Notices

Class of March 2016 part 36

Old 11-21-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
B- nothing? NOTHING? Hurrumph- what does a self obsessed newly recovering alcoholic have to do to get a little bit, yes just even a little bit of pity around here? No one understands me- especially me. I am different than every one else here. I am very special and deserve extra special treatment because I am so special/ No one but me and the other guy in my brain know this. Mind you I am beginning to have doubts about HIM. Your thanks are duly noted.
Geez I must have been crap when I was drunk. Have a great day, B,
oh and good to hear you type.

Grinning bigger now. Yes, you are different than every one else. That's why I like you. And you have an awesome way with words. You and that other guy must have great conversations.
I know I was crap when I was drunk. Have sweet dreams if you ever go to sleep, oh and you're looking swell today.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Too quiet today.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hey all!! Good day here - got some groceries and laundry is done....house cleaning I will tackle tomorrow. DH and I are making a couple meals tonight for the week ahead - lentil patties (yumm!) and then Kale and Green Pea Pasta (not sure how it will turn out) with bacon, cheese and sun dried tomatoes....man being sober rocks!! Love you all lots!! ❤️❤️
Old 11-21-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

OMG Lillian I'm sorry about your nephew! Thanks for sharing ~ like you said, it's a good reminder

Hello everyone! Sam, give Charlie a hug for me!

I was crap when I was drunk too.....I remember a friend of mine telling me "Don't get sloppy!" That's my Pub family ~ they love my company, but at the same time they're relieved when they don't see me there all the time.

Phoenix your posts continue to crack me up, BTW....

Hi Bobbie! Thanks for sharing your quote too!

So there's a "Holiday Challenge" going on at the gym....anyone who signs up gets weighed in before Turkey Day & then again after the new year. If you maintain or lose weight, you get a t-shirt. Plus it doesn't cost any extra....I think I'm gonna do it. I need to be held accountable as much as possible!
Old 11-21-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I like that challenge, Purple! Might do that myself.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

It is quiet in here. How's everyone doing?

Purplrks - the challenge sounds great...a little incentive to help people moderate their food choices through the holidays.

The night is winding down here....starting a new book and drinking Chamomile Tea while DH plays video games.....feeling relaxed and happy.

Sweet dreams (or good morning/afternoon) class!!
Old 11-21-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Holy crap, where's our class?

Good night, Samantha and Purple, and anyone else reading. Love you all. No matter what
Old 11-22-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Holy crap, where's our class?
Sending out (((hugs))) to everyone

Old 11-22-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Before I make an affirming statement- I have to share: Well SOME of us have a life (I think I read that somewhere). The gym thing-
since I have started doing this I am in. With a fanatical trainer lady who does the recovery gym here x 2 weekly I have embarked on a wonder world of feeling sore in parts of me I did not know even existed. To strengthen my right arm and diaphragm since 35% of the muscle is now crispy critters. Also for flexibility as my bionic skin still contracts and poor, poor, POOR pitiful, miserable me- it hurts. Not that you needed to know all of that but I will lap up every piece of attention I can get. Also diet- I have stopped a lifetime of having food with my salt. Now it is just food. And lots of pepper. Lots of raw vegies. Replaced butter (I can't believe it is) with Greek yoghurt as a spread. Reduced coffee to 9 million, gazillion cups a day. Cut out all white bread and cookies and eat only grain/seed wholemeal. Some days it tastes like crap. None of this barbie lady on daytime TV with plastic everythings that eats something made of organic water and air and then goes 'mmmmm! delicious'. Sometimes just tastes like crap.
This adds to my exercise regime because I spend about 4 hours a day going to and fro from the bog to do number 1's and 2's. Does that mean if one does a number 1 and 2 at the same time it is technically a '3'?
So weight? Have lost 2 kg. What exact day is your T-G? You lot do not seem to make up your mind's. Perhaps that could be something Trump could look into.
And now for the affirming words...

I am in- gym and weight.
It will put hairs on half my chest and I will be a proactive non specific gender person.
By the way- do you know what - to eliminate sexism Santa should be called? Person Christmas.
Don't drink- it's dumb. PJ
Old 11-22-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Morning!! Happy Tuesday!!

PJ - congrats on your weight loss!! And Person Christmas is perfect....lol...shouldnt offend anyone.....hmmmm second thought....maybe Person Holidays?!?

Well another day off today and with DH back to work it will be a day alone....going to keep busy and keep active.

Well I'm off to make a cuppa startin' fluid....
Old 11-22-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Phoenix- taking "no pain no gain" to a new level. Nice work. Thanksgiving is Thursday here. Definitely gain happening that day.

Good morning, Samantha!

Great day all!
Old 11-22-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

So back from a VERY cold walk with Charlie.....brrrr!! Now I'm enjoying a hot cup of Hot Chocolate Tea and contemplating cleaning the house......

I won't drink today....who's with me?
Old 11-22-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Me!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Just added the song "I Love Myself Today" by Bif Naked to my playlist.....this is the part I like;

"I'm lookin' in the mirror and I like what I see:
I've lost the fear & the horror that's been eating at me
'Cause being with you is like a hangman's noose
I was living my life in dead man's shoes

I've had enough. Made up my mind
I'm gonna get up and out and wahhh!

I love myself today
Not like yesterday
I'm cool, I'm calm
I'm gonna be okay! Uh huh
I love myself today
Not like yesterday
Take another look at me now"
Old 11-22-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

And me! Not gonna drink, wouldn't be prudent.

Day 11 and feeling OK, except I was trying to update/reconfigure my computer this morning and I almost threw it out the window. I have very little patience for temperamental technology.

All this talk of exercise makes me feel lazy. I think I'll clean the dust off my spin bike. That will be a workout in and of itself, and then tomorrow maybe I can ride it!

PJ, it's a joy and a hoot and an inspiration to read your posts. Thanks for all you do here on SR.

Sam, Bobbieka, Mish, Purplrks, Lillian, and everyone else, I hope you have a great day.

I still hear hints from the AV ("Come on, a quick pint is all. No harm, no foul"). But a pint is just annoying, like a mosquito buzzing around my ears, and I know what comes next. So nothing at all, nothing at all.

PS: I like those lyrics, Sam. I'll have to look up the song.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hey Pelagic!! Temperamental technology....is there another kind? Lol

Okay fine.....off to clean the house....
Old 11-22-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Oh, one more thing. I saw that pic of Channing Tatum and my first thought was (no kidding here): he looks like every high school football star who shows up for Freshman English in college, sits in the back row, and is destined to get a C. Forgive me, lol. I've seen a bunch of them over the years. They all turn out just fine, btw.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Oh, one more thing. I saw that pic of Channing Tatum and my first thought was (no kidding here): he looks like every high school football star who shows up for Freshman English in college, sits in the back row, and is destined to get a C. Forgive me, lol. I've seen a bunch of them over the years. They all turn out just fine, btw.
I'm pretty sure my first thought when I look at Channing Tatum is not about his grade potential!

Well done on day 11.

Sam - love those lyrics.

Purple just realize your post this morning was really last night. 3:30 am? You might start your day earlier than Sam! Crazy.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Well, checking in because it's what I do and what keeps me sober. Today is day 170. My quote on my sobriety calendar is good today "The best way to predict the future is to create it."

I have been way more active in creating my future lately. Trying to not just let things happen to me, but rather - be a part of the happenings.

Have a great day/evening everyone.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

B- I am shocked. Do you ever see non female persons talking about non males type people as mere objects? To think that such things exist in our gentle and loving world. Our heavenly person tells us this- so it is so. I must admit very hot weather or very cold? Ill take a mild late spring day with a blue sky gently kissed by the coastal winds where the is quiet tranquillity- nay perfection in our person's good works. Good will to all persons. Today here is like that. Still working on me. Day after gym feel sorry for me because I deserve it oh so much because I am special and I drew a good painting in class today mummy -sore. Perhaps just a [I]little[B] dramatic. The recovery stuff I do0- is basically get own room (communal facitlities) and have to go to 2 addiction couns'lg sessions a week. The rest is up to me. Guess what I do? To me this place (I get my own real place with my own toilet soon) is doing a crash course - a Bachelor of me. The more I get in the way of learning, growth, progress and thinking like a person who wears big boy (apology) pants the better. 'Specially with the celebration of a known identity which has influenced a great deal of people's launching date (b-day) coming up. (xmas)
Non person specific gender terminology-
Man hole- becomes person hole
A male mail man becomes (wrt phonetics) a person person person.
The next battle for all advocates of non person gender related culture dear friends- is to eliminate the need for the use of the word person. After all what about those free spirits who do not think in terms of the corporeal existence and live on a more ethereal plane? For example I may believe that I was never meant to be in a person's body but instead I AM a carrot.
So to respect all animal, vegetable and mineral forms- from now on instead of labeling something- we just won't talk for that space of time when we would say the word 'person' or 'carrot'.
So 'that man is silly' evolved to 'that person is silly' to the best which is 'that ....... is silly'.
Don't drink it's dumb- unlike my posts which do have a purpose to me. Thnaks. PJ.
some people may take 'thanks' as being a trigger for drinking- so out of respect I have altered it to thnaks