendly? HA!
A very sad story- an oldie has emerged with venom. Teenage boys who choke themselves or others until they blackout. They do this for the euphoric rush, the risk and to post it online. A few days ago a promising 13 year old boy died.
In the east there have been 22 deaths associated with swimming and fishing. The message of water safety does not seem to sink in for some. One was the back yard pool drowning of a toddler.
Today- 100F heat + thunder = bushfires somewhere (hopefully not). At least there is no north wind (yet). The north wind is a foreboding curse/warning of catastrophic perfect bushfire storms.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Home, load of laundry in, animals fed, and dinner going for me and DD. Should be a quiet night. I had to get a few things at the store and didn't trust myself to make the trip after work, so I went during lunch instead when I knew there was no chance of AV creeping in. The crud is mostly gone except for the hacking cough. It was driving me crazy last night, keeping me from sleep. And I remembered the trick of Vicks Vapo-rub on the feet to relieve night time cough. Alas, we were out. So I googled what essential oils would work (I have a decent stash), and ended up slathering the bottoms of my feet with eucalyptus. It worked!

PR - you have oils, right? Are there any blends you like in particular? What brand do you use? My go to is lavendar for relaxation and peppermint for headaches/pain relief.

Sam - Quit feeding it nickels. Love it. And I agree...this has been a year of awakening for a lot of us. Progress, not perfection, right?

Have a wonderful night everyone. Day 3 for me.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight.

BBG - enjoy BBT....I don't follow it very well but wasn't a BBT baby born recently?

PJ - thinking and praying for you this evening....and remember it's YOUR birthday

AK - did you find something to watch?

Well I'm off to make some tea and maybe read or play a mind-numbing computer game. Sleep well friends and/or good morning!!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

PJ - I used to play that pass out game when I was in middle school. It wasn't so much choking, but hyperventilating and then holding your breath while someone pushed on your chest. Why does the stupid stuff keep making its rounds
Old 01-04-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

CH and PR - I need to know more about these essential oils...any info you can share?

Also CH - great job out-sneaking your AV....mine is certainly stronger later in the day so your lunchtime trick may work for me too...thanks!!
Old 01-04-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Sam - I'll PM you
Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

So glad to be here with you guys ~ pretty worn out so I'm gonna turn in early. Sober another day Thanks everyone!