Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 2

Old 12-24-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Wow... in bed and sober n Xmas eve... win win! Have a great day tomorrow everyone. . Keep busy and stay strong x
Old 12-24-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome mangoman

Merry Christmas to all - post if you need some support!

D
Old 12-24-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, Dee, and everyone. Presents done, smoken salmon and eggs breakfasted on. Soda water chilling. Today is going well. (Worst thing so far is Child 1 opened a present, excited to be receiving an instant camera - like a new version of Polaroid - only to have received an empty box. Harumph. So I need to return that. She took it pretty well for an 8-year-old.)

Phoneix, thoughts are with you. Hang in there.

Eta: Wrong thread - meant to post on the weekender.. Apologies for gatecrashing. But Merry Christmas to the lovely Dececember people.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

i:-)>
Old 12-24-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

It's fine FTC - I'm gatecrashing all over the joint, the more the merrier, I say! Bummer about the kid's empty box - I could just see her face. Good on her for recovering from the disappointment, and may she have many happy times getting out n about with her new camera (eventually ) Big believer, me, in teaching kids to take pictures, as young as possible - with a proper camera, too. I'm so ancient, I started with a Box Brownie (you might have to google it :-))
Old 12-24-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hey all, about 8:45pm here. Busy day today so not really current on the posts that were made!
One XMAS dinner down and one more to go tomorrow at our house! Only had one drinker tonight and it was my dumbass nephew walking around pissed off with a glass (or several) of whisky on the rocks, straight up! I did NOT envy him in the least.

Merry XMAS to all!!!!! Stay SOBER!
Old 12-25-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Merry Christmas guys. Have a great, safe day.

Today marks 3 weeks for me, I'm planning on staying relaxed today. I'll be driving over to my family's house later in the morning, then travelling to see my gran, before coming home and rounding out the evening with some me time, a turkey sandwich, and a couple of blockbusters to see me home.

It's just another day. But it will be that much easier with a clear head

B
Old 12-25-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Our class thread has been a bit slow lately. Hope everyone is just busy with the holidays etc.

Welcome to Mango! This is a good place for support. There is always someone awake here somewhere in the world on this forum.

Arrowhead hunting this morning then home for a big family gathering at our place.

Merry Christmas to ALL!
Old 12-25-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Pre modern history or American Native?
Old 12-25-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Merry Xmas everyone . . . you'll not go short of support!!

Old 12-25-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

It’s been a long time I didn’t post but I’m doing very well : day 24 in progress!

I’ve been to my first AA meeting on Friday and it was very hard for me.
I came back from there completly confused and I’m scared as hell to go back again...
Too much pain for me to deal with. I may sound selfish but my sobriety comes first, I'm very fragile.
I know I’ll go back again probably next week but I have to digest that first meeting before I can go back again.

I’m glad to see some people who were here in my first week are still doing good.
BringBackB, CuteNGayYay, Phoenix, and Quitter62 to name a few.
I’m super happy you guys are making it happen
You rock!

Merry sober Christmas for now, I'll try to post more often.
Big koala hug to all of you
Old 12-25-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Its great to hear from you Koala I was wondering how you were doing. Yes I tried AA as well and I know what you mean. Ultimately the program itself wasn't for me, but i certainly wouldnt rule out going back to meetings in the future.

Its been a busy christmas day for me, but i'm now back at my flat and kicking back for a few hours. Numerous family visits today, but i actually really enjoyed it. Nobody was drinking which always makes things easier too. My plan for tonight is to test out the lovely new bluetooth speaker I recieved as a gift. My music is sounding awesome on it so far. After that I may take a nice long soak and stick a film on (i'm thinking the newest Star Wars released on DVD.... Sober christmas day negotiated successfully.

I agree with Quitter, its been very quiet on here lately. I sincerely hope you are all well. Whatever the situation, we are here for you. Stay strong all, peace out.

B
Old 12-25-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hello all and Merry Christmas!! Day 25 and sober on Christmas good to see ya Koala! It's gonna be a long day but I'll be fine today. Hope everyone else is as well. If not, reach out.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Pre modern history or American Native?
Well, actually both Phoenix! Pre-History Native American. Anything all the way back to 12000 years ago or so. I don't have much luck frankly but I enjoy getting out and it's a real treasure when I do find something!

I thought with today being Christmas I would get lucky but it was not to be!

Family is starting to arrive for the BIG dinner, gotta go!

Merry XMAS!!!!
Old 12-26-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Just checking in after the holiday. Two very busy days for me , but I survived them...sober!
Hope everyone is well....and yes, it is a bit quiet on here.? Actually in all the classes I have been in I don't think I ever was posting around the holidays so I'm not sure if this is typical in that people are busy.

Anyway, glad to see those of us posting stayed sober!!
Have a great day!!
Old 12-26-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
Christmas successfully negotiated in spite of the internal battle that was going on with myself about having a drink when I got home from my family meal.
Thank you Dee for your advice about having a plan. Kicked the plan into action and headed out to Church and then home to walk the dogs and we walked until the battle was over. Sober Christmas beats drunk Christmas hands down.
Hubs and I are heading out with the dogs to check out the ruins of a roman villa that is local to us and neither of us have ever been. Not hungover it sounds like fun. Last year it would have been a nightmare planning a walk around some ancient ruins with 2 rottweilers.
I choose LIFE.

Hope you all enjoyed your day yesterday in whatever ways you had planned and for those needing prayers and love I am sending them your way.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to all you guys

D
Old 12-26-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Day 25 in progress, so far so good

I'll go to my second AA meeting today and it should be easier than the first one since I won't take a "newcomer chip" (I don't know how you call them in english...I'm french)
On my first meeting last Friday, I was freaked out by the sudden invasion of my personal space by all these people who wanted to shake my hand and welcome me. Do regular members always descend on newcomers like bees to honey? Gee, that was hard.
I'll be able to be more "anonymous" this time.
I'm not exactly a social butterfly when I'm sober...
Nice flg1412 that you won the internal battle that was going on about having a drink.
I'm also happy to read you survived these two Xmas days sober lovehoops !

Koala hug to all of you, have a good day!
Old 12-26-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Day 1. I drank last night and I feel horrible today. Another christmas of being a drunk ass.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SulfuricSplash View Post
Day 1. I drank last night and I feel horrible today. Another christmas of being a drunk ass.
Well dang, Splash. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. It will pass and tomorrow -- actually TODAY -- is another day.

Have you thought about what went wrong and how going forward you can be more successful? Can we do something else to help? Please stick around and let us know how you're doing.

And thanks for coming here and posting. I didn't have anything of note to report but you gave me a reason to post something. It is so true that in helping and supporting others, we help to preserve our own sobriety.

I am still sober on my 14th day. Christmas was nice, uneventful. No urges, really, for me to fight.

Have a great day, everyone!