Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-29-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
If at first you don't succeed . . .

Signing up for my third "class" in three months, everyone. Good to be here. Before my last choice to drink, I had about 37 days sober.

New sober date is 11/22/2016. I posted a rough draft of my plan in another thread.

Let's do this together.
I too have been in a few "classes"- Determined this one will be THE ONE!! We can do this- one day at a time xxx
Old 11-29-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hey everyone ~ still here despite a slip-up over the weekend..... Determined to hang in there ~ Hope you're all doing ok
Purp
Don't stop trying....Don't give up 😘
Old 11-29-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starstarstar View Post
I do!
I'm lost just trying to navigate this site on my phone (the full site and the mobile). I don't want to confuse anyone else!
I find when i'm using SR from my phone- I find it easier to switch to FULL SITE rather than the mobile one(it gives you the option down the bottom somewhere)- the familiarity of having the same set up as my computer makes it easier for me to navigate.. Just a thought?

Glad you are staying xx
Old 11-29-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Man it was a long day. I have been traveling all day, and have been in three different towns!
I am finally settled in a hotel in Orlando. I had to fight my AV all afternoon. I shot it down probably five times and it was not easy. Being in a hotel alone makes it so easy to drink but I refuse to go down that path again.

I picked up dinner and ate it in bed- now I am fighting the urge to attack a vending machine! I will not do it! I am already in my pjs and need to sleep soon anyway so at least I have that working in my favor!

Just happy to be sober.
Hope everyone gets some good rest tonight...
Old 11-29-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Day 15 for me. I'm 2kg down in the last couple of days which i am ecstatic about (i was shoving food down my throat at a ridiculous rate when i was craving booze!!)- That has thankfully come to a stop!!
I've thrown myself back into my studying which is keeping me busy at night, and grateful that I am sober and can retain the information I'm learning!

I'm actually feeling great. Calmer than I was the last time I quit- I have an acceptance that THIS IS IT , and I am not feeling the resentment I have felt in the past when I was so desperately sick from my drinking(but really didn't want to stop). I'm happy to be here, happy to be surrounded by others on a similar journey, and just happy to keep ticking these days off..
Hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday xx
Old 11-29-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AceinNj View Post
Day 4 in the bag. Looking forward to tomorrow. Stay strong everyone.
Ace
Stay strong congratulations on Day 4
Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Day 15 for me. I'm 2kg down in the last couple of days which i am ecstatic about (i was shoving food down my throat at a ridiculous rate when i was craving booze!!)- That has thankfully come to a stop!!
I've thrown myself back into my studying which is keeping me busy at night, and grateful that I am sober and can retain the information I'm learning!

I'm actually feeling great. Calmer than I was the last time I quit- I have an acceptance that THIS IS IT , and I am not feeling the resentment I have felt in the past when I was so desperately sick from my drinking(but really didn't want to stop). I'm happy to be here, happy to be surrounded by others on a similar journey, and just happy to keep ticking these days off..
Nic
Congratulations on Day 15
Old 11-29-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Looking forward to going to bed tonight sober and getting a good nights sleep. It is only day 2 for me but I am happy to have 2 days AF.

Hope you all have a sober AF evening.

asixstringnut
Old 11-29-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ohwonder View Post
hi, everyone! i would love to join and follow along. i usually never get through more than two days sober, so i'm hoping i can stick it out. my sober date would be 11/28/16. i'm a little nervous since my husband is an alcoholic, too, and he likes to play with my weakness. i usually always give in.

my last time sober was back in may 2016 and it was 62 days. other than that, i was only ever sober pregnant.

i'm going to try to stay strong and focused!
I'm right there with you... husband is an alcoholic and loves to try and sabotage my sobriety. I'm sure he misses his "drinking buddy" but I've had enough of this craziness. We need to all stay strong!!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWTPEA61 View Post
Nic
Congratulations on Day 15
Thanks so much SWTPEA xxx
Old 11-29-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

10 days for me! Back into "double digit" category. Cool

This has not been easy. And yet, at the same time, I've had these moments of peace, far greater peace than I've had in, well, probably years. It's a peace that comes from actually having some hope for the future, something I don't think I had really any of while I was drinking.

