Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 2

Old 12-22-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...may I join you? I am trying again to kick the alcohol out of my life before it kicks me into insanity or an early grave. ... I am hopeful but I need this place! I'm enfin by the way...please to be here!
Old 12-22-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Just completed 3 weeks. On to day 22 when I wake up. Bedtime for me now.
Hey! Glad u here, I've been here with u before. ... good to see you!
Old 12-22-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Hi everyone...may I join you?
OF COURSE! We are glad you're here. There's strength in numbers in sobriety -- we all help each other. And I'm a firm believer that helping other people helps you right along with them.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome enfin

D
Old 12-22-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Hi everyone...may I join you? I am trying again to kick the alcohol out of my life before it kicks me into insanity or an early grave. ... I am hopeful but I need this place! I'm enfin by the way...please to be here!
Welcome to the class enfinthechange
Old 12-22-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Just wanted to check in! Day 5, still sober! YAY!!! Let's do this my December friends! Let's stay sober today!! WE CAN DO IT!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks CNGY! Welcome enfrin and anybody I missed. Last work day this week then 4 days off. The holiday dinners begin. Thank goodness our family dinners were never big booze fests anyway, that would make things more difficult for me.

A NICE new FREEDOM in my life........ for the last 13 years I was at least smart enough to never drink and drive (and for 25 years before that I wasn't that smart, enough said). This means I was stranded at home every time that first swig of beer went down. Which meant that MOST NIGHTS I was stranded at home. I always had to plan ahead, make sure I had everything I needed for whatever I was working on etc......... NOW I am free to run an errand any time night or day. I no longer have to turn down activities so I can be home drowning myself in beer. It's like a heavy chain being cut from my ankle! It's a BETTER way to LIVE!
Day 19 and I feel GREAT! It might not seem like much but there was a time not long ago that I would have NEVER dreamed of going this long without a drink and being HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Oh....... I wanted to comment on the social media thing. There were a few folks feeling down comparing themselves to all the others they are seeing with their 'perfect lives' etc.....

I don't post much on social media but let me tell you something! Quite a few of the narcissistic prolific posters that I personally know well are so fake you wouldn't even believe me! I keep thinking who the hell are you trying to fool when the reality is that job you list you haven't worked at for 10 years, that college you are 'still' attending was a class you dropped 8 years ago, you are AWESOME and living the good life but in reality, penniless, mooching off family, can't pay your bills and your credit is in the toilet.

Anyway.......that's my Christmas Rant! Isn't it CHEERY? Ha Ha!

So, let's all just try to enjoy our lives without comparing our boring existence against fabricated tales of grandeur! Life is Hard, you never know what's coming next. Keep your head high and conquer!!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Boy, I wish I could take my own advice!!!!!!! Having a bit of a rough patch. Don't want to type it all over again. Here is a copy/paste from a different thread! I am doing my best to not grab some beer dammit! DRAMA!!!!

PASTE:
Here I have been, fat dumb and happy with my newfound sobriety and I am finding myself wanting to drink over family troubles!

I am cracking at the seams a bit. We have been dealing with my 34 y/o stepdaughters drug addictions while we are keeping our 16 y/o granddaughter. There has been one disaster after another with stepdaughter. Now, 9 days ago, 21 y/o stepson is threatening suicide to ex-girlfriend who broke up with him. He is living with grandpa, jobless, penniless and doesn't want to work (long story). My wife, his mother, has been visiting him daily trying to console him and he sent more suicide threats today 9 days later. She is over there now, torn about what to do! I suggested calling the police to have him admitted for 48 hours against his will. You cannot personally admit someone against their will, a police can though. That is what Suicide Prevention suggested when I called for advice last week. Mommy cannot bring herself to make the call and is very distraught. He is out for a walk with his older brother (who lives there also, long story) shadowing him and will not return to grandpas with his mother there because she is the enemy for confronting him.

She doesn't want me to get involved because they will blame me. I told her I would make the call if she can't but she won't let me! I am supposed to just drive home after work and stay out of it.

I asked her what would she solve by walking away again? Yet she cannot bring herself to call!!!!!

Merry XMAS to us!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Quitter - do not drink! It will only make things much, much worse. It sounds like there's A LOT going on for you and your family right now, but don't take the quick fix way out, because you know it will come back to bite you in the ass big time!

I do agree with you though about your stepson , he should probably be in some sort of safe environment and getting some proper help.

Just don't drink quitter, whatever you do. Time to grab one of those root beers instead?
Old 12-22-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Welcome Enfin! Good to see u again! Sorry you're going through that quitter. I hope things smooth over for all involved. day 22... Ready for all the Holiday meals. I'm already overdoing it with Candy. :/. But it's better than alcohol of course. I hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard to stand by sometimes Quitter. I wish peace and clarity for your wife as she considers what to do.

D
Old 12-22-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's hard to stand by sometimes Quitter. I wish peace and clarity for your wife as she considers what to do.

D
Well Dee, it appears she is not going to make that call. The boys are back at Grandpas and 21 year old already sleeping (that's all he does). Grandpa came home and wife is talking with him now.

I just need to wash my hands of it. I have had little say in almost 14 years when it comes to those kids (adults). Grrrrrrrr.

Okay, home now so I am going to down a few sodas and try to get my mind elsewhere. I give up, it's FRUSTRATING!!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Serenity prayer time

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Serenity prayer time

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Thanks Dee, I needed that!

Here is my drink for the night, I am getting through this a little worse for wear but SOBER!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_3401.JPG (67.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 12-22-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good stuff Quitter

D
Old 12-23-2016, 01:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Day 7 for me and last day before the holiday week off of work.

Welcome efinthechange ...it's good to see you back.

Quitter...I feel for you. Families are so tough and even tougher when you feel helpless and cannot give your input!! So glad to hear that you didn't drink...that's fantastic. That root beer looks awesome.!!

Congrats on 6 days Hope Springs....we can do this together!!

Have a fantastic, sober Friday everyone xo
Old 12-23-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Morning all

Day 19 here and last day at work before the Christmas break! My heating is busted at my flat so I'm waiting on an engineer to come look at it. Hope it's not too expensive! It's freezing in here!

Well done on getting through yesterday sober quitter
Old 12-23-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

BBB hope you are having a mild winter day as we are! Try a google search on your furnace maybe and see if you can sort out the problem if you are mechanically inclined to do so.
I survived my 'catastrophe' and am sooooo glad I didn't give in to my urge to drown myself in beer. I would have been hating myself today!

I am going to give an EXTRA effort to stay on track. Hoping stepson gets it together, he has lots of support if he can just see that.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Quitter- the suicide bit is a crappy one. I will not offer any obvious advice- you know that layout of the land by now. I will offer prayers and support for you and prayers for your step son. PJ