Notices

One Year & Over Part 42

Old 09-30-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats FTG! I'm actually about two calendar weeks away from 18months but thanks all for the early congrats! I'm thankful for each and every 24 hours I stay sober and to each of you here on the Overs whom have become my adoptive extended family. You folks keep me on the straight and narrow.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Do your best

Apologies Stargazer
Old 09-30-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

FarToGo and stargazer on 18 incredible months!!!!
Old 09-30-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

The difference between a bad haircut and a good one is about 2 weeks SW

D
Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ok so il explain what happened first time round .. I was reading Steve peters the chimp paradox and on the subject of mental gremlins I really thought it was a great way at unlearning negative behaviours in this case only letting 2 people in that barbers cut my hair because I just wouldn't trust a new barber if I didn't have to

Anyway so I go to the barbers around the time I was reading this gremlin chapter and lo & behold my barbers are not there & a new barber is so I thought I'd put my new thinking into action and let the new barber cut my hair you know get rid of that gremlin right ?

As luck would have it I said short but not too short and he kind of went at my head with what turned out to be 0.5 on the clippers in that swift moment I saw my reflection and just started laughing I was touching it don't know why I did that because it wasn't coming back the barber knew I was mortified briefly but I kept cool and said continue and although very short it didn't look too bad but I did have alopecia at the time & forgot my hat so i just grinned and bared it (litrelly)

So today I go to get my haircut knowing full well my barbers are on holiday & it's the guy who I've just mentioned he was in a good mood I think he was expecting me to leave but I already knew & planned for this guy to cut my hair call it crazy but to really exorcise that gremlin this was going to happen

As it turned out I fully explained what I wanted & not like last time he done a fantastic job and he got a tip for doing so I actually think he cuts really well & won't have a problem if my barbers are ever away again

Props to Steve peters & the chimp paradox

Sorry for the long post about a haircut
Old 09-30-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it went ok SW

D
Old 09-30-2016, 11:33 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Pleased your haircut turned out good, Wolfie.

Haha, Dee, they say give it 2 weeks for a haircut to settle down.

We put the central heating on, albeit very low, it just takes the chill off so instead of 19 degrees it's now 21 and comfortable. No need to wrap up in the slanket of an evening! We have a coal fire which is heaven but it sends me to sleep, so warm!

I've purchased some spring bulbs to plant. I've planted some in pots and going to put some straight in the ground. Now you're probably wondering why I'm stating such an obvious fact but the thing is, I haven't really planted before, except tomatoes, so it's a new venture for me and I look forward to seeing them in spring.
I haven't got natural green fingers, mine are a bit clumsy.

I remember when I hadn't been sober for very long, maybe a few months in, and I changed the bulb in the fridge. Nothing big but little things I was going to get round to when I was drinking. It takes a while, my get up and go is very reluctant nowadays but I get there eventually!

My dad used to call me Flier, as I chased about all the time, always on the go, rarely sat down, I wish I could get back a little bit of the flier I was!

Anyways, have a lovely weekend, enjoy your time and see you later.

Love Mags
Old 10-01-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sorry Strargazer, I thought we were a day or so apart either way.
No matter, we get to go "Whoop whoop!" again in two weeks.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you D & Mags hiya Fartogo
Old 10-01-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Congratulations FTG.

Wolf love the signature pic.

The first time I went to Canada I had a beard because I had scalded my face shaving while hung over. By the time I was healed I had so much beard I didn't dare try cutting it off. I only had a small battery travelling shaver and the only hair dresser was not above playing tricks on folk. (She helped us dye a guys' white dog pink.) So travelling back to the UK after four months I looked like Grizzly Adams until I found a barber in Toronto.
Korea was no better. Korean hair is different to European hair and the barbers in small towns make a hash of it. So I arrived in Vancouver looking like Grizzly Adams again. The guy at the airport who helps you find a hotel thought I looked like a bum and booked me into 'The Lamp Lighter Hotel' which is (or was, is it still there IP?) a flop house for bums and down and outs. Anyway I booked in and compared to the brothel I'd been living in, in Korea, my room was pretty good, hey there's a bed! First job was a hair cut. Whether the guy was looking for lice or what I don't know but I ended up looking like a cue ball, top of my head and chin. When I went back to the lamp lighter the guy on the desk didn't believe I'd booked in all ready. That hair cut lasted me three months

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

After arubbish night sleep in a roadside hotel we travelled 8.5 hours by plane. We paid for extra leg room which was great, I had noise cancelling headphones for the first time which were brilliant, and personal inflight entertainment so watched a movie and several episodes of Big Bang Theory in between reading. Those seats never get comfortable though and I wasn't able to get any sleep. In more recent years, hubby seems to drink more and more on flights. I was getting really pissed at him yesterday, thank goodness we always book aisle seats across from each other and not next to! I realised this morning that my anger at his drinking comes from having to haul my ex h's drunken ass aroubd every time we went on holiday. I was always the one who had to stay sober enough to make sure we reached our destination along with baggage etc and it frustrated the h3ll out of me every time. I guess I had come to rely on the present Mr T's sobriety, and the fact he normally takes charge of everything.
I didn't enjoy the drive from. The airport to the villa, the sat nav was useless, hubby was still drunk so kept turning in his seat and blocking my side mirror and when I asked him to keep an eye on the directions he didn't. I ended up taking a short but frustrating detour into traffic which didn't help my ever shortening fuse. Worse, I knew that tired as I was, once we reached our villa I would have to drive us all back out to get something to eat.
I was tired sober and had a banging head. Still we got here. The villa is lovely, and in the very near future I am going to have to hunt down some coffee or I will go postal. I will be shopping today, decent coffee top of my list!
Old 10-01-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

(((Toots)))

Hopefully after a nap things will even out a little.

Maybe you could order some delivery food for the time being. There's no call for you to run back out immediately.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Sorry you didn't enjoy your trip Toots, sending you a hug.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Sorry about the arduous trip, Toots, but hope you enjoy the holiday!!!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Do your best

Toots

Loved your post Mags

Thanks Andy

Been raining all morning more likely this afternoon aswell

Have a sweet sober Saturday gang
Old 10-01-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

You, too, SW!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Gilmer X
Old 10-01-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

(((Toots))), sorry you had a rough trip. I must admit that the older I get the less I like traveling.

Mags, when I was first separated from my ex, I felt incapable of doing nearly everything. I was about to move to my brand-new condo and wanted an under-counter paper towel holder. I bought a drill and got it done with much angst. I felt like I had just climbed Mt. Everest!

Hi to all
Old 10-01-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats, FTG!

Toots, it's stories like yours that make me glad I don't travel much. I'm 50 years-old and have only been on a plane trip once in my entire life, and that was work-related. I love to drive and if I can't get there by car, I ain't going

Wolfie, glad your haircut turned out.

Have a Stupendous Saturday, overs!
Old 10-01-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Administrator

That is a gra-hoo-hoo-vie avatar FBL

D