Notices

Class of March 2016 part 36

Old 12-01-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Sam- 10,000 steps?
11,000 but I upped my step goal to 15,000 so no-go for yesterday. New day today though and I'm going for 20,000!!
Old 12-01-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I just joined up THE 10000 through a healthy lifestyle 4 week thingy here in recovery. I will try anything to help my well being. Bearing in mind (I remind myself) the stuff my body has tolerated not too long ago and pushing my boundaries, did 10000 Mon, Gym Tuesday, 1000O and light gym wed -- 5000 today 'cos sore and gym tomorrow. Still happy. Damned p-meter has fallen off my shorts twice and the writing on the back of the p wrapping was so small it took 5 people b4 someone could read it. Working, but- lost 2 kg in the last 10 days. A simple one was replacing all butter with Greek yoghurt. If I get hungry in the middle of the night- white bread with butter and p/butter was good. No butter- well Greek yoghurt and peanut butter gets a bit strange to keep from dripping. No p-butter- no white bread. G-Y almost tastes nice now. Plus not having and salt or sugar- my BP has reduced 20% in 4 weeks. Now 110/70.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Morning!! Well it's December 1st....and that means tea-a-day starts now!! Today's tea is Snow Day....kind of chocolatey,kind of pepperminty....yumm!!

Hoping for a earlier day today....tomorrow is a day off and I am looking forward to it being sober and productive. Will be sticking close to here tonight though....as is for many, days off are DANGER DANGER DANGER!! (Red lights and sirens blaring) But I am determined to make it through.

PJ - great job on all the healthy changes you have made. I know for me, it certainly makes it easier to stay sober when I am making other healthy choices in my life.

Purplrks - how are you this morning?

Happy Friday Jr....let's make it a sober one!!
Old 12-01-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 4.

Sam - Definitely stick close tonight and tomorrow. Have any closets you can clean out? TV series to catch up on? Something planned.

PJ - No butter? Go you!! I need to work on (other) healthy lifestyle changes, too.

Purplrks - Hope you are feeling OK this morning!
Old 12-01-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Assignment!

Identify at least one people (group), place, and thing that remind you of your drinking and can be a big trigger. For each, describe a coping skill - how you can deal with the trigger if you can't avoid it.

People - High school friends that we meet up with over the holidays. It is almost inevitable that it is treated as a drinking gathering. My plan this month is to suggest a lunch for those couple of gatherings, bring my children, or simply tell them "I'm not drinking today."

Place - Restaurants. I very rarely go out for dinner (babysitter needed, lol) so when I do, I feel I deserve a glass of wine. That turns into two glasses plus a stop on the way home for a magnum sized bottle. Which turns into at least two nights of drinking. I have already turned down my husband's Christmas dinner. Avoidance where possible. If there is another dinner this month I plan to post on SR, and go in planning to order a diet coke if I can't skip it.

Thing - Tradition. Such as, opening a bottle of red after we put up the Christmas tree. Wine while addressing Christmas cards. Wine while wrapping presents. This is tricky. This month is full of "tradition". I guess it is time to create new traditions. Reminding myself that these traditions can be ruined by the wine. New teas, hot chocolates, or desserts perhaps. Work in progress.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 1. Been struggling since we got back from vacation. Not sure why, but I am ready to get back on track and commit to a sober December. I had a wonderful, mostly sober (drank one night, 8 days in) vacation. I was sober while we were at Disney and had a sober Thanksgiving at my Dad/Stepmom's. My dad can be a trigger, though, and I caved the Friday night after Thanksgiving. He has a fridge full of beer in the garage so it wasn't hard to sneak it. Really stupid. Anyway, I want to feel good again. Think I will join the December class too. Thanks for being here. Love you all!
Old 12-01-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi LB! Good to see you! Sober December, here we come. Do you see your Dad again at Christmas? I'm already trying to work on my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plans of attack!
Old 12-01-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good morning, Everyone!

Kayak! Good to see you checking in. I miss your early smiles.

Samantha - that tea sounds awesome! I am having white chocolate caramel coffee. (On Monday, this ends). It's like drinking ice cream!

