View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Soberwolf
Do your best

Ok so il explain what happened first time round .. I was reading Steve peters the chimp paradox and on the subject of mental gremlins I really thought it was a great way at unlearning negative behaviours in this case only letting 2 people in that barbers cut my hair because I just wouldn't trust a new barber if I didn't have to

Anyway so I go to the barbers around the time I was reading this gremlin chapter and lo & behold my barbers are not there & a new barber is so I thought I'd put my new thinking into action and let the new barber cut my hair you know get rid of that gremlin right ?

As luck would have it I said short but not too short and he kind of went at my head with what turned out to be 0.5 on the clippers in that swift moment I saw my reflection and just started laughing I was touching it don't know why I did that because it wasn't coming back the barber knew I was mortified briefly but I kept cool and said continue and although very short it didn't look too bad but I did have alopecia at the time & forgot my hat so i just grinned and bared it (litrelly)

So today I go to get my haircut knowing full well my barbers are on holiday & it's the guy who I've just mentioned he was in a good mood I think he was expecting me to leave but I already knew & planned for this guy to cut my hair call it crazy but to really exorcise that gremlin this was going to happen

As it turned out I fully explained what I wanted & not like last time he done a fantastic job and he got a tip for doing so I actually think he cuts really well & won't have a problem if my barbers are ever away again

Props to Steve peters & the chimp paradox

Sorry for the long post about a haircut