Class of October 2016 Support Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tryig and Gifford

D
Old 10-08-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Welcome Tryig and Gifford. These kinds of threads are great. So much support out there from everyone, lots of wise words.

Sounds like it could still be withdrawal Gifford. Hope you feel better soon. The anxiety will pass. Maybe keeping yourself busy will distract you from it. Well done on day 6 though!
Old 10-08-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi Classmates

I'm in as well and on day 6. It went well thus far and I feel much better already, but definitely had some cravings today (it being a Saturday). Turned to green tea and had about 6 cups so far.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too Captain Haddock

D
Old 10-08-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Day 7

Morning everyone! My last drink was a week ago today. I made it last night, no drinking even though my husband was. I'm still struggling with the guilt from how drunk I got last weekend. I'm still swimming with the questions of what happened? What did I do? Will people find out my secret that I'm an alcoholic? I'm quitting for my kids, husband and myself. My husband refuses to quit with me, but I can't continue down this road. I guess im writing all this as a reminder. I just can't go backwards. Can anyone give me tips on how to let go of the guilt? It's killing me.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 14 for me. Mind if I join Class of October?

Newlight7,

I am dealing with the guilt too. I can't really help you but I understand. My husband refuses to quit with me too. I think that is the hardest part. My husband and I are both alcoholics. I am taking it one day at a time and sometimes minute by minute.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Yep with you CH- mostly green or ginger tea for me as well at the moment - if I went for coffee each time, I'd be bouncing by now.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by Tryig View Post
Hi! Hope i can still join
Hello
Best thing you will ever do.
Its starting to be a good big october class
Old 10-08-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello classmates
Dont forget your homework.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi trying and Gifford. Welcome.

Congrats on day 1 ssg. You had a few drinks and realized it wasn't for you... That's because you've been thinking about quitting for awhile and I agree that it wasn't just about quitting drinking, it was about the big picture: taking care of ourselves. Since stopping, I look better, I am responsible, I don't have anxiety, I am present for my son and my bf. The final piece to the puzzle is eating healthy and working out. I'm excited you're here ssg.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hey vman, congrats on throwing everything out. You won't be needing that anymore. Do u have immediate goals or anything you're excited about in your new sobriety?

Hi new light, is your husband an alcoholic too? I also had a lot of guilt. I was at my local bar once and I started taking shots, got wayyyy too messed up and blacked out. I had been day drinking and just had too much. The bartender at the bar had to basically carry me back to my house. I'm ashamed to say that happened about three times. I'm sure they were tired of me. Even then I didn't stop! I just went to a new bar lol. Seems so ridiculous now. Hang in there, we have all done stupid stuff and people forget.

Mystary, congrats on week 2! I'm in week 3. Are you feeling any better at all? Im sorry your husband is an alcoholic too I'm sure that makes it 100 times worse. Do you have anyone else for support?

Happy Saturday everyone!! Stay sober, be happy, and make good choices
Old 10-08-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello Jade. My immediate goal is family.
I am so happy for you and your family. Dont forget its ODAAT. I forgot that. Happy we are all here together. See you tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi Octavians, just wanted to pop over from the August group to wish you all a happy and sober October. Great that there's a nationwide campaign going on in Uk called Stoptober, takes away alot of the peer pressure giving easy excuses not to to go out after work on a friday night etc etc or to refuse those few beers that lead to a gazillion more at the footie on a Saturday.
Make this your STOPTOBER.
You will all find a mountain of advice and support on here 24/7, post frequently, let everyone know where you are at, good or bad and most of all never give up. You can all do this guys and everyone here at SR believes in you.
Elle
Old 10-08-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Hello Jade. My immediate goal is family.
I am so happy for you and your family. Dont forget its ODAAT. I forgot that. Happy we are all here together. See you tomorrow.
What's odaat? Ohh one day at a time! I answered my own question lol.

I agree only I don't count days, do you? Its too slow for me. I think of it as a lifestyle change. And every once in awhile I'll be like hmm another week down, awesome. I think I just hate going back to "day one" and 18 days or whatever I'm on seems so miniscule to me.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Thanks Elle for stopping by. I guess we all need as much support as we can get
Old 10-08-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
Mystary, congrats on week 2! I'm in week 3. Are you feeling any better at all? Im sorry your husband is an alcoholic too I'm sure that makes it 100 times worse. Do you have anyone else for support?
Thanks.. Physically I am feeling better but my emotions are still unstable. My thinking is still off. Nobody for support except for here. One day at a time.

Congrats for week 3!
Old 10-08-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, nice to see the group getting big! And some good work going on too.

CH-well done for kicking the cravings. That the thing isn't it? When the physical side lessens in come the cravings or the brain telling you you don't have a problem after all. But that part of the brain can take a run and jump. Can't kid a kidder!

Newlight-I completely get what you mean about the guilt! Mine is crazy bad. But it can lead us to beating ourselves up which I think we've done enough of with the alcohol abuse. Time will help lessen the guilt though. Each day comes a new set of successes and the guilt for the bad things will become a distant memory.

Teaorcoffee-yep I'm strictly decaf whilst I'm detoxing, don't need any more of an emotional roller coaster!

Thanks for the nice welcome Jade! I notice I look better too shortly after detoxing, just looking forward to getting it out of my system!

Thanks for popping over Elle! Yep I'm back in a new class-how embarrassing!!

Been doing a fair bit of good work this afternoon, punctuated with little checks on here. This thread sure is a life saver!
Old 10-08-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

After accidentally posting in last years october class, decided to copy my post here. I'm pretty much a time traveller now. 😂

Day 1 again here y'all. I'll be joining the class of October 2016!! I've been part of april, may, june, and i relapsed july through now. I keep thinking i can moderate, be a normal drinker and I just can't. I'm off to get a cup of coffee and run to target to take my one year old daughter birthday shopping!!!
Old 10-08-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

My body is super unhappy with me today. I'm trying to work through it and just get things done, but I'm still mega dehydrated and shaking and feel like crap.💩 That's was relapsing feels like and I hope I fan remember that the next time I go thinking I can drink. Chin up y'all! I'm going to play with my daughter and continue to binge watch American Horror Story, and eat the junk food I bought in preparation for yesterday's hurricane. 🤗🍔
Old 10-08-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I'd like to join this group. I need to