Notices

Class of March 2016 part 36

Old 11-16-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

So proud of everyone here. This really does feel like home

I will try and check in while on vacation, but please know that I won't be drinking and will be thinking of you all!
Old 11-16-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Have a lovely vacation Ladybug!!

Old 11-16-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good decision for you Kiki

bon voyage LB!

Congratulations Jemma
Old 11-16-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Jemma - 50 days!!!!!!!! Yay you!!!!

Kiki, sounds like you put a lot of thought into your job decision. Sounds like solid reasoning.

Lillian is traveling on business. Blech. Went to a steakhouse with a coworker....started to think about a glass of fine wine. No. instead had some decaf mint tea and thought about Sam. Reading Drinking: a love story on the plane. Really identifying with it.

Congrats on the promotion Sam! It's sweet of you to think of others. It's your time though. Later, if they do well and work hard, it will be their time. S'all good!!!

11 pm and time for sweet sober sleep. Nite alll.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hey all. I can't sleep so I'm posting. Thanks for all the kind words. I know that I had nothing to do with the casualties in my situation but it still hurts my heart.

Long day ahead so off to find some startin' fluid. Will try to check in through the day but I am in the process of moving offices and my phone isn't working....when they disconnected the phones yesterday of the people who they let go they accidentally disconnected mine....hopefully should be back today....blah....

Lillian - great job on the mint tea...tea is the best!

Bobbie - I have tried posting in November too but it's too hard for me to be in both places....most days finding time to check in here is tough

Kiki. - glad you made the best decision for you

Jemma - 50 days is amazing!!

LB - have an amazing trip!!

Sorry to everyone I missed!! Happy Thursday!!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I am here, I saw and I poststered. Life is ok- still churning over family lack thereof. Not a huge central one. Very warm day today. Peace and safety to you all. Even those of you without beards.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Checking in on what will be another sober day.

Lillian, I liked her book. It felt like me.

Okay, I'm here, I saw, I poststered.

Not drinking today. Love you guys!
Old 11-17-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Or as Bobbika would say Marchembers! I'm in the November class too!!! LOL
Old 11-17-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Finally checking in. I had a doctor appt this morning and now I'm getting ready to leave for a hair appt! I'm gonna get a whole new look!!!

Wheni scheduled the appt the hairdresser said "you will be so happy with your hair when I'm done that you should make plans to go to happy hour that night!"

REALLY?!?

I told her I don't drink but I have to admit I'm worried about my AV chiming in about 2:00 pm today.

I'm gonna stay close to you guys today....
Old 11-17-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I have an idea Kiki!! Brace yourself!

Take that new hair out for CHIPOTLE!!
Old 11-17-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 12. Home internet is down. In fact, the cable is also completely out. I guess I should call someone but it's my day off and spending part of it on the phone with Time Warner, or whatever they're called now, is not my idea of my fun. So instead I'll just type this short message on my phone and hope it fixes itself. There's probably a metaphor for my recovery somewhere in that whole thought process.

Like I said, my day off. I think I'm going to go to the other side of the city and check out a bunch of thrift/junk stores that I haven't been to before.

I'm not gonna drink today. No matter what.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 6. Pretty calm overall. Surprising.

Went out to dinner with DW last night. Didn't even think about a drink even though she had a glass of wine. But we always leave the tip in cash and when I opened my wallet my first thought was, good there's enough cash left for a bottle in the morning. Well, screw that. Not gonna happen.

Casey, I can't pass up a thrift store either. It's more fun than regular shopping. A few days ago I was in a Goodwill and I saw a former student of mine. He was doing community service and he looked pretty sheepish about it. I didn't ask him what he was "in" for. He was a good kid though. B- kind of student. He'll figure it out.

Have a great trip LB. If I go to FL it's guaranteed I'll wander off to the Everglades or Sanibel and do some birdwatching, lol.

Kiki, breathe deep, enjoy the new you, and take Applekat's suggestion.

Captain Bobbieka, we shall never desert you.