Phoenix - look at you - getting all healthy and stuff. Sam is a stepping beast. She forced me (not really forced, let's say encouraged) to an entirely new level. My BP is down, I'm losing weight slowly. It's amazing how much more we move when we are mindful of it. I am proud of you!!

Applekat-Great plans for the holidays. I did a lot of soul searching yesterday. I have to remember during all of the crazy times that my sobriety is first. I have to meditate in the morning - no matter how late I sleep, I have to read from the BB everyday - no matter where I am supposed to be - and I really have to remember to take my meds. (realized I missed a few days) I was really off for a few days after all of the craziness with family. Amazing how fast it came in. Now I feel that "offness" trying to get in - wanting to isolate, all of that, but being aware is most of the battle. We are doing this together. Looks like you are identifying your problems. I'm proud of you.

Ladybug - well hey! Have missed your cheery smiles! Glad you're back. Day one - Day 200, we are all the same and we all only have today. TODAY I WILL NOT DRINK!

Purple- I thought about you a lot last night. You left to drink with your mother. I am assuming your mother is not aware of your drinking problem. Does she have one herself? Hugs to you. Hope you're okay today. Love you.

Have a fantastic and sober day, my March Family. We are all in this together. Don't drink, it's dumb.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Day is done!! On my way home with a Candy Cane Crush Tea...it is freaking delicious!! (that's a bobbie-ism)

I am not going to make 20,000 steps today...a couple of long winded meetings destroyed that dream.....but I will make 15,000 at least

LB - Sounds like a pretty great time away....glad you're back here with us!!

Bobbie - drinking ice cream sounds even better than drinking tea!! And you encourage me to be better and do better every day....thank you for that

Apple - you sound so good!! I will be doing the homework assignment tonight!!

I will be back later....like I said earlier I will be sticking close by this evening. Love you all!!
Old 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hey everyone ~ Sober today, thank goodness. Yesterday mom asked me to run an errand for her, so my AV snuck in and said You should still have some wine left over at her house. So I skipped the gym and decided to drink the wine when I got there...then of course I went out and got more. Mom's not even a drinker, and yes she's extremely concerned about me. She is somewhat relieved that I've at least made progress & that I'm not a daily drinker like I used to be. She's been to Al-Anon and she took me to an AA meeting a couple years back. (Showing up drunk is not a good idea!) My uncle, her younger brother, has been in and out of rehab & she asked him to talk to me a few years back. He said "Don't let it get you like it got me, 'cause it'll getcha." Then he offered me a drink, so after all that we ended up drinking together. Poor mom was probably like WTF?!?!?!

Anyway, sorry for the long post.....I have a drum lesson this evening - I'm thinking of telling my instructor that I'll need to hold off on the whole recital thing. I know we're supposed to get out of our comfort zones, but it's been giving me a lot of anxiety.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Thanks AK for the homework assignment!
Old 12-01-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Marching on thru December. The weather is getting warmer. The Eastern Sea board is getting in some places close to 40C today. In S Aus- we keep a close one on the WA weather. We often get their used weather, without the effective Freemantle Doctor (Evening sea breeze- named after that city) to cool our TOes. HaVe a good whatever march flies. PJ
Old 12-01-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

OK I'll try posting my rough draft for the homework....I've tried twice & keep losing it. Talk about triggers! Deep breath.....

People ~ ALL of them! Lol but pushy, mouthy, annoying, up-my-ass busy bodies get under my skin. I try to anticipate that they are just trying to push my buttons & that I'm better off not giving in.

Places ~ Downtown, where my favorite pub is. Just keep driving. Cover my ears and sing LA LA LAAAAA if necessary. Also, concerts. I'd better not plan on any of those for a while.

Things ~ Holidays....I may skip the Christmas Eve party this year, especially since I'll need to be up for work the next day.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hey BBG - how's your night? Any good episodes of BBT on?
Watchin' it right now Sam. Only 7 episodes tonight and not one at 7:30. Whoa is me!!!
Old 12-01-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Hi, just checking in. Feels good to be sober tonight. Instead of buying a pint of vodka I bought a Caramel Brûlée coffee, yum! Much better option.

Hope everyone is doing well xxx
Old 12-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-37-a.html

D