Notices

One Year & Over Part 42

Old 09-26-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Itch
Old 09-26-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Itchy, I get what you are saying about never drinking again. This last time drinking and then quitting sealed it for me. It was such a bear to stop that I won't risk it again. The funny thing is that I still have 10 tablets of the med I temporarily took 1 hour before a glass of wine. When I did that, no buzz at all. I know exactly what would happen if I started again and have no interest in going there ever again. Those 10 pills are my final fail-safe and knowing I have them makes it paradoxically easier to not pick up.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Overs darker mornings are upon us n the Uk

I think I had a dream last night where I was telling my mum about stranger things she was on the couch with my eldest neice cuddled up I think she would have loved it petty cool dream
Old 09-26-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Hiya Wolfie. Lovely dream of your mum.

Itchy, I watched waiting for God years ago and loved it. Mash, well it's a classic, they're doing reruns on one of our channels, I watched it years ago and still love it now.
I loved the twilight zone, they never scared me just made me think, which is what they were after, I assumed. It put my imagination in overtime. I'm not a doc Martin fan, after watching Martin clones as the funny man in men behaving badly, I just don't see him as doc martin!

Our countries are building these instruments of mass destruction so we can return the favour? You bomb me, we'll send one back in return. So we all destroy each other. So sad really.

Week, it's Tuesday and I'm off back to work after 3 nice days off.

Have a good Tuesday overs.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Late night at work. Good night all!
Old 09-26-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Magsie

Goodnight Star!
Old 09-26-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Late night at work. Good night all!
Good night! Morning for me!!
Old 09-27-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, if you loved Breaking Bad I think you'll also dig Better Call Saul. Bob Odenkirk has always been a favorite of mine and Saul was such a great part of BB. I've bought the entire series of the original Twilight Zone twice over the years! First, when they came out with 4 random episodes per disc and again when they remastered the episodes chronologically by season. I'm tempted to buy them a third time as they remastered them yet again for Blu-ray, however the hefty price tag is holding me back. I cut the cable years ago and solely watch stuff from my massive DVD/Blu-Ray collection at home. If I want news or sports, I go to the interwebs.

I also don't think I could handle a relapse and don't think it'll happen. Not bragging, just stating fact. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

Have a Terrific and/or Tolerable Tuesday, overs!
Old 09-27-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning all!

I remember watching one Twilight Zone as a kid where some king of creature/gremlin is on the wing of a plane messing with an engine. Only one passenger sees it, but every time he tries to alert someone, it disappears. Everyone thinks the guy is nuts. I forget how it ended.

When I fly today and sit near the wings, I still think of this early childhood memory!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

SG, oh my gosh - I remember that episode! I also don't remember how it ended.

Have a tolerable Tuesday, Overs!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Afternoon all,

Just back from my friends funeral. So lovely, heartbreakingly sad, laugh out loud funny, tender, intense ............... you all know. Part of life.
I was the only person there in a pink jacket, I don't think he'd have minded at all. Bye my friend.
xx
Old 09-27-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Lovely post FTG, thank you for sharing.

I remember the Simpson's version of that Twilight Zone!
I woke up this morning thinking it was the weekend. It's Tuesday.

Have a Tolerable Tuesday Overs!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It sounds like a fitting tribute, FTG.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone x
Old 09-27-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

FTG, I'm pleased all went as well as your friend would've wanted it.

I remember that episode of twilight zone too! It was the actor off third rock from the sun, I'm sure. He went crazy.didnt they take him away in an ambulance then the driver turned and it was the alien, or was that another, lol. One what sticks in my head, though only part of it. A man goes out of a pub into some kind of war zone, it wasn't there when he went in, that's all I remember.

Inpar, Tuesday! Arrg.what a shock!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Mags x

Night everyone
Old 09-27-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good evening Overs!

Sassy,
I never heard of those pills to eliminate the buzz. Me there is no desire. The only time I thought of having to do it all over again was during the first month or two of my PAWS. And then it was not to drink but to stop the memory issues, the wild mood swings, the bowel disruptions from one extreme to the other, a couple of panic attacks which I'd never had but once in my life. My F2F AA meetings gave me reassurance that I was not going to have the PAWS permanently, and that most likely they would disappear with a bit more time. I had the same thing here on SR but it took both to get through my first three months. Like I said, I think it was the combination of quitting drinking more than 30 units a day of alcohol, and quitting my smoking three packs at least a day of cigarettes, at the same time that threw my whole mind and body out of whack.

Wolf,
Sounds like a wonderful dream.

Mags,
The US has not made many shows from the POV of the older folks save for "Golden Girls," and "Hot In Cleveland." I love the Brit shows and stars as well as ours, they don't mind us sharing.

There will always be a Kim Jong-Un, Hitler, or Stalin in the world. They must not be the only armed actors on the world stage.

FBL,
I don't think any chance of wanting alcohol happening here either.
I keep forgetting you don't do TV at all. You do know that over the air (OTA) is still out there for networks news and shows free, and HD? We like the OTA for news and some network shows. We have put up an outside antenna finally just yesterday off the eave of the roof. IT is an Omni and I had a four output pro amp installed to be the splitter: Electroline Eda 2400 4 Port Cable TV HDTV Signal Booster Amplifier Retail New | eBay all installed yesterday. We are slowly getting the new house equipped the way we want. I also do buy BluRay when we can for a buck each, $2 at most from Goodwill yard sales and Pawn shops. Most would be surprised but you have to go at least a few times a week like I do for fun. That amp was bought at the local Goodwill, new in the packaging for $3.99. If it failed to work I could always buy a new one. But it works great, as any new item should. And now we have four active pre installed TV wall outlets. I will keep the flat amplified and the small pull out indoor antennas in case.

Better Call Saul Season 1 (and 2 will be there soon) is on Netflix, I will binge 1 and 2 when it comes out then catch up live on AMC (via Sling TV) Monday nights at 9 Central.

Star, Sassy, IP, and Mags,
That was one of my favorites too and William Shatner played in the original, and John Lithgow when they did a remake. Here is the YouTube comparison between the original and the remake with lots of info in the verbiage below the video:

FTG,
I'm glad it was a good send off and goodbye for you. Pink sounds great too, with good memories.

We had the antenna done yesterday and today the A/C , still under warranty had the leaking evaporator (inside) A frame coil replaced and the refrigerant refilled. No leaks now. No charge thank goodness. It froze up and no air could go through the day before the warranty ran out and they made sure it was no charge for us.

Now I need to go and get a 3/4" 45° PVC coupler to extend the drain to the back of the house. It was in a bad place and pooling. Drains are nice because with no pressure they hold together and do not leak without glue, just twisted on firmly

Last edited by Dee74; 09-27-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, it's Wednesday nearly 6.30 am.

Thanks for the video, itchy, I don't remember William Shatner in it at all!

My cat Merlin, is giving me daggers! I've fed him, fussed him, he's got his own cat flap now and he's being so vocal. He's getting quite an attitude on him as he gets older! Apparently I'm in his spot on the sofa! I'd better move then, your highness!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:32 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Yes, who could forget that most famous episode with pre-Star Trek William Shatner already showing his great penchant for overacting! And the guy in the fuzzy gremlin suit! Classic.