Have a great and sober day everyone!
Old 11-17-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Greetings, Fellow Marchers! Just got done w/ work and I am pooped! I need to go to the gym for a little bit, tho. Hoping to get a boost of energy for my drum lesson this evening. Will catch up with you guys a little later!
Old 11-17-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Well - one good reason to stay here at COM is it is easy to type. Purp- what do you enjoy with your drumming- wot sort of drums? My counsellor does the same. Do you have a favourite 'drumming' piece or style.
I like the Japanese stuff. Mind you such ceremonial things with the Japanese- they could make flushing the toilet look cool, seep an ancient cultural tradition and an enriching experience. Busy day here in the centre of the known Universe. I off to see the doctor- the wonderful doctor of Aus. Bowel and Prostate results today- 'just routine ma'am,' Then art with professional arty person- MP4- theme: something of beauty Then counselling session. Then gym with trainer- still sore from hours walk in the 35C heat going to the pain clinic yesterday. Interesting (not a dramatic slow motion "yes music' thing_ at the hospital even going up 1 level- always catch the lift. To an extent inground because when a patient could not cope with the stair 'cos of pain. Even the beard was of little help. SOo yesterday waiting for the lift to appear from behind that secret place *(where do they go?) decided to go downthe 4 flights of stairs. Still visualise those bloody stair- they were a big challenge not so long ago. They also seemed to remind me at the time my family had cast me adrift (fair enuf too).
So went down them quickly. No flashbacks or emotions. No pain (that came this morning) and "whoosh! bam! thuk kersplazzle!- they were just stairs again.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I made it home from my hair appt (sober) and am gonna take a quick nap with my fur babies. I like my hair! The hairdresser had wine glasses and a frig full of beer & wine in her salon and it did bother me a little bit but I kept thinking through the drink.. My AV was having a field day!

Between the alcohol 3 feet from my salon chair and the bars I had to pass on my way home, I felt like I was out in a war zone running for cover against sniper fire! But I made it home, pulled in the garage, closed the door, locked it and ate a snack. It's never gonna be worth it again!!!

Day 5
Old 11-17-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I made it home from my hair appt (sober) and am gonna take a quick nap with my fur babies. I like my hair! The hairdresser had wine glasses and a frig full of beer & wine in her salon and it did bother me a little bit but I kept thinking through the drink.. My AV was having a field day!

Between the alcohol 3 feet from my salon chair and the bars I had to pass on my way home, I felt like I was out in a war zone running for cover against sniper fire! But I made it home, pulled in the garage, closed the door, locked it and ate a snack. It's never gonna be worth it again!!!

Day 5
Well done!

Now self-talk time:

Go in your mind to your favorite spot on earth.

Picture someone who you respect immensely. Know they would tell you that they are proud how hard you are working at sobriety. Let that sink in.

Breathe deep.

Imagine you are in the desert, and you come across a naked baby all alone crying. Pick up the baby and comfort her. Close your eyes and think about that feeling of comforting her.

I know these seem a little silly, but these thoughts bring me out of my immediate emotional crashes to remember bigger things.

Maybe other self talks help you better? I keep a list when I need it.

You're doing great Kiki.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don;t give your AV any power Kiki. It's like a toddler - it can rant and rave and make some noise in your head but it needs you to agree to party to get what it wants.

Don't agree. Do not give your consent - and its voice will grow weaker and weaker

Hope the trip is going ok Lillian

D
Old 11-17-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Well done!

Now self-talk time:

Go in your mind to your favorite spot on earth.

Picture someone who you respect immensely. Know they would tell you that they are proud how hard you are working at sobriety. Let that sink in.

Breathe deep.

Imagine you are in the desert, and you come across a naked baby all alone crying. Pick up the baby and comfort her. Close your eyes and think about that feeling of comforting her.

I know these seem a little silly, but these thoughts bring me out of my immediate emotional crashes to remember bigger things.

Maybe other self talks help you better? I keep a list when I need it.

You're doing great Kiki.
Wow Lillian! Powerful! Where do you get all this good stuff???
Old 11-17-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Don;t give your AV any power Kiki. It's like a toddler - it can rant and rave and make some noise in your head but it needs you to agree to party to get what it wants.

Don't agree. Do not give your consent - and its voice will grow weaker and weaker

Hope the trip is going ok Lillian

D
Thx Dee! I am NOT drinking today!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Just got home from work. All I can say is that you are all absolutely amazing and inspiring! Love you! ❤️❤️