View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
quitter62

Congrats on 3 weeks CNGY! Welcome enfrin and anybody I missed. Last work day this week then 4 days off. The holiday dinners begin. Thank goodness our family dinners were never big booze fests anyway, that would make things more difficult for me.

A NICE new FREEDOM in my life........ for the last 13 years I was at least smart enough to never drink and drive (and for 25 years before that I wasn't that smart, enough said). This means I was stranded at home every time that first swig of beer went down. Which meant that MOST NIGHTS I was stranded at home. I always had to plan ahead, make sure I had everything I needed for whatever I was working on etc......... NOW I am free to run an errand any time night or day. I no longer have to turn down activities so I can be home drowning myself in beer. It's like a heavy chain being cut from my ankle! It's a BETTER way to LIVE!
Day 19 and I feel GREAT! It might not seem like much but there was a time not long ago that I would have NEVER dreamed of going this long without a drink and being HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!