Stay strong, everyone!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Just ducking in really quickly to say hi. Bf is here. I struggled to not have a drink before seeing him. Nerves. We talked about this secret Santa nonsense. I told him I felt not included, put in my place, and handicapped. Because now how should I contribute to the family Christmas and show my gratitude for their hospitality...
anyway he's been apologetic for not sticking up for me. And I made sure he was aware how wary I am especially because of the thanksgiving bender
He told me he still plans on not drinking and he will be on my side and make sure his family knows how important I am to him
But they've already told me where I stand
Can't help but think that they were attached to his ex. And I'm the new girlfriend. And instead of welcoming me in they are keeping me at an arms length
Makes me feel not so great.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:48 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Welcome mesosober. Love that name btw!

Congrats to every1 kicking butt and hanging in there.

Quick day 3 check in. Today i decided to ask my job if i qualify for fmla. If so im going to start doing therapy for me and my son whos witnessed some of the dv and drunkenness. As long as it doesnt jeopardize my job i really want to get some professional help.

*Side note im watching Borgia on netflix and if ur into dramas set in the 1400s u may like it

Night all keep rockin!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

So proud of you Nic- and glad that things feel different this time around. Hugs lady!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats to those hitting milestones

Its great your husband is on board - don;t let your AV terrify you tho - you want to be sober, and being sober is a good thing. W e all live our lives one day at a time - it's ok just to focus on the next 24 hours for now

Welcome MeSo

glad you're staying starstarstar.

D
I can't believe I didn't even think of it like that- it's my AV trying to scare me, it's not the true. Thank you as always Dee!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
So proud of you Nic- and glad that things feel different this time around. Hugs lady!
I am proud of you too honey.... We really can do this xxx
Old 11-30-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I find when i'm using SR from my phone- I find it easier to switch to FULL SITE rather than the mobile one(it gives you the option down the bottom somewhere)- the familiarity of having the same set up as my computer makes it easier for me to navigate.. Just a thought?

Glad you are staying xx
Thank you, Nic!
I have no internet service in my new place yet. I wish I did!
I miss my MacBook. 😓
Old 11-30-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starstarstar View Post
Thank you, Nic!
I have no internet service in my new place yet. I wish I did!
I miss my MacBook. 😓
Thank goodness for mobile phones!!! I often log on at work using my phone, just to get the support I need to get through another hour or another day!! Keep on going-xx
Old 11-30-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Thank goodness for mobile phones!!! I often log on at work using my phone, just to get the support I need to get through another hour or another day!! Keep on going-xx
I know! I've only started regularly using my phone to access the Internet, I've become so dependent on it. Which sort of scares me.
Apparently not enough as I'm about to run about the neighborhood waving it! The search for a decent signal...
Old 11-30-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone. Day 30 today.

Back on November 1 when I woke up feeling like crap (again), I didn't envision that I would actually make it this far; not at this time of the year. Thankfully, I made it through those first few days, and came back to SR, picked up The Naked Mind (a book that truly helped change my mindset), and changed some other bad habits...namely, bad eating, and the complete lack of exercise.

Feeling much better today. Thinking of sobriety no longer scares me, or confuses me, or fills me with resent. I have been spending lots of free time reading about sober stories, about athletes who have come back from the brink of self-destruction due to alcohol, and about ultra-running. I used to run marathons before I fell down the rabbit hole of booze. I would always, even in the darkest depths of self-pity, dream about running again one day. These books and stories have helped me to see that my dreams are possible. I should say, being sober is the lens that has allowed me to finally view my dreams as a clear possibility, and not just "fantasy."

At any rate, it's just day 30. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. But it's a nice feeling. I'm also glad to have bit the bullet and joined a monthly class...and actually contribute.

I hope you're all well.