Notices

One Year & Over Part 42

Old 09-30-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Good luck with the haircut, Wolfie. Mine is always "buzzcut #1" and it's nearly impossible to screw up.

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 09-30-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Do your best

It's that barber here I go lol
Old 09-30-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Thanks, Itchy. Good luck with the surgery arrangements. Life has a bad habit of piling on everything and the kitchen sink at the same time Then, the other way to think of it is that we get a bunch of hard stuff all at once and then hopefully have a quiet spell.

Andy, ouch!

Wolfie, those internal gremlins are a real challenge. Good for you for finding things to keep you occupied while Mrs. Wolfie is away.

Drake, how's it going? Good to see you checking in regularly. I truly believe that reading and posting here daily helps me keep my eye on the sober ball.

Have a lovely day to all
Old 09-30-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I have a recurring drinking dream where I've had a couple drinks before I remember that I'm an alcoholic who cannot drink. These dreams have never upset me a whole lot, or shaken my faith in sobriety, or triggered me to drink.

Over the last few months I've just started to feel like my energy levels are returning to "normal." Normal is a funny word to use because I've always drank!

I felt high highs and low lows when I drank. Today as I was driving to work I saw someone flicking a cigarette out the car window and it reminded me of my drinking days because I'd smoke when I drank. I had eardrum piercing highs back then. The next morning, low lows.

So today I was driving to work, feeling good, calm, steady energy. I saw the person flick their cigarette, which reminded me about my active addiction days, and thought, I NEVER felt this calm steady energy when I drank.

Here's to a good, sober day, everyone!
Old 09-30-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Steady energy - like it.
No anxiety for the next drink and no lay about calm if you stop after two or three.

Many moons ago at work I used to use an oscilloscope that had a light excluding hood like a submarine periscope has. After drinking at lunch time I could fall asleep against it and no one knew - I think
Old 09-30-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Hope you are all doing well!
Old 09-30-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

You brought back a happy image for me, Andy: I used to work with oscilloscopes, too. I loved their light blue glow!

In 1995 my husband got a company car, a Ford Explorer. It had the coolest-looking instrumentation panel: an intricate display that lit up in a striking light blue after dark.

I just seem to have a thing for blue lights. In my childhood there was a rollicking family with 7 kids and a pool, and every Christmas they put up outdoor lights that were all blue. It was the coolest! I learned in my 30s that it was because they were celebrating Chanukah rather than Christmas. What a great tradition!

Once when I went to K-Mart I looked for "blue light specials"--I did see one, but I remember not being impressed, either with the sale item or the light.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Good luck with the haircut, Wolfie. Mine is always "buzzcut #1" and it's nearly impossible to screw up.

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
I did the "buzzcut #1 for years, finally just opted to shave it off every other day and grow a little goatee. My kids think it's cool, at any rate.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-30-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well that mental gremlin got exorcised I fully explained to the barber how I wanted it cut & this time it went awesome

Mrs sw is on the plane & will be landing in the next few hours it's just me & glen tonight it's going to be awesome il miss her but it's only a week plus I got you beautiful people x
Old 09-30-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Gilmer I bet you like the blue glass they make too. There's a type of booze they sell in a blue glass bottle, can't remember the booze but I kept the bottle
Old 09-30-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I do! I also like Coke bottle green glass, too, especially if it's really old.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mrs sw landed safely I'm going to take Glen out for a walk
Old 09-30-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

evening folks.
18 months today (you too stargazer?) I've amazed myself.
I participated well in an important meeting at work today, I think I could do it 18months ago but was always internally struggling with feelings of being a fraud (if only they saw me first thing this morning ect.... ) also going bright red all the time, sweating too much, all that.
Anyway, I doubt I set the world on fire, but felt relevant with a contribution to make and like I belonged there. Pretty big stuff.
Sober is the way.
xx
Old 09-30-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Congrats FTG (and SG?)!

Good for you, .Wolfie
Old 09-30-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations Fartogo and Star! Brilliant achievement 18 months.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs

This morning I wrote a message and I thought I'd sent it, but alas, it was still there waiting to post onto this thread. Talk about getting old!

You'll never guess what's on TV.! 'The Good Old Days' with all the big words. Bernard Cribbins was on it too, looking so much younger. Though I think he looks better now. As do all men, in my own humble opinion. They seem to grow into themselves and get better with age. Now I'm not touching on the female species, myself being one!

I saw a man on my way to work this morning, drunk or drugged up, he was slumped on a lamppost. My heart went out to him. I didn't stop, I couldn't and I wouldn't know what to do. But I felt saddened for this man and said a silent gratitude that I'm sober and hoped he'd find sobriety in the end.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Do your best

I've seen similar heartbreaking stuff Mags x

Congratulations to Far & Stargazer 18 months is a amazing milestone
Old 09-30-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Star and ftg!

Mags,
Perhaps someone said a prayer for each of us that started us on the right path.

Sassy.
No worries here will get it all done. Thanks.

Wolf,
i hate a bad haircut too.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Congratulations, FTG and Stargazer!
Old 09-30-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks itch I felt awesome as the guy cutting it cut it way too short before so it was nice explaining short but not like last time and exorcising my barber gremlin

Belated congratulations SG sorry if I got your date wrong x