Notices

Class of March 2016 part 36

Old 11-20-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Mish - would you like me to type you a non alcoholic bed time story? Perhaps with pixie dust, unicorns, fairies and ..oh bugger I got nothing. Sleep well.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

A bedtime story would be grand PJ. Counting sheep just isn't helping tonight. Looks like it's going to be a long night.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening/night everyone!

Day 9 on my end and things are quiet--OK, dull. I finished up the yardwork yesterday just in time for the wind to pick up and cold spitting rain. This front is a real one, the first of winter proper. Wind and flurries this morning.

PJ I had a beard 2010-2016. Shaved it off in honor of my newfound sobriety months ago. For some reason that wasn't enough to keep me sober, lol.

Hope you get some sleep, Mish. I couldn't sleep last night and watched Moonrise Kingdom on Netflix. I recommend that movie by one of my faves, Wes Anderson.

Have a lovely sober day everyone.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Just finished work - what a gorgeous day! Sometimes I feel like I'm "missing out" when I hear about sports bars & drink specials on days like today....guess I've really missed out from not remembering anything when I have done that! Stupid av! OK I guess I'll head to the gym....got some grocery shopping & laundry to do today so I'll check back in a little later! Hugs!
Old 11-20-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Morning! Man, we got snow, 100 degrees and I'm sure everything in between. Sun rising, sun setting, waking up, going to bed all at the same moment. I live this class!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 11-20-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Watching Step Up featuring you-know-who! And guys, I found a pic that includes his hot wife! Eye candy for the whole family!!!
Old 11-20-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Mish- sorry- fell asleep.
This story- so far
'pon a time in somewhere land lived a person of non specific gender. Something dysfunctional happened. Another non gender specific person intervened with conflict resolution. Boundaries were established and closure reached. Making sure their relationship was not co dependent, the 2 non specific gender people made a verbal agreement with each other and continued to exist, thrive and grow for a rather long time.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

LOL!!!! PJ that's the best love story ever!! Maybe one of the non gender specific people can be Channing Tatum Purplrks!!

Well on my way home from work - super long day...but it was productive and now is over...two days off have begun!! I think I have begun to process the events of the week and am feeling more like Sam again

Happy sober Sunday.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Old 11-20-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Channing Tatum....yum.

Sunday night here and still sober. My go to move lately is hot tea. In other words...I invoke what I call, a Sam rule. If you crave a drink, thou shalt immediately get a cuppa tea going. Or just water. Both seem to work well.

My 22 year old nephew just got a dui. Hearing about what's going on with him makes me sad for him and gosh, grateful for the reminder to me. He just got out of jail and has a court date in a few days. He had to quit his job because he can't drive anymore. Ouch! Really sad for him.

Looking forward to safe and sober sleep.

Nite all -
Lillian
Old 11-20-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Night, Lillian.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

So I did a 3 second speed read of this Channing Tatum. A ken doll on steroids with a pulse? He looks the sort who 'back in the day' (80's) would have worn leg warmers and appeared in an Olivia N-J aerobic get fit DVD (no offense).
But yes- I suppose he could fit into my story- provided there is no alcohol, drugs, difficulties involving career, marriage, sex, drugs, money. The story is nice. No one gets hurt, offended, traumatised. No animal were harmed in the creation of my story.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Mish- sorry- fell asleep.
This story- so far
'pon a time in somewhere land lived a person of non specific gender. Something dysfunctional happened. Another non gender specific person intervened with conflict resolution. Boundaries were established and closure reached. Making sure their relationship was not co dependent, the 2 non specific gender people made a verbal agreement with each other and continued to exist, thrive and grow for a rather long time.
Bahaahhahahaa that's so awesomely awesome!!! I love it.....I'm laughing so hard I doubt this particular bedtime story could put me to sleep.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I'm working on the sequel- it is far more involved- with exciting tales of non threatening and empowering behaviour. Of validation and politically correct suggestions. Of respecting the right, no need of all non gender specific people to breath. The finale will result in a totally satisfying everything free meeting of a diverse range of non gender specific people who share in their positive and enriching experiences- with no hint of suggestion of race, sex, drugs, alcohol, politics, cartoons, wars, religion, age, smoking, coffee, organic food, sheep, teabags, trees and headlice. There will be a mutually agreed non specific, yet promising document put together to establish a group which will meet to form a committee. This committee will then put forward recommendations to a focus advisory group which answers to the totally unbiased non specific gender persons committee responsible for everything, thus nothing.
The first item of safe, non threatening business is the proactive permission for individual non specific gender persons to hold hands. This will be sought through affirmation, frantically nodding of heads and loud interjections of yes. and uhhuh. Afterwards there will be served organic water free water and organic everything free digestible bicuits served with salt free nothing dip and group air hugs for a job well done. Alcohol will not be mentioned because it has not been or ever will be invented. Who would need such a thing in a perfect world? I certainly will not be drinking to that.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Oh god I'm laughing again!!! What a legend you are with words PJ.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Morning all!! Just waking up with a regular old cuppa English Breakfast Tea. It's pretty frigid and windy out this morning but I guess that's the theme for the next few months.

Lillian - sorry to hear about your nephew.

No plans today - maybe some groceries and a walk with Charlie.

I will not drink today!
Old 11-21-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Just a quick hello during coffee break - I just started following a Twitter page called "Badass Motivation" and one of their quotes is "I'm gonna make the rest of my life the best of my life" - I like it!
Old 11-21-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

You go girl.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Phoenix - nothing. Thanks for starting my day with a smile.
Mish - pleasant dreams. So glad you're back.
Samantha - your tea sounds great. I have a caramel vanilla coffee. (okay, 2 in a big mug)
Purple - love that quote. Mine today is "The miracle of existence calls for celebration everyday." Gotta live in the moment.

Have a great, sober day people!
Old 11-21-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

B- nothing? NOTHING? Hurrumph- what does a self obsessed newly recovering alcoholic have to do to get a little bit, yes just even a little bit of pity around here? No one understands me- especially me. I am different than every one else here. I am very special and deserve extra special treatment because I am so special/ No one but me and the other guy in my brain know this. Mind you I am beginning to have doubts about HIM. Your thanks are duly noted.
Geez I must have been crap when I was drunk. Have a great day, B,
oh and good to hear you